It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• how do I know I have acid reflux and not a sinus drip?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
    Mary72
    (female)

Mary72 HB User
    how do I know I have acid reflux and not a sinus drip?

how do I know I have acid reflux and not a sinus drip?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
    gcsjr
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
    Re: how do I know I have acid reflux and not a sinus drip?

There's no easy answer because they it's not really an "either/or". Postnasal drip can be a symptom of sinusitis and acid reflux so the actual symptoms are the same (allergies can cause the same symptoms as well)

If you have sinusitis you'll typically have nasal congestion, discolored mucus when you blow your nose, and some facial pressure (and if your acid reflux is serious enough it can actually lead to sinus inflammation and sinusitis).

The easiest solution is to treat the acid reflux with something like Prilosec OTC because if you symptoms are acid reflux related they should clear up when you get the acid reflux under control. If they don't clear up you may need to see an ENT for an endoscopic exam or CT scan to look for another cause (and an allergist to see if allergies may be the underlying cause).

Closed Thread