It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Anaemia symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
    Trixibel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Trixibel HB User
    Anaemia symptoms

Hi. I'd just be interested to hear what symptoms people have with their anaemia. I would appreciate anyone's input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
    Re: Anaemia symptoms

I had RLS, cold, pale, itchy eyes, ate ice and almost blacked out in the beginning. Then, as the anemia progressed while on supplements I had the above and tingling, numbness in hands and feet, bilateral facial numbness, muscle spasm in the neck and up the head, anxiety, palpitations, tackycardia, high BP at doctor's appointments, weakness, brain fog, nausea and weight loss 15 lb.. I'm sure that there are more but I just don't remember them right now. And my thyroid tests all came back normal at this time so that was ruled out along with many other autoimmune diseases. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
    ChristineVA
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User

For me it was just incredible fatigue. Not the kind where you feel like sleeping but EVERYTHING I did seemed like a monumental task. I pretty much gave up going shopping because walking the mall was too daunting. A day of housework just wiped me out.

During the winter months, if I wasn't moving around a lot, I would get so cold that my body temp. dropped really low and I would end up in bed shivering and miserable. The only thing that would stop the shivering was an extremely hot bath.

I had an increase in my anxiety. Oh, and totally no motivation at work.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
    lindsalou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lindsalou HB User

Breathlessness, anxiety, fatigue, headaches, brain fog, mouth ulcers. etc. Bascially just feeling like id been hit by a bus!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #5
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Fatigue! How on earth could I have left that one out. I still have it with a low ferritin after a hard days work around the house. FLFLOWERGIRL

Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Immense fatigue no matter how much sleep i had, no motivation, everything was an effort, extremely big appetite but unable to put on weight, dark circles around my eyes, puffy, sore and stinging/burning eyes, constant hair shedding in abnormal amounts leading to hair thinning.

All of the above symptoms which i believe were part of my low iron for many years and due to the flow on affects of low iron to other organs/body areas eg: thyroid. All the symptoms have pretty much gone now, or aren't extreme. My hair is still shedding but not in scary amounts. Am feeling so much better, but know i'll feel even better when my ferretin gets even higher.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #7
    help wanted :(
    (female)

help wanted :( HB User

fatigue, getting cold easily and my hands and feet just seemed to empty of blood when i got really cold and my skin went all patchy om other parts of my body. geting out of breath from just walking upstairs, anxiety, depression, feeling generally week and having no motivation... oh what a wonderful life!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
    moommin
    Veteran
    (female)

moommin HB User

fatiuge anxiaty ,eating bags of mints, eyes burning brain fog,body jurks white toe nales memmory loss joint pain , .mind you im also in peri meno

Old 02-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
    diamond79
    Veteran
    (female)

diamond79 HB User

I had (and still have) horrible fatigue, tingling hands and feet, out of breath trying to do anything, dizzy/fainting feelings, low blood pressure, aching joints, burning muscles in legs and arms, MAJOR brain fog, nails are brittle and have lines/craters in them and breathing problems at night.
    The worst would have to be the fatigue and dizziness...very annoying!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
    Boozjee
    (female)

Boozjee HB User

RLS and occasional whole body RLS, crashing fatigue, body jerks, extreme sleepiness but unable to sleep, muscle weakness, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, serious brain fog, lack of motivation, and other strange feelings in my body that I don't really know how to describe.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
    arkieaz
    (female)

arkieaz HB User

Severe fatigue, sudden onset of RLS in my legs and arms so severe I couldn't work at my computer, sleep, or sit, severe stomach pain (came on without warning any time of day and was so severe I was doubled over for 5 mintues or so), recurring chest pain (severe enough to make me think I was having a heart attack), heavy periods with big clots, severe ice cravings (planned daily routes to include multiple stops at particular places for crushed ice), morning nausea, severe ovulation pain, feeling weak, feeling faint, nearly passing out, out of breath easily, painful swallowing food and liquids (even water), unable to tolerate any carbonated drinks, onions, or spicy foods. Also brain fog, inability to concentrate, and inability to multi-task (had to focus on one thing at a time or would forget what I was doing). Lastly, losing massive amounts of hair.

All but the chest pain have gone away when my levels started to come up. This is a purely anecdotal list, but the coincidence of when all these started and when each symptom has improved corresponds directly with lab results showing drops in hemoglobin, hematocrit, iron and ferritin.

Last edited by arkieaz; 02-12-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added to my list

Closed Thread