It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• micro bumps on chin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
    Harambee
    (female)

Harambee HB User
    micro bumps on chin

hey there,

It has been 4 years since the micro sized flesh coloured bumps on my chin appeared.

My dermatologist right away said that they were scarring...and prescribed Retin-A. I tried that for a year...and it didn't work at all. The bumps are still here.

Heres the thing...these small bumps can't be scarring...because they appear and disappear all over my chin. These bumps are NOT painful, itchy or red...just stubborn flesh coloured bumps.

I'm just so tired of them. Please, if you think you know what these bumps may be...leave a message.

Any help would be great!

-harambee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
    zambi
    (male)

zambi HB User
    Re: micro bumps on chin

Hi Harambee,

This sounds like it might be something to do with diet. When I lived in the Netherlands, I noticed exactly the same thing, though this happened to me mainly around the forehead. I spoke to other foreign students there and many of them actually had these little bumps too. It was generally agreed that it was the sour-dough bread that causes this reaction. How true this is I don't know. My acne disappeared in Holland, but when I moved back to the UK the little bumps vanished but the spots came back! I think the water (both drinking and bathing) has a part to play but food was definately the main reason for this difference, in my case anyway.

zambi

Old 02-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
    BluEyez1031
    Veteran
    (female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

I got those all over my chin one summer...it ended up being some sort of allergic reaction I think, even though it wasn't itchy. I changed my face products to organic ones, and problem solved.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
    Harambee
    (female)

Harambee HB User

Hey,

So, I went to my derm and she said that these bumps are scars! When I asked what can be done, she said NOTHING! Since these scars are in a difficult place (my chin) and since i have a darker complexion...she said there is no treatment out there. The only thing to do is wait (as I already have for 4 years) for these scars to disappear on there own.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I've realized that I have spent my youth hiding from people...too embarassed to really pursue my dreams because I'm so self conscious. I see the way people stare and so to hear that NOTHING can be done to help or resolve this problem, leaves me feeling helpless. With hope diminishing...and practically stomped on by my derm, I wonder...will another unaccomplished year pass?

Sitting, wishing, waiting...

-Harambee

Closed Thread