It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Jen/Ashley - How did it go for you?? Here's my update...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2003, 07:54 AM   #1
    owenville
    Inactive

owenville HB User
    Talking Jen/Ashley - How did it go for you?? Here's my update...

Jen - How was the lap? I think I saw a thread someone started on that, so I'll hop over there next.

Ashley - how was your IUI? How are you feeling? I was warned I could have mild cramping and some staining afterwards and I did, so if you have that, don't be alarmed, it's cool.

Well my doc confirmed what the lab tech said - my HSG results were great, all clear. Also confirmed my blood test results, that my CCT levels were "excellent."

She did the ultrasound first and said that we definitely had two follies, maybe more - YAY! The IUI felt a little more twingy than the first one, but who cares, right? And I'm not crampy at all today, which is good.

This time we're using progesterone cream, as apparently I have a short luteal phase (only 10 days or so). Then I'm going in for a blood test on 7/3 to check my progesterone levels to see the effects of the cream and my own hormones. And then I go in for a scan on 7/7, which will either show me a little one, or will be the baseline for the next round - guess which I'm hoping for!!

One thing she did say - I have very bad cramps the day the stick on my ovulation tester changes color. Usually when the stick changes color, you then go in the FOLLOWING day for the IUI. She said that if it doesn't work this cycle, on the next cycle she's going to have me come in for a SAME-DAY IUI, that my ovulation may occur very quickly after my surge.

So there you are, in detail. Thanks for the good wishes, all! I will, of course, keep you posted .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2003, 09:34 AM   #2
    Tryingfor#2
    Veteran

Tryingfor#2 HB User
    Owneville, good luck in the 2ww, hope you stay real busy and get a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck!
    Amber http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 06-28-2003, 12:01 PM   #3
    ashley

ashley HB User
    Hey Owenville! Glad your IUI went well! I too had some bleeding but not much. This was my first IUI, so I didn't know what to expect - I was so worried that it was going to feel like the HSG - yuck!! But it wasn't bad at all. I backed up on the table when they inserted the catheter, though. Anyway, I had 4 mature follies spotted on the ultra-sound on Monday, so my fingers are crossed!! I got a little worried about detecting the surge on the ovulation kit b/c my doctor also said (like yours) that if you get the surge at night, then you schedule IUI the next morning. If you get the surge in the morning, then you schedule IUI that afternoon. I got the surge before I went to bed on Wednesday night and I was already having some cramping like you - hope the timing was right! Everything is so technical!!! I go in July 3rd too for progesterone!!! Guess we will be cycle buddies this month!!! Glad that there is someone else to lean on and compare notes. Question: My ovaries still felt a little tender until last night. Is this o.k. or should I be worried? My fingers, toes, arms, legs, and heart are crossed for you!!! Glad to hear that everything went well and that you had 2 follies!! That's great! What is your diagnosis (troubles?) I have unexplained infertility which is sooooo frustrating!!! Look forward to hearing from you soon!!! Ashley

Old 06-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #4
    owenville
    Inactive

owenville HB User
    Hey there - great news! FOUR?!? That ROCKS!!

We have a thick CM/healthy but slow swimmer combination, plus a short luteal phase. Tubes are clear, hormones are good, so hopefully they little fellows just need some help to get to their target !

I actually haven't had any twinges or anything this time. The first time I was crampy, twingy, and as it went on had some nausea and headache, etc, which is why my doc thinks I may have actually had a fertilitzed egg that did not implant. Hmmm...we'll never know .

Keep posting and remember - STAY BUSY!!!

Talk soon...

Old 06-28-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
    ashley

ashley HB User
    Thanks!!!! I hope these next 2 weeks go by fast. My hormones are fine and progesterone was 123 last month on Clomid (4 follies then too). The doctor was convinced I was pg - how disappointing!! Does the amount of follies affect the progesterone level?? Just wondering. Hope those little guys find your targets!!! Fingers are crossed for you.

JEN---- If you read this, hope your LAP went well!!! I forgot to ask you about it in my earlier post! I had one in April and was real soar for about 3 days. After about a week, I was back in tip top shape. Thinking about you!!! Ashley

Closed Thread