It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #46
    firelvr
    (female)

firelvr HB User
    Re: Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

I'm so happy your doing well..... I'm 23 days clean from Hydros...... I finally can sleep again without taking benadryl..... But I still don't want to do much. Can't wait till that feeling is gone... Keep up the good work..... Hugs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #47
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks firelvr and everyone else.

I'm on day 22 today.

Sleep is back to 6-7 hours which is normal for me. I am up by 5AM at the latest even on weekends unless I stay up real late.
    Eating is great.
    Anxiety in there but at what I would consider normal levels. Life is full of anxiety, I can fight it now not hide behind a pill or bottle. Not really any depression at all?? No PAWS either.
    I do get the yawns from time to time but I think it might be those damn Cig's.

Meeting with the Mind Doc on Thursday. He has me starting another med. It is called Lamictal ?? Not sure on the spelling. I looked it up and it is for Bi-polar which Doc has said I am showing symtoms of hypermainia (I guess that is being way up for long periods of time then only crashing once in while) I really don't have a crashes down when I'm clean, Always way up on the hyper side. Busy Busy Busy. He says this will help bring me down a notch without Narc's or booze. He said it will help with my hyperactivity and is NOT addicitve. I made it clear I would refuse a Narc at this point in my recovery and he agreed.

Things with the wife are still like a roller coaster. I can deal with it now that I'm clean. Would make things easier if she was always positive but I understand her feelings.

Just like the saying, Sometimes the truth hurts. I told the truth and it hurt. I guess I told the truth for ME. at least I don't have that lurking around my mind bringing me down.

On the journey to fix Baja Now. Good Bye Oxy, Hydro and booze.

Well everyone have a great day!! I know I will..

Peace.

Baja

Old 02-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #48
    Laurie434
    (female)

Laurie434 HB User

Hey Baja,
    You are quite an inspiration! I went down to 1 pill last night! Feel pretty good! Hopefully I can get off of the Norco soon! Just keep on praying....that is all I can do! Praying for the very best in your journey and recovery!
    Laurie

Old 02-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #49
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Laurie,

You won't have any problems. Just keep cuttin and countin. You will be at Zero in no time.

I can't believe I'm already this far along. It went by sooo fast.

Going to the shrink on Thursday afternoon. I'll post my details if any.

The roller coaster ride with the wife is on a high today. I hope this isn't the calm before the storm :-)
    She is on her cycle so I have to understand the moodiness.

I'm Praying for you too. BIG HUGS from Baja!!

Peace.
    Baja

Old 02-28-2008, 02:56 AM   #50
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Baja Here,

I really hope I'm Boring people Now nothing new:-)

On day 23 now and still feel great!
    I feel, again , just like normal what ever that may be.

Looking back it was sooo worth the pain of the W/D's to now finally feel the way I do now.

This board is and has been a boig part of my journey out. Now on to Fixing Baja and this board is also great for working on that. Maintenence for me if you will.

A plus is I really do like to help other people. My wife is in the medical field (Cardiac). I am planning on going back to school, at 43 and real close to 44yrs, and get into the medical field. It looks like if I want a good job here in MI I have to go to medical. My Med Doc even said I would be good at it because he said I'm a people person and I'm also a talker. Always something to say even to someone I don't know.

I go to my Mind Doc today. I'll see what knowledge he can enlighten me with. More clues to solve the puzzle that lies within me. I also believe that my faith in God has got me here too. I have to thank God.

BIG Hugs to all the girls Girls and a Big High Five for all the dudes here.

Thanks for responding to me when I needed it most.

Wavin at REACH, Super big hugs Dear,

Peace.
    Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 02-28-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:23 AM   #51
    Angiejr2
    (female)

Angiejr2 HB User

Baja---you a talker? No way!!! LOL You couldn't bored us Baja---I for one look forward to seeing your progress, you are an inspiration to many, you keep on keepin on! Congrats! Have an awesome day....

~Angie

Old 02-28-2008, 04:35 AM   #52
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Angie.
    You have a great day too.
    Big HUGS.

Peace.
    Baja

Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #53
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hello Again,

On day 24 and still feelin fine!!

Had to plow snow all night and just got in. Started at 1:30 AM.

I need a nap :-)

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Peace,
    Baja

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #54
    acaptainn
    (male)

acaptainn HB User

Baja, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it got in the 40,s here
    i need to move south ! lol.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #55
    Laurie434
    (female)

Laurie434 HB User

Hey Baja!
    You should be so proud of yourself! What an accomplishment. I am down to just a half of a pill a day....Wooooohoooo! Doing better with the less I take! Hope you don't have to much snow there.
    You're doing great!!!!!
    Laurie434
    Sending you a wave back!!!!! :-)

Old 03-01-2008, 05:59 AM   #56
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Mornin All,

Well What can I say?
    I'm on day 25 now and feel totally normal.
    I can handle all this monster stress in my life much better than before. Even suprise myself sometimes when I don't fall into depression or anxiety while my Wife is verbally beating on me.

I just smile and say nothing. I let her vent. When I vent I do it away from her. In the truck while driving alone or when I take a walk around the Yard (I live on 12.5 acres in the middle of the woods with lots of trails - BIG YARD).

Life is sooooo much better now. I feel like I am regaining control of my sanity bit by bit.

I feel as if I have come down from the Pink Cloud just a bit and I knew this would happen, It did when I detoxed off the booze years ago. Reality is here and now it is time for me to get busy and work on the important things in my life. Not loosing touch with keeping me health and clean. An on going priority ONE.

I am still seeing my Psychologist weekly and my med Doc says he wants to see me in two weeks now. I have a thumbs up from the med doc.

Still on the road out but it is the ROAD OUT this time not the road in.

As Always,
    Peace.
    Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 03-01-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #57
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Baja

Hey, Buddy... I understand exactly what you mean about coming down from the Pink Cloud. And it is not only okay, but a good thing. For me, there was some excitement about the withdrawal and detox and getting better. Struggling through it gave me a kind of passion I had not felt about anything in a long time. Getting better is an exciting thing and it consumes us because it must to achieve.

However, once we do get better, we must work in the mundane reality of everyday life. That was what we were striving for all along, afterall, yes? To find existance in a peaceful, calm life that no longer includes drugs or booze. As the Pink Cloud begins to dissolve, waht is really happening is that we are achieving the goal!

Somewhere on this board, I read about the things with your wife and 'trying too hard." I gotta tell you, I am glad you have recognized this. Baja, sometimes I would read some of your posts and think, 'Man, you are smothering the woman, ease up!" I understand that you want to make amends, I really do, and I think that is admirable. However, I think that the degree to which you were making amends probably made life very out-of-the-ordinary to wife. I know there came a point when my Hubby said to me, "Will you stop with the apologies????" Chuckles

Our emotions are extraordinarily keen as we find our lives restored. I think that in our enthusiasm, we don't stop to remember that as we struggled to detox and all, our thoughts had to be of ourselves to get there. While our partners may have been aware of what was happening with us, their thoughts were not on that to the degree our own were. They had to continue on with life as we fought our private demons. However much they care, they can not fully share what torment we go through to achieve sobriety and therefore can not share our "Pink Cloud" high as we find it.

Look for the balance, Buddy. Strive to reach an even keel. Of course, ocassional flowers, compliments and such are factors in every healthy relationship. Just have to keep it on a level that is real, not forced. You know?

Hey, Baja.. I am not trying to be a marriage counselor here! Just recognizing and sharing some of what occured for me and mine as we walked through all this. Smiles.

Hugs
    reach

Old 03-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #58
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Reach,
    Nice to hear your watching me. I knew you were still there, I could feel it.

I know what you mean. Reality is setting in and I have to remain clean and put on a happy face when ever I'm around her. I'm not going to go into any details about my life unless she asks. I think when I talk about how I'm doing with my recovery and how well I feel it just seems to make things worse with her. I'm just shuttin my mouth and let her come to me when she is ready all the time being nice and happy and listening.

I'm going to tone things down now starting today. I will keep you informed on the results.

I always apreciate your insight Reach. Please Share when you can.

As always,

Peace.
    Baja

Old 03-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #59
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Baja

Buddy, you are one of the most bounding, enthusiastic spirits I have ever met. Chuckles. I am gonna guess that your zest for life is one of the things that attracted your wife to you. Yes?

Don't lose that spirit ever. So, you seperate a bit the enthusiasm for your addiction journey and share that most with others who understand, you know? And with wife, keep high the entusiasm high on the things that work between the two of you in your relationship.

Keep bounding, Baja!

Hugs
    reach

Old 03-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #60
    blindmom1954
    (female)

blindmom1954 HB User

just wanted to let everybody know i am a mother who.s son has been addictated for bout 10 years he,s 28 his drug of choice was lortabs then it escalated to metadone to try and get off lortabs it did,nt work that is the worst drug you can get on he went to jail and had to detox ended up in intensive care in a coma for 3 days finally got out got better i thought then he started the oxy trip that realy got bad started selling them to get one now he is in prison for 3 years been there 4 months said he never felt better hope it works this time blind mom

Closed Thread