It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Custom Wavefront Lasik – 10 days post op – left eye seems to got worse.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #16
    james76n
    (male)

james76n HB User
    Re: Custom Wavefront Lasik – 10 days post op – left eye seems to got worse.

I'll look into the sleeping mask. I like the way my eyes feel when I use the ointment already, so hopefully that will be enuf.

I have stopped using the Systane drops. They seem to make my eyes feel drye. I'm just using the Refresh Celluvisic now, and only use about 5 vials a day.

Thanks for all your support and help. My eyes have been feeling a little bit better. The only time it really gets try is when I'm on the computer a lot or at night time when I'm watching TV. I don't think I blink enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #17
    diptam
    (male)

diptam HB User
    Re: Custom Lasik – I'm 4 day Post Op and having Problems

James,

Dont worry - i'm also in same boat. Did on Feb 29th and the next saturday morning after surgery i was 20/25 very clear but now its hazing out a little after 4 days.

I also had same feelings as some foreign particle or eyelash is on my left eye on 2nd day i.e Sunday Morning. I called up the "emergency no" of the Lasik clinic at 9 AM on Sunday and told him something foreign is stuck on my left eye - he bet that's its not something - its dry eye. I was using "Refresh Plus" every 1 hr - he told me to use 30 minutes and even as frequent as 15 minutes and down to 10 minutes !!!!

He told me to do that and if the foreign particle is still there after few hours call him again for emergency check up - But the issue was gone by 3 PM.

Use "Refresh Plus " - with "No Preservative". They have a big pack with
    10 X 5 = 50 pouches inside. You can use 1 Pouch for 2-3 times , they are good for 2 hrs after opening.

Will write later - have to go for drops. Eyes are burning again

Quote:
    Originally Posted by james76n View Post
    Thanks for your replies. It's a little more comforting knowing that some other people have gone through something similar. You guys must have been really scared as well. I know I was freaked out when I woke up one morning and my vision was blurry.

My eyes didn’t feel dry after the surgery and the person that examined my eyes told me some people don’t experience dry eye and may not need to use drops. I thought I was one of the lucky ones and neglected to use drops. It makes me feel like an idiot that I didn’t know I had dry eye and may have caused my own vision problems.

It's been about 4 days since my vision has changed and about 13 days post op. I've been putting drops in every hour or so for the last 2 days, but I have not seen any improvement in my eye. What's the general period that I may have to wait? Every morning I wake up, hoping for that crisp vision I had a few days after the surgery, but to no avail. I have also noticed that I see shadows with my left eye now…hopefully it will get better. I'm still having doubts that it's dry eye that caused this vision change...

My eyes still don't feel that dry, but I've been using drops. Drops seem to make my eyes more dry after the fact.

Do you guys have any recommendations on what drops to use or if the overnight ointment will help and is good for use after the surgery? Let me know if you have any other recommendations or stories.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #18
    ptmccain
    (male)

ptmccain HB User

Can I share some of my general anxiety on these points?

I had Wavefront LASIK on Saturday. Monovision. Left for close, right for far.

Day after my distance vision was 20/15 and close 20/20.

Today however my close-up eye feels as though there is a film on it. I "feel" it a certain presence of "soemething" .... right eye is fantastic.

But, here's whats' freaking me out. My left eye is definitely blurry and I notice it. My right eye is clearly doing all the work, both near and far. Left eye is not focussing close on print, etc.

Things were perfect yesterday, and now this.

Any thoughts? Advice? Other experiences? I'm kind of freaking out here and have an appt back at at the doc's office this afternoon at 2:45.

It's frustrating and discouraging.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #19
    tanickles
    (male)

tanickles HB User

I am considering having Lasik surgery. I have experienced some dry problems due to computer work and use lubricants regularly. Will Lasik further complicate my problem? Should I dro the idea of having surgery?

Closed Thread