It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• lower back pain before a bowel movement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #16
    happygirl440
    (female)

happygirl440 HB User
    Re: lower back pain before a bowel movement

I asked my PM doctor last week the same question but I also go numb from the waist down right before having to have a BM. My PM Dr had no clue as to why since it does not happen everyday. Mine skipped two days. My MB's are normal. I do not take many meds either. This has just started happening to me 3 weeks ago. My Dr really blew it off. It's good to know I'm not the only one. I do have DDD, spinal stenosis, failed back surgery, 23 herniated disks, a SCS implant, arthritis, myofascial and neuropathy.
    Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
    lfoster21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lfoster21 HB User
    Wink Re: lower back pain before a bowel movement

I don't have any type of constipation, so that is not the case with myself either. I have a minimum of 2 movements a day and no straining. But I do find it interesting that most of us do have the same group of back problems and yet there are multiple Drs. that don't understand what the problem could be. I am thinking for me, it may be that it is a PM Dr. and perhaps if I saw a Rheumy for the arthritis or a neurologist for the nerves, they would have an answer for me.

One of these days, one of us will talk to the right Dr., who will have an answer, and then they will return here to the board to share the insight with the rest of us.

Have a great night all,
    Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lfoster21; 03-07-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:30 AM   #18
    Marywoo
    Veteran
    (female)

Marywoo HB User

Foster, i just wanted to tell you that i went to GP for years complaining about back pain,he never took me serious,a chiro-practer took one look at my back,called me at home from HER cell phone and told me to get my but to philadelphia drs.she said I was a train wreck,so i went to a well knowed reumy and he found severe spinal stenosis of thorasic and cervical spine,nerve root damage bulging disc osteosporosis spondylosis,every time i go back he gives me another disease,Iam due in april,what next? oh yeah i forgot fybomyalga,im sorry I asked LOL.to make a long story short im just saying reumatologists seem to do the most testing.so it was well worth the trip to see him because my GP has finally heard me.been complaing to him since I was 36 years old and now am 48,it kinda burns me. sorry for blabbing I guess im still ****** off it took so long,I was pushing wheel chairs put 4 tons of river rock in my yard had i known my back and spine situation Id like to think i could have saved some of this damage from occuring, but it is what it is. again im SORRY, but please find yourselves good drs that know how to read mris,it could save your back have a great day every one. Marywoo

Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
    lfoster21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lfoster21 HB User
    Wink Re: lower back pain before a bowel movement

Thanks for the insight, I do feel like I would do good to see a Rheumy. I know hat I have Fibro. ostioporosis and arthritis of the spine (along with all the other spine and nerve problesm). Ive just been approved for SSDI, so once my edicare kicks in, I will make an appnt. with one.

I don't know how you are doing all of this and are expecting soon. Wow, I sure wish you the very best.

Lorie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

[QUOTE=lfoster21;3475500]
    Anyway, perhaps we will come up with a similarity amongst ourselves. I have Arthritis of the facet joints, SI joint dysfunction, Stenosis, Sciatica and failed back and failed laminectomy syndromes. Any of this sound familiar?

[/QUOTE]

laminectomy, stenosis, arthritis of facet joints, sciatica, failed back, ddd and I will even throw in there 2 fusions..........

Last edited by ms_west; 03-08-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #21
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

pepper, Do you know why you had a failed back? My Rheumy has already mentioned he don't know if my back problem can be fixed you know the one where my one part has sacralized with the sacrum. Ihave an aunt who knows someone who had it worked on and it worked wondersbut i see so many that have failed and not just this. So how do you make the decision to have something attempted to be fixed? I just know i could live with the nerve damagei think if it is what it is but to still live with pain or possibly even more is daunting. I thinkthe hardest part and i'm sure for everyone is how it ruins your love life. I hate to bein detail but after last night i didn't think i was going to walk today at all. My hubby likes it a certain way and it just doesn't work anymore. Matter of fact i told him i will give in more but we cannot do it this way no more and not to mention i have the hernia so that bothers it also ugh . It takes alot out of one to have your per say careers taken, your self esteem and then your love ways all in one setting. Ones already in pain and then to aggrevate this it's exhausting! One thing i can't undertand is why does thishappen to someone, i mean i worked since i was about 16 and was a very active mom and then one day it hit you and your done no signs of anything and the only thing i can say is it happened after the car accident and then it went down hill and the job maybe i was doing just topped the cake. I really think they should check someone more thouroughly these days for more exstensive birth defects ect. It may be unrealistic but maybe some could benifiet and be told you have a birth defect or ect. andit may bite you in the but later in life, but as i read up on this moster i have they say it doesn't ususually bother one! It gets to me soso bad. Thanks for being here!
    Take care, Love, Melissa

Old 03-09-2009, 06:01 PM   #22
    cookie73
    (female)

cookie73 HB User

Hi all, I have just had a posterior repair done and it is killing me the pain I feel now when I need to go for a bm and during. I remember this also happened when I had hemroidal surgery, and after my son was born, the most severe pain is right at my tailbone it makes it so I cant even stand, my sciatic is also acting up really badly again, I have never had pain this bad in my life I am hoping it doesnt last. So I am assuming it has something to do with everything in that area being moved around. But I still dont understand why it is happening, a heating pad seems to make it worse.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #23
    pennygrace
    (female)

pennygrace HB User
    Post Re: lower back pain before a bowel movement

I just had six injections for arthritis in my facet joints. I still have the pain before bowel elimination. The Dr said he saw no connection between my arthritis and that pain. As soon as my bowels act the pain is relieved to a great degree.

Closed Thread