It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #91
    logalind
    (female)

logalind HB User
    Re: Baja's Journey "THE ROAD OUT" Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Alcohol Addiction

Baja I haven't been on for a couple of days and I missed you. Went to my mom's on Thursday and my daughter had a cheer competition on Friday a national competition they got 7th place in the nation. pretty cool then Sat I had a sinus headache that was killing me so I slept most of the day. Sunday my husband got up and was fed up with my son his drinking not going to school or working so he kicked him out. He has no job no skills and no money. Yes I know this is for the best it will make a man out of him but, as a mom this is killing me. He is my little addict and I know if I was kicked out of the house at 18 I would have gone down hill faster, his parting shot to me was I will never come back I will be homeless first, broke my heart. But I have to give this over to God and pray he will take care of him. If it ain't 1 thing its another. Damn just when I got to a good place all hell has broken loose. I am taking a test for the county on Friday so keep me in your prayers, I need a job bad. Congrats on 31 days that is awesome. Good 4 u sticking up for your self, when I grow up I wanna be just like you. Take care and keep up the good work.

Stay Strong,
    Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #92
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey Lori,

I'm Still here.
    On day 34 now and not looking back.
    I have been skiing all weekend with the family and not near the laptop.
    The weather man is saying warm weather all week here so we wanted to get the last blast here at our home hill which is 5 mins away from my home.

We are going up to Boyne Highlands in Petoski, MI for Crazy Daze this coming weekend!!
    We go every year and have a blast. I enjoy watching the drunks try to ski across freezing cold water and then falling in. They then have to ski back to the lodge and change. Too cold for Baja. I couldn't do it even if I was drunk

I feel great today at day 34. The yawns have all but gone away unless I get sleepy. I have been getting between 6 and 8 hrs of sleep which is excellent for me. I usually never get more than 6hrs but I slept in this weekend with the daylight savings time.

Things have been going really well with the Wife too. She has calmed down quite a bit but still has her moments. The "Moments" and much less severe than before. It took a little while but when I got the attitude that I was willing to leave and do what ever made her happy she changed her tune. I didn't threaten her I just made her aware of the fact that I didn't like to see her hurting and if she thought it would be better without me by her side then I wouldn't fight about it. I had to be very cautious and kind about the whole thing.

It is getting better each day but I can tell you it sure lowered the anxiety levels when I came to terms with it inside myself and then she started treating me better.

I have my entrance exam for college a week from Tuesday. They think I may be able to test out of 5 to 7 classes due to my current experience and knowledge. This would save me some money and also time in the classroom. Wish me luck. I am already studying up on my English Comp. I will have not problems with the math, science and 3 computer classes they require. Cake walk on those.
    My Mom was a English teacher for 35 years so I have a pretty good shot at testing out of those too. I just haven't used the english much in the last few years (25yrs HaHa)

Well I missed you too and the others here!!

I think you did the correct thing for the drinking son. You have my support on that one. My Mom never put up with the Pot and Booze when I was a living at home. My little brother actually got kicked out for using the pot after numerous requests by my Mom to not bring it into the home. He got caught one too many time and she booted him. I am the oldest of three children so I left when I was 15. I didn't get along with my step dad at the time. He was a Cop!! Worse yet, he was the Cheif of Police not just an officer. I had it ruff. A teacher and a cop. I had to get out of there

Your boy will be fine. He needs to learn some lessons and supporting himself will take all his money, what little he will have and most people will choose food and housing and transportation over Dope. At least I did.

I will be here this week but leaving this Friday. I don't think they have internet where we are going but I am taking the laptop just in case so I can check in with you and the others.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers Lori,
    Have a good strong week this week.

As Always,
    Peace.
    Baja

Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #93
    arlingtonaddict
    (female)

arlingtonaddict HB User

Lori,

Maybe you can find some residential drug/alcohol programs for your son? Thus assuring him shelter (or, at least the CHOICE of shelter) without over-riding your husband's decisions? His decision doesn't strike me as 'right' or 'wrong' (of course -- I don't know you or enough details!!) BUT, as someone who struggled at his age, I can attest to the fact that (1) I DID need a kick in the *** but, also, (2) I did need an OPTION.

Jessica

Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #94
    arlingtonaddict
    (female)

arlingtonaddict HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bajaboats View Post
    Hey Lori,

I'm Still here.
    On day 34 now and not looking back.
    I have been skiing all weekend with the family and not near the laptop.
    The weather man is saying warm weather all week here so we wanted to get the last blast here at our home hill which is 5 mins away from my home.

We are going up to Boyne Highlands in Petoski, MI for Crazy Daze this coming weekend!!
    We go every year and have a blast. I enjoy watching the drunks try to ski across freezing cold water and then falling in. They then have to ski back to the lodge and change. Too cold for Baja. I couldn't do it even if I was drunk

I feel great today at day 34. The yawns have all but gone away unless I get sleepy. I have been getting between 6 and 8 hrs of sleep which is excellent for me. I usually never get more than 6hrs but I slept in this weekend with the daylight savings time.

Things have been going really well with the Wife too. She has calmed down quite a bit but still has her moments. The "Moments" and much less severe than before. It took a little while but when I got the attitude that I was willing to leave and do what ever made her happy she changed her tune. I didn't threaten her I just made her aware of the fact that I didn't like to see her hurting and if she thought it would be better without me by her side then I wouldn't fight about it. I had to be very cautious and kind about the whole thing.

It is getting better each day but I can tell you it sure lowered the anxiety levels when I came to terms with it inside myself and then she started treating me better.

I have my entrance exam for college a week from Tuesday. They think I may be able to test out of 5 to 7 classes due to my current experience and knowledge. This would save me some money and also time in the classroom. Wish me luck. I am already studying up on my English Comp. I will have not problems with the math, science and 3 computer classes they require. Cake walk on those.
    My Mom was a English teacher for 35 years so I have a pretty good shot at testing out of those too. I just haven't used the english much in the last few years (25yrs HaHa)

Well I missed you too and the others here!!

I think you did the correct thing for the drinking son. You have my support on that one. My Mom never put up with the Pot and Booze when I was a living at home. My little brother actually got kicked out for using the pot after numerous requests by my Mom to not bring it into the home. He got caught one too many time and she booted him. I am the oldest of three children so I left when I was 15. I didn't get along with my step dad at the time. He was a Cop!! Worse yet, he was the Cheif of Police not just an officer. I had it ruff. A teacher and a cop. I had to get out of there

Your boy will be fine. He needs to learn some lessons and supporting himself will take all his money, what little he will have and most people will choose food and housing and transportation over Dope. At least I did.

I will be here this week but leaving this Friday. I don't think they have internet where we are going but I am taking the laptop just in case so I can check in with you and the others.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers Lori,
    Have a good strong week this week.

As Always,
    Peace.
    Baja
    Baja,

It is ALWAYS a good idea to focus on yourself anyway. I don't know the history (I have tried to read as much as possible but with 93 entries it's a bit hard) but I have noticed that the more we (I) focus on bullying folks to ascribe to my agenda (no matter how well-meaning) it back-fires. I think you've done the AA thing -- if so, you'll recall that most folks say no ammends for 6 - 12 months (one can discuss with Sponsor but can't contact folks). I am SURE it is WAY different with a spouse whom you love and live with but the 'general concept' may be helpful. Jessica

Old 03-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #95
    Laurie434
    (female)

Laurie434 HB User

Hey Baja,
    I am so glad things are on such a positive up-swing for you. Sounds like some great positive changes you are making for yourself. I myself am doing well. I think I am on day 10 now!!!! No pain pills. I am feeling great, sleep is still an issue though. Sigh......Can I ask a question?? What is PAWS? I have never heard the term.
    One thing I can recommend that I got for myself was the book, "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. It is a great book on how to learn way your wife and you speak to each other through the five languages.
    1. Words of Affirmation
    2. Quality Time
    3. Receiving Gifts
    4. Acts of Service
    5. Physical Touch
    I had to read it for pre-maritial counseling. Great book to discover what your language is vs. your wife's love language.
    Anyway just a thought...
    Have a blessed day! You are doing great!
    Sending you a wave!!!
    Laurie

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #96
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

I'm on day 35 and feeling just fine!
    All the signs of W/D's are gone.

PAWS stands for Post Aucte Withdrawal Syndrome. If you do a search for it your can find more info on it. I wouldn't let it bother you but it is good to know if you start to notice some of the symtoms happenig to you. I never experienced PAWS both when I detoxed of booze and this time with the pills. I did a post here asking about it also.

I wouldn't get all worked up about it because some people get it and some don't. Everyone is different.

Hi Lori!!

I did get a couple of books on relationships and comunications with the wife and have learned some pretty good stuff. They are about stopping or preventing the divorce process.

Well I just got home and the kids are getting off the bus so I'll be back later.

Thanks again all.

Peace.
    Baja

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: please read the rules - what you said about them was wrong

Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #97
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey All

On to day 36 today!
    Getting busier and busier each day and productivlely I might add

I feel excellent except I caught a cold and it stinks! My kids always bring the germs home from school so I runs it's course here at our home.

Otherwise I feel back to normal.

Thanks again to all.

As Always,
    Peace.
    Baja

Last edited by bajaboats; 03-12-2008 at 05:54 AM.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #98
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User

I know were you are at with the cold thing. On top of what I am going through the entire house has the stomach flu. GREAT, that is just what i need on top of the same symptoms! that would suck. I hope you feel better.

D

Old 03-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #99
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Thanks Med,
    My head cold is nothing compared to the W/D's I went thru.

I felt like I was trapped in H*LL.

A freind of mine said to me once. "There is a road into H*LL and there is also a road out"

Thanks God I found the road out Bud!!! You too have found the road out. Just buckle up and keep the hammer down!

You be good and hang in there.
    Peace.
    Baja

Old 03-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #100
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey all,
    Just doing my morning check in.

On to day 37 today!
    Feeling great and I have a busy day ahead of me.

I'll check back later this afternoon.

Peace.
    Baja

Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #101
    logalind
    (female)

logalind HB User

Hey baja I am so bummed you are not on here as much. But i am very happy you are on day 37 good for you. i was just feeling sorry for myself thinking when people get better they don't need these boards as much ooohhh how i pray that day comes soon for me.

But this is getting me out of self right now hearing you are doing so well. I am off to a meeting this am. I think I need it. take care and have a great day.

Question I am trying a new way of praying. Trying to give everything up to God and not take it back boy its hard but I'll keep you posted. Before I became addicted I was able to do this no problem but, now my self will has taken over and its hard to do. I am having trouble dealing with just for today too selfwill again. Urgh I hate self will. I feel better now that i put that out there looking forward to your response.

Take care
    May Peace be in all our hearts and soul.
    Lori

Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #102
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey there Lori,

I'm still here. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on how to try to save my marriage currently. It does get hard to get to the board when reading. I can only read in my spare time but I take my books with me everywhere so I can read anytime I have a wait.

I am doing very well.
    I feel great.

You sound like your doing just fine. This is a process and it all takes time.

I'll keep checking in on you and the others.

I'll be visiting and posting to this board for a while.

As Always,
    Peace.
    Baja

Old 03-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #103
    mk7657
    Veteran
    (male)

mk7657 HB User

Hey Baja.

Life is getting busy for you--good. We have a lot of noddin time to catch up to, huh bud? If the wifie gets you too far down, oh Lady Michigan never says no. Give her a call, and she will help you out......smiles, Ha-ha. Just trying to be funny here.

mk

Old 03-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #104
    FullCircle08
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Baja- You seem like such a kind loving person. I think that if its meant to be then your wife will see that and all will be well. You have made it through such a hard ordeal and you are entering the hardest part. Do you have a plan in effect? Meetings, talks, how did you get your pills and did you cut off that source? Could you get them RIGHT NOW if you wanted. Those are the tough post WD crap that slowly causes us to use again.

Think about some of that and get back to me when youget a chance

D

Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #105
    bajaboats
    Veteran
    (male)

bajaboats HB User

Hey D,

I had scripts for my meds (the vicoden from my injuries) and I have "buddies" that would just give pillz to me? Really, One of my buddies just gave me 200 Oxys one time, 40mgs tabs too. He said he didn't want them, He smoked weed and didn't like the way they made him feel so I said sure to the offer. He would always get them in trade for something and just give them away?

I stopped returning his calls and he has stopped calling me but I'm not worried about the relapse now. If I want any chance of making it work with my wife I know I have to be clean. Oxy and Hydro and Booze are the last things on my mind right now. Plus I never want to go thru that beating of W/D's again! That hurt.

I know it all takes time, The healing that is. Is is a bummer to have one more thing to worry about now.

Well the good news is I'm on day 38 and still going strong!!

I'm not looking back for anything.

I am going up north to go Skiing at Boyne Highlands today and I don't think they have internet there. This weekend is called Crazy Daze. I have fun watching all the drunks trying to ski, It is really super funny.

If I can't find a HOT SPOT with internet, I won't be back until Tuesday. I'm taking the laptop just in case so I can check in.

You have a great St. Patricks Day and a great weekend!!

As Always,
    Peace.
    Baja

P.S. I'll check in before I leave too.

Closed Thread