It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• bleached blonde to brown...HELP please!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
    curiousP
    Veteran
    (female)

curiousP HB User
    bleached blonde to brown...HELP please!

Hello everyone,

I have bleached blonde hair and want to dye it a nice medium chestnut brown colour with no red in it...I want gold undertones. Does anyone know of a nice dye that I can purchase that will have it turn out that colour? I really like Laura Lai's hair on Gilmour Girls and Katie Holmes' hair color now...not when she was on Dawson's creek. I need to do this today...Any help would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User
    Re: bleached blonde to brown...HELP please!

I would go to a stylist, especially since your hair is bleached. Every time I try to save money and do it myself it looks awful, whereas most colorists know what you want when you tell them. Might have to spend a bit of money but if it is done right it is worth it. I only color mine about 2 times a year because I get highlights.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
    demo_girl99
    (female)

demo_girl99 HB User

Look up Loreal's webpage (or any hair dye brand) and talk to one of their reps. They are the experts.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Usually with bleach in your hair, using a box color at home will make your hair darker than it appears on the box, so try a shade lighter than you want. Mine just about always turns darker! I'd go for a light natural brown or a medium golden brown. Either type of color should work for you... and remember that if it DOES turn very dark, it usually fades some in the first couple of weeks. Of course going to a salon won't be as risky. My favorite at-home coloring kits are the new Perfect 10 kits, Garnier Nutrisse, and the temporary Natural Instincts.

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 03-07-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
    nailchick2000
    (female)

nailchick2000 HB User

I would go to a professional. I work in a salon (nailtech) and they will charge you much more for a color correction (if you mess it up) than they would to just color it in the first place. If you are really intent on doing it yourself, buy a product called "porosity control" from a beauty supply and apply it before coloring so that your damaged hair doesn't soak up too much color. If I were you, I would start out with a temporary color that washes out in 10 or so shampoos to make sure that you like it. Then use the color number on the box, for example "rb7" to find a permanant color that will match.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
    luvmakeup1000
    (female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

Yes, one of the posters is right, if your hair is bleached it's going to be much darker than the box. If you don't want any red in it, then you shouldn't pick a color that has some red tone in it and chestnut has a slight reddish tone in it. I had light brown hair with blond highlights and dyed it medium auburn. The brown part of my hair looks pretty, like slight reddish brown but the highlighted part not so much. That part came out a little fiery looking red since my highlights were so light. It did tone down after a week of washing and much better now but it's still a little brassy in the highligted area but not bad, I can buy another box of the same color when my roots grow out and go over some of the hightlights again when I redo my roots. Good luck.

Closed Thread