It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

  • Just told I will miscarry

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 03-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
    Skylar_
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Posts: 281
    Skylar_ HB User
    Just told I will miscarry

    My HCG level was a low 18 on Friday and the retest Tuesday was still 18. My doctor said there's a 99% chance I'll miscarry. No bleeding yet so I guess I'm just waiting for it to happen. (Of course I'd love to concentrate on that 1% hope, but that is probably setting myself up for an emotional rollercoaster ride!)

    I'm only 4wk4days pg at this point. Has anyone miscarried this early and how long did you have to wait for it to happen naturally? Thanks, Skylar

    Last edited by Skylar_; 03-25-2008 at 07:18 PM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
    mommyx5
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    mommyx5's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: usa
    Posts: 204
    mommyx5 HB User
    Re: Just told I will miscarry

    With my last pg, at 4 weeks 3 days my hcg was 195, and almost trippled in 2 days.(healthy baby boy). As far as mc, all of mine was incomplete miscarrages. I had to have D&C`s with all. But I would give it a couple weeks and you should be showing signs of it starting. I mc`ed my first that early, but my body couldnt expell the baby, so I had the D&C. My other mc`s were at 9 weeks(ruptured tubual), 18 weeks (twins-twin to twin transfusion), and at 10 weeks(partial molar prgenancy). So I lost 5 babies, and have 5 healthy babies.

    Last edited by mommyx5; 03-26-2008 at 04:50 PM.

     
    Old 03-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
    babyface6802
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    babyface6802's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2008
    Location: Toledo, Oregon, USA
    Posts: 10
    babyface6802 HB User
    Re: Just told I will miscarry

    Well I was 6 weeks PG when I found out that the baby had died... So my doctor explained to me what would happen when I started to miscarry, and told me she would call me in a week to check up on me and see how everything is coming along. So after that week when she called me I told her I had still not passed the baby or had any other symptoms of a mis-carriage so I asked her to recomend me to another doctor for a second oppinion and she gladly did. I got the same results there as well (no heart-beat the baby was deffinetly dead) so she said to give it another week and to call her. So I waited another week and still nothing, so when I called her and told her I still had not passed the baby she said "ok well lets give it a little longer and see what happens, I will be checking in with you every so often to see how things are coming along" well by the time 4 weeks had passed she decided that I needed to have a D&C because my body just wouldn't pass the baby on its own. The soonest I could have it done was 2 weeks after that so we made the appointment for the proceedure. Then exactly 6 weeks after the baby had died I FINALLY passed it on my own (the night before I was scheduled for the D&C) I recomend not letting it go this far (I dont think my doctor should have let me go that far) if in fact it is a miscarriage get the D&C it is so stressful and upsetting to know your baby is dead inside of you... Especially when it is in there for 6 weeks..

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Will my girlfriend miscarry - please help ! marksmith19 Miscarriage & Still Birth 9 11-08-2009 06:14 PM
    what are the chances of having a baby with down syndrome after miscarry a baby with d amy94 Down Syndrome 1 06-10-2008 12:43 PM
    BFP on 3/18, bleeding w/small clots 3/23, miscarry?? lyn1455 Miscarriage & Still Birth 1 03-24-2008 09:23 AM
    Did i just have a miscarriage??? BelleVista Women's Health 5 02-16-2007 02:01 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 AM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!