It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• spironolactone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2003, 11:49 AM   #1
    bella112278

bella112278 HB User
    Smile spironolactone

First I would like to say, Thank You! to everyone on here. The information is priceless! I wanted some input from people taking spironolactone, your dosage, how you take it (time of day, w/ or w/out food, ect.) and how long it took to see results. Also, if anyone has chosen to buy online w/ out a perscription, which site did you choose to use. Positive info or negetive info is welcomed. Thanks again for the strength and wisdom.

[This message has been edited by bella112278 (edited 09-20-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 12:10 PM   #2
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
    i take 100 mgs a day its says take with a small meal if stomach upset occurs u can get it online at #1 drugstore online out of thialand without a perscription.or u can send them ur doctors script.the best buy is the generic i think 41 dollars for 100 ....100mg tabs.i get mine at wal-mart.my skin started clearing up after a week.everyones different.im also taking 2.5 mgs of premerin.i also have to get a smack test every 3 months.these drugs r not to be messed with.spiro can cause blood clots,heart
    attacks,liver damage ect,ect.if u willing to take the risk and know all the possible side effects then go to it.i would take accutane before i took spiro and prem if i were u.it didnt work for me but it has for many people.all 3 r pretty dangerous drugs.personally i have had no side effects and my skin is great!!!!my skins not oily any more either.if ur at the point of killing urself u might want to try it,otherwise these r last resort drugs especillyfor a guy like me.but i have had no breakouts of ane kind in a year.also its not a cure,u have to keep taking it but my pores r much smaller.its just been great.

[This message has been edited by joeh (edited 09-20-2003).]

Old 09-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #3
    daylight568
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daylight568 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by bella112278:
    First I would like to say, Thank You! to everyone on here. The information is priceless! I wanted some input from people taking spironolactone, your dosage, how you take it (time of day, w/ or w/out food, ect.) and how long it took to see results. Also, if anyone has chosen to buy online w/ out a perscription, which site did you choose to use. Positive info or negetive info is welcomed. Thanks again for the strength and wisdom.

[This message has been edited by bella112278 (edited 09-20-2003).]
    I take 100 mg, twice a day,sometimes 3 if I forget that I already took it and sometimes only once if I forget.Sometimes with food and sometimes without.It doesn't seem to matter anymore as the drug does not seem to have much effect on me anymore other than my loss of memory but I really don't mind that.I have some things I need to forget anyway.I buy online without a prescription.

Old 09-20-2003, 02:47 PM   #4
    bella112278

bella112278 HB User
    wow, that just freaked me out. memory loss? okay. well i just got it online. generic form for 40 bux. spironolactone. "spirotone". now, is spiro and aldactone the same thing? i think it is. i was told it had to be taken at the same time each day. i have 100mg tablets. round and orange with a design on it. i know acutane is much more dangerous and has much more extreem side effects but i intend to switch over to palmetto after a while, as recommended. thanks for the insight guys! anyone else?

Old 09-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #5
    bella112278

bella112278 HB User
    Exclamation

Quote:
    Originally posted by dsheldon3:
    I take 100 mg, twice a day,sometimes 3 if I forget that I already took it and sometimes only once if I forget.Sometimes with food and sometimes without.It doesn't seem to matter anymore as the drug does not seem to have much effect on me anymore other than my loss of memory but I really don't mind that.I have some things I need to forget anyway.I buy online without a prescription.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE? DID IT STOP WORKING???????????

Old 09-20-2003, 04:38 PM   #6
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
    bella yea they r the same thing aldactone is the brand name becareful cause it can cause blood clots and liver damage.if u dont go under dr supervision i wont go over 100 mgs a day.if u feel funny or sick from them quit taking them cause they could kill u.im doing great on them and really i feel more like a guy cause im not constantly worring about my face.everybody has different reactions to drugs.and just cause its working for me doesnt mean its going to work for u.i have to get a blood test every 3 months and dont smoke or drink or u realy risking trouble with spiro.its ur life and ur face u can do what u want but spiro and accutane can be dangerous drugs.

Old 09-20-2003, 05:33 PM   #7
    nsyncfan

nsyncfan HB User
    joeh,
    I registered under this name because my other name is banned. I swear every other time I try and post something it doesn't let me. Anyways, I have some questions to ask you and anyone else who knows the answers. I just ordered spiro off the web. I would like to know if this made you break out in the beginning? Also, how much would you recommened starting off with? I think I am going to start with 100mg's a day. Is that to much? Should I take it with food or not? I hope this is going to work for me. Anyone who knows anything can you please share your stories good or bad? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds. Jen

Old 09-20-2003, 05:37 PM   #8
    micheguns
    Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
    i have been on spiro. for about 4 months now. my oil is not as bad as it was, thank goodnes, but i still blot a few times a day. as for dosage, i take 2 100mg pills a day. i take the first with lunch and the second with dinner. these are my biggest meals so i thought that would be better than taking it with my lightest meal, breakfast, or snacks. I also am religious about taking it right before my first bight so i don't forget later. i get the perscription from my endocronologist and she said side effects are very rare. i have not experienced any side effects whatsoever. good luck,
    -M

Old 09-20-2003, 05:48 PM   #9
    nsyncfan

nsyncfan HB User
    M,
    Did it cause you to break out in the beginning? Are you still breaking out? If so, is it a lot better then it was before? How long did it take you to see results? Please answer, thanks.

Old 09-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #10
    U4IA

U4IA HB User
    I take 50 mg/day of Spiro. I originally got it from a derm but now I am being followed by an endocrinologist. I've been taking Spiro for about 2 years. I (like dsheldon) also have memory loss but I don't think mine is related to spiro. I think it is due to my hypothyroidism and made worse by stress.

Three months after starting on Spiro I noticed my skin was much less oily. I have had no side effects. The only real problem that I have which I think is related to Spiro is my hair. I use to have beautiful hair. Not it looks like a brillo pad some days and a haystack other days. This is very sad to me as my hair use to look good even though my face was a disaster.

Old 09-20-2003, 06:32 PM   #11
    nsyncfan

nsyncfan HB User
    U4IA,
    I have the perfect solution to your hair problem. Have you ever heard of a hair straightener? I am really into my hair and make-up so I know all about this stuff. Go to Wal-Mart and get a hair straightener. You can get one for 10 bucks. They are next to the curling irons. You will love the straightener. It makes even the ugliest, frizziest hair look perfect! If you don't want to try that, I use a little comb while I blow dry my hair. Just comb it through your hair and you get almost the same perfect look as you would with the straightener. What kind of shampoo and conditioner are you using? I use Dove Intense Moisture and I love the way it makes my hair look and smell. Well, I wish you beautiful hair, I am sure it is beautiful anyways though. Thanks for your info on spiro. Jen

Old 09-20-2003, 06:47 PM   #12
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User
    these drugs can work totally different with males and females.my md said i could get blood clots and possible liver damage.but im combining it with premerin and it works great but premerin has a lot of side effects.i see on the covers of mags how bad hrt is too u.i think prem is a lot more dangerous than spiro.so far i havnt had any bad side effects at all.

Old 09-21-2003, 09:36 AM   #13
    ~Cansu~

~Cansu~ HB User
    I'm no longer on spironolactone but I used to take 200 mg/day. No doctor prescribed it for me and I was getting it from a pharmacy without any prescription. I never got initial breakouts from it and was on it for 3 years.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:03 PM   #14
    micheguns
    Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
    hey nsyncfan,
    sorry it took long to get back to ya,
    but i don't remember an initial break out from it, though i was always breaking out anyway. i think it slowed my breakouts down and the oil too. i still get breakouts and mine come in the form of cysts. i have one on my cheek right now and it is giving me a lovely mark. i have tons of marks so i am working with microdermabrasion to help those. they have been there for 8 months and they aren't going away. i have had 6 microderms. and while improvement, not clarity. my cheeks are filled with red marks. my aunt thinks it looks like i have a rash most of the time (gee thanks)
    -M

Old 09-21-2003, 06:26 PM   #15
    bella112278

bella112278 HB User
    ok, well i have been on spiro for 4 days now. 100 mg a day. i get really tired and feel a bit fuzzy sometimes but other than that, im cool. today i broke out, so as to whether or not one gets an initial break out, i don't know. i can only assume it hasnt kicked in for me yet. this was not prescribed to me, so i am trying to be careful of it. I am a smoker, but i did not read anything about not smoking while on the drug, when doing research on it. can anyone tell me how long it took for the spiro to start working and if their skin is doing well on it.

Closed Thread