It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• girl hugs my boyfriend, is this overreacting?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
    borabora76
    (female)

borabora76 HB User
    Re: girl hugs my boyfriend, is this overreacting?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mangoes View Post
    yesterday i went out with my boyfriend for his friend's birthday. we went to the few winerys. there was this female there that my boyfriend has been friends with for a long time. i have no problem with them being friends at all. im friendly and vise versa. anyway we took a mini bus to get there as there were about 10 of us going. we were all drinking on the bus but all of a sudden i burped. it was one of those accidental ones and i didnt even realise i did it until this girl goes who burped. before i could answer she is like the person that did that is a feral pig. its so feral and disgusting. my boyfriend started laughing so in a jokingly manner i said it was him. he was laughing and denying it. anyway my boyfriend found out it was me because i said sorry i blamed u, it was just a joke. his friend heard and told the girl it was me. she goes, that is so feral and disgusting and i cant believe you blamed your boyfriend. i said it was a joke and he was cool with it. she goes, im going to go and give him a big hug seen as u blamed him. now would that bother anyone else? it really upset me. the fact that she was having a go at me for something that i didnt do on purpose, it just happened. then she goes and hugs my boyfriend like that. i dont mind her giving him a hug but just the way it happened. its like if we were to have a serious fight, would she run to him and start hugging him? am i just overreacting a little bit?
    This is SO why I have only a few female "friends". She is obviously trying to get a rise out of you. If I were you I'd want to punch her face in...but I think that's against the law. The best way you can deal with this is, swallow the disgust you feel for such a low-life hag, and remember you are a way better person. Move on.

Trust me, she's not running to hug him if you have a fight. She did that to make you angry. Some girls are like that, they get this kick out it. I dislike those women very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #17
    mangoes
    (female)

mangoes HB User

anyway, just an update....

my boyfriend and i spoke on the phone last night and i told him how i felt about this situation, you know the girl saying im feral and all this. he said that everyone would of thought that she was acting weird and stuff. he said she is insecure. in high school, she was never popular and with these guys including my boyfriend, she has been friends with them for about 5 years. she is afraid of losing them as friends. he said she means no harm and she is a caring person. i met her nearly 3 years ago and she does seem nice but she just overreacts a bit. she is single and wants a boyfriend and wants my boyfriends best friend even though she denys it. shes 29 this year so i guess she is worried that she wont find anyone. on top of all this, one of the guys said she was desperate and she started crying. she said to everyone that she is over relationships and over trying to find someone but went on to say she bought a guy she was just seeing a present for $250, so thats when someone said she seemed desperate. my boyfriend said she is like this with everyone so try not to take it as a personal attack against me.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #18
    realguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

realguy HB User

Whether your BF thinks she's annoying or not. Him laughing at the insult directed at you was a red flag from him. Period.
    When she attempted to hug him, he should've mentioned the insult to her instead of accepting the hug.
    You have two issues with this group. She is scared of an outsider coming into the group and he's immature in the way he let's his "friends" treat you.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #19
    mcr285
    Inactive
    (female)

mcr285 HB Usermcr285 HB User

this girl sounds exactly like my best friend from back in the day. putting on an act like she's so happy and secure in her place in the group, but really she's just miserable, lonely and completely insecure. the best way to deal with a situation like the one where she called you a feral pig would be to laugh about it and agree with her. next time say something like, "i know, i'm so gross, right? you should have heard me last night after pizza!" if she see that you aren't going to challenge her or threaten her position, she might calm down and you might actually see that she really isn't a horrible person after all. AND, the people you are with will see that you are a fun, easy going person, who doesn't go for drama, and you'll pretty much cement your place in the group.

Closed Thread