It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Bleeding after intercourse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #1
    Shellbel78
    (female)

Shellbel78 HB User
    Bleeding after intercourse

Hi! For the last year, I've been having abnormal paps. Had a leep back in July. This last pap was abnormal, but not as bad. Lately, after and during sex, I bleed really bad. Dripping and leaving a trail to the bathroom. It's really bright red too. My Dr. didn't seem to want to deal with it. So I am going today for a second opinion. My reg. GYN said it could be from my uterus. Well duh, but why? You would think he would investigate it more, don't you think? I've also been having cramps occasionally after sex and sometimes just happens. It's kind of like a "I've got to poop" cramp, but I don't have to. Anyway, does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
    mandy14
    (female)

mandy14 HB User
    Re: Bleeding after intercourse

Hi, I was just reading through some of your posts, and thought I would respond. I'm not having same problem as you, but have some thoughts, which I think you must too...having posted in this message board.
    I think it is very important to be seeing another dr for another opinion.
    The fact alone that you are bleeding after sex, and in between periods should ring alarm bells to any dr. They should be looking further.
    Also because you have had High grade cells (which i assume was CIN3), should be another reason for them to investigate further.
    I had CIN3 in 2004, had all the expected procedures, and followups. All smears have been clear since. But in saying that, I'm now dealing with VIN, which is the same as CIN but on my vulvar instead. Happens for the same reason as CIN (HPV). Smears do not pick up VIN, so you need to be aware of changes your self, pain, colour or anything different. Plus your Gynae should be experienced in this field too. Treatment is not much fun at all. I've just had the area excised plus more biopsies. (results tomorrow)(lots of stitches)
    Also, if they didn't do a ECC (which an extra scraping of the inner ring of your cervix) they could of missed something.
    I know that I'm probably not much help, but I really think it is very important that you push for more investigation. Follow your gut instinct.
    I wish you all the best, and hope you have a postive outcome. Will be thinking of you.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
    Shellbel78
    (female)

Shellbel78 HB User

Thanks Mandy. I went to the other Dr. yesterday. She said that she's questioning the pathology reports. She seems to think that they are missing something. One of the reports said that there was no ectocervical(outside of the cervix) particles to evaluate. As for the bleeding, she said it could be a number of things. Polyps, infection, not having a period one month and there's a buildup in my uterus. Sooo, she's switching me to a different pill. I'm going back in 3 months and after I should start having reg. periods with this pill. If I'm still bleeding after sex, she'll investigate it further(ultrasound, bloodwork). On my next visit she's going to do a pap/colpo. I kind of like having a female dr. They understand more I guess. :-)

Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
    mandy14
    (female)

mandy14 HB User

Hi, glad you've seen the other Dr and that you feel comfortable. I guess things are done a little different there compared to here in Adelaide. I would of thought you would of had an ultrasound already. I hope the pill does make a difference and thats all there is to it, that would be good news.
    Good luck, and dont forget, push for more investigation if your not happy. You don't want to be spending most of your time wondering and worrying. Better to have all avenues explored if concerned.
    Take care
    Mandy

Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
    koreanruby1972
    (female)

koreanruby1972 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Bleeding after intercourse

Hi,
    This is my first time posting. Back in 2002 I had cervix frozen due to HPV. After I bleed during and after intercourse. All of my paps come back okay. I've been to 4 drs and nobody knows why this is happening. My gyno now is going to do the leep procedure today because she says there can be some broken capillaries there that when touched may cause bleeding. I'm very nervous a bout the whole ordeal and just hope and pray the bleeding stops after this. Please advise if you've had similar problems. I never had the issue until AFTER one dr did cryo to my cervix.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
    mandy14
    (female)

mandy14 HB User

good luck with the procedure today. I didn't have that problem. I had a LLETZ procedure, which seals the cervix as cuts away. As they told me before the procedure, I may smell a burning smell. It was really weird, and did smell. Hopefully they will rectify your bleeding, and that is all there is to it.
    Keep us posted on how everything goes.
    Mandy

Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #7
    koreanruby1972
    (female)

koreanruby1972 HB User

thanks mandy.... the procedure went well. i feel a little weak today but back to work, so guess it went better than expected. we'll see if it works in a couple of months....

Old 05-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
    Shellbel78
    (female)

Shellbel78 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mandy14 View Post
    Hi, glad you've seen the other Dr and that you feel comfortable. I guess things are done a little different there compared to here in Adelaide. I would of thought you would of had an ultrasound already. I hope the pill does make a difference and thats all there is to it, that would be good news.
    Good luck, and dont forget, push for more investigation if your not happy. You don't want to be spending most of your time wondering and worrying. Better to have all avenues explored if concerned.
    Take care
    Mandy
    I'm actually going to the Dr. today. It happened again over the weekend. I'm not convinced really about the pills and I'm going with my gut feeling. They got me in at 3:30 today. At least the nurse sounds a little concerned! Maybe since they know I'm looking for a new Dr., they will do more evasive tests.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
    Shellbel78
    (female)

Shellbel78 HB User
    Exclamation Re: Bleeding after intercourse

Ok...so last night, it was BAD. Clumps and everything. My fiancee had to jump in the shower because it was so bad. I called my Dr. again. Still waiting on a phone call. My fiancee is so mad right now. I am too. He said he's going to call them and they aren't going to like it. This is all ruining our relationship! It's just frustrating!

Closed Thread