It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• four days out - still blurry!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #31
    akoito2008
    (female)

akoito2008 HB User
    Re: four days out - still blurry!!!

Nugeme,thanks a lot for the positive words..I know not all lasik procedures are successful so it's really good to know that most turn out okey..so you had to wait months also before you saw impovement?Coz mine's almost a month now..and it's still the same...clear only when i wake up,then blurred the restof the day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 04:56 AM   #32
    nugeme
    Inactive
    (male)

nugeme HB User

I have deleted my own post because I do not agree with the editing policies on this site.

Last edited by nugeme; 05-02-2008 at 05:11 AM.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #33
    bcb85
    (female)

bcb85 HB User

Hi
    I had lasik nearly a month ago. I had a crease in my distance eye ( I had monovision laser ) but had the lense refloated after 5 days.
    Prior to the refloating I was sure I had done the wrong thing by having laser, thought I had ruined my eye sight through vanity.
    I am pleased to say that my distance vision is a good 60% better than before and my night driving vision is a good 70% better than a month ago. I have not driven at night yet but tested through being a passenger.
    I think it is taking my brain a bit of time to adjust to using one eye for reading and one eye for distance but it seems a lot lot better.
    I may have to have an enhancement on my reading eye because it was lasered to 2 3/4 instead of 2 1/2.
    I will need specs for computer work but I dont mind that and I would be happy to wear glasses for driving.
    I am back to Moorfields eye hosp next week for a followup.
    I hope you all get good improvment, I think you will have to be patient.
    I thought it would be like the people on the t.v, have laser and see straight away but unfortunatly it isnt.
    Just be patient and I am sure all will be ok
    Best wishes
    Jakki

Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #34
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User

i'm wondering how Tguy is doing?
    I had my 1 month checkup, was supposed to be 3 weeks but the weather was bad so had to reschedule.
    I don't think my sight has changed at all since surgery day. I could read the 20/20 line but it's blurry just like the day after surgeryespecially in my left eye, which was worse before surgery anyhow. But this time, the person checking my eyes was more thorough and actually applied correction to my eyes as I viewed the 20/20 line. Looks like I could see it best at .50 .50. But when I saw the actual doctor after my sight exam, he never mentioned anything about this/or if it's regression-he just said my healing looks average. I'm just going to wait it out until I see him next for the 3 month time period...see how things look then.....

Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #35
    tguy
    (male)

tguy HB User

Hey everyone - thanks so much for all the support and advice. I'm a month out now. I wish I could say things were better....vision is still quite blurry except when I put eye drops in. When I put the eye drops in it is perfect for a little bit and then goes back to 20/40 or so....I'm trying to stay positive. Mcr - your story is very encouraging. My eyes do not feel dry, but vision is very blurry apparently because they are dry. I'm starting to freak out less about the blurry vision (as I guess this can always be corrected) and more about my crazy dry eyes (they are this dry with plugs/restasis and tears all the time)....this sounds like it was the experience of others though who ended up with good results?

Old 04-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #36
    bucsfan77
    (male)

bucsfan77 HB User

be patient. it may take awhile to clear up. if your vision is not as good as you want it to be, you may be a candidate for a second lasik procedure.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #37
    aelive
    (male)

aelive HB User

I have the same problems as Tguy, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago, and my vision has not improved since. On day 1, I had 20/30 vision in my right eye and unknown in my left, coz she couldnt figure it out, it was too blurry. they told me i had an inflammation in my left eye so i was taking corticosteroids, and a week later they said that now i have dry eyes and its causing my vision to be blurry. My eyes dont feel dry per se, and i have been putting drops in every 15mins, thinking it would improve my vision. for about 10 sec after putting the drops in, i can see clearly, but it goes back to baseline (very blurry). I am frustrated, coz i have never had dry eyes and I had no idea it can cause such a shift in vision. Will this ever go away?? it seems its not improving at all. im quite deperate now, and regretting my decision to have lasik surgery.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #38
    seta37
    Inactive
    (male)

seta37 HB User

I had PRK, and I had to have the contacts in for nearly 3 weeks... and even after that it took a while for my vision to normalize.

By the time I was done healing it was at 20/15.

Of course, I had to look through 2 week old bandage contacts, so of course it was blurry!

Closed Thread