It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Prayer for Strength

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #31
    shawley
    Inactive
    (male)

shawley HB User
    Re: Prayer for Strength

Hey pepper have you ever had hardware on the side that doesn't ? Maybe the screw ball took it out to early ??? Sure wish you would feel better ..

On the bright side of things , I'm not fused either but my pain isn't as bad as yours . ( right now) thank the LORD.. Praying they get this fixed for you.. Its been long enough huh..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #32
    cherish1
    (female)

cherish1 HB User

If I have the story straight, she did have hardware there and yes the screwball took it out. Out of respect for Pepper, I haven't gone on a long rant about what I think of him.
    3/21/06 - L5-S1 fusion w/o inst.
    12/21/05 - Lam/Disc. L5-S1.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #33
    cherish1
    (female)

cherish1 HB User

But Pepper, I don't know if I have shared that my 2nd surgeon, an orthopedic D.O. was so bad he has been run out of town!!!! So much for my "wiggle nerve". I have met 3 other people who are suffering still at the hands of that *******. In fact, when my hubby was in the hospital in Jan. for gallbladder removal, I recognized one of the nurses and we got to chatting. He said that while that doctor had great bedside manner, he SUCKED in surgery. He said he better shut his mouth quick but that lots of people were damaged by him with his back surgeries. Had to leave town over that.

So, don't beat yourself up too much about using him. We all live and learn, some of us the really hard ways.
    3/21/06 - L5-S1 fusion w/o inst.
    12/21/05 - Lam/Disc. L5-S1.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:13 AM   #34
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Hindsight is 20/20 and yes I believe now that he took my hardware out to early and now everything fell apart. Unfortunately, now I have to suffer the consequences of his actions.

I just found out late yesterday that the NEW surgeon I was supposed to see on Tuesday morning is going out of town and now I won't get the results until 5/23. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeat! Now I get to sit and wonder.

And it gets better, the people from the imaging center for my mylegram want me to stop my muscle relaxant and anti-depressent. Yesterday was my last day and I can't take them until 24 hours after the procedure. My poor family.

Sorry, I will try to be positive.

Last edited by ms_west; 05-09-2008 at 06:14 AM.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #35
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Oh wow, that really stinks!! So sorry you now have to wait again

Did the imagining center tell you why you have to stop the muscle relaxer and anti-depressant? Do those meds somehow interact with something in that test? I am assuming that a myelogram would entail injecting some sort of dye or solution into you? Is that correct? Either way, that really sucks...I know you will probably be hurting pretty badly by stopping them. I know I do when I don't take my relaxer and nerve med. And you certainly don't need that, but thankfully you don't have to permanently stop it, but it will be rough while you do. Please try to hang in there somehow!

Old 05-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #36
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Apparently, they you need you off of them for the test or it will mess with the results.

I can already tell a big difference in the pain levels. We are in for a fun weekend.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #37
    kkmom2
    (female)

kkmom2 HB User

Hi pepper, I am so sorry you are having a hard time right now, especially with the pain and your doctors. I could only imagine how frustrating that can be for you. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #38
    laf761
    (female)

laf761 HB User

Oh DP you really are being tested..I feel for you..Can you perhaps have a glass of wine or sherry to relax a bit..Try to listen tosome soft music...Do you keep a journal..I feel that that helped me a lot...

There are a few good books..
    The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson MD also Love, Medicine & Miracles by Bernie S, Siegel, MD...both recommended by Hospital of Special Surgery in NYC before my surgery...another great book...Something More (can't remember the author..very inspirational...)

Thinking of you...with positive thoughts...

LAF

Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #39
    laf761
    (female)

laf761 HB User

Thinking of you tomorrow and praying for strength...Hope the test goes by quickly and with limited pain...

Old 05-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #40
    ladybuggy02
    Inactive
    (female)

ladybuggy02 HB User

(((pepper)))
    also praying for you
    ladybuggy

Old 05-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #41
    alamo36
    (male)

alamo36 HB User

I was wondering how you were coming along. My neurosurgeon told me, from what he is seeing, that my 4th level nerve was probably dead from having been compressed too long. But, he also said that we would know more in about 11 months.

The long and the short, for now, is that I have about 40-50% use of my left leg. I had been walking over 5 miles a day and lifting weights etc.

Anyway, I was wondering how the emg was, as the neuro is suggesting that? He is also looking down the road at a knee brace, as seen on the pro football players. He said I might be able to walk some what independently with a brace and a cane and not have to use my walker.

Anyone out there with experience with emg's and knee braces with addition of a cane?

DDP, I appreaciate the prayers. I can use all I can get. You will certainly be in mine.

I don't like the thought of not being able to walk long distances or not being able to walk at a really fast pace or not lifting weights even low limits like 50 pounds.

Thanks, again, Alamo36

Old 05-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #42
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

[QUOTE=alamo36;3566540]I was wondering how you were coming along. My neurosurgeon told me, from what he is seeing, that my 4th level nerve was probably dead from having been compressed too long. But, he also said that we would know more in about 11 months.

[COLOR="Red"]Don't give up hope it may come back but I strongly recommend not making the same mistake that I have made. Get a 2nd and 3rd opinions. Do Not put your faith/well being in one doctor. They are just doctors and not perfect.[/COLOR]

The long and the short, for now, is that I have about 40-50% use of my left leg. I had been walking over 5 miles a day and lifting weights etc.

[COLOR="red"]I am impressed that you can do this and applaude you. I can't walk 200 to 400 ft without severe pain.[/COLOR]

Anyway, I was wondering how the emg was, as the neuro is suggesting that? He is also looking down the road at a knee brace, as seen on the pro football players. He said I might be able to walk some what independently with a brace and a cane and not have to use my walker.

[COLOR="red"]Actually, I had a mylegram. They have talked about an EMG but a neurosurgeon and spinal surgeon think this would cause me too much pain and we need to wait another 6 months before considering it.[/COLOR]

Anyone out there with experience with emg's and knee braces with addition of a cane?

DDP, I appreaciate the prayers. I can use all I can get. You will certainly be in mine.

[COLOR="red"]Thank you and I will be praying for you.[/COLOR]

I don't like the thought of not being able to walk long distances or not being able to walk at a really fast pace or not lifting weights even low limits like 50 pounds.

[COLOR="red"]I think none of us like this thought. I dream for the day I can walk on the beach with the children but I don't think it will be happening anytime soon.[/COLOR]
    Thanks, again, Alamo36[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="red"]Hope you feel better soon and you get the answers you need. Take care.[/COLOR]

Last edited by ms_west; 05-12-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #43
    monkey5
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

monkey5 HB User

pepper(((((((((((((((((((((((((((prayers))))))))))))))))))& (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) I hope you get good news! Sorry i have been a mess lately but i'm always thinking of you!
    Love, Monkey

Old 05-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #44
    alamo36
    (male)

alamo36 HB User

I am new at these types of things and get the feeling I may have stepped on some toes, which was not my intent at all. I guess when one is going through pain and loss of bodily function, it becomes rather singularized and one forgets that others are going through the same thing equally as bad or worse.

Anyway, sorry to have been so self involved.

I did get the bad news I was hoping I wouldn't get, which is surgery #5 in the next 6 weeks. But on the other hand, I am getting fitted for a leg brace, which I hope solves some problems.

I do hope you are doing better and saw from another posting that you were going to the doc. I hope that went well for you.

As I said, you have been in my prayers and I can certainly use all I can get to pull me through this next round. It is going to be a dilly.

Alamo 36

Closed Thread