It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Embryo Transfer Update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #46
    lizzie786
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lizzie786 HB User
    Re: Embryo Transfer Update

Dearest Kari, I have just caught up, and it really all sounds good! That is just so exciting that you had 4 blasts to freeze, as well as 2 embies to implant! This has to be the one! Great idea to look at decorating magazines to distract yourself. You mustn't worry about feeling fine (!!!) - you may not get any OHSS symptoms, or symptoms of any kind and still be very very pregnant! I didn't feel a thing and got so upset, but hey, look what happened. Ok, I'm praying for you and those embies. Sending heaps of love. hang in there!
    Lizzie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 07:17 AM   #47
    M77W
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

M77W HB User

Kari Dear, keep hanging in there, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Sending some sticky babydust*******
    Mady

Old 05-14-2008, 05:43 PM   #48
    rubynz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rubynz HB User

Hi Kari

I have been super busy this week and haven't had time to post anything but just wanted to stop by and say hello and let you know that I have been thinking of you. You really have had a great cycle and I just know that you have some exciting times ahead of you. I can't wait for you to graduate to the pregnancy board but I sure will miss you!

Babydust!

Ruby

Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #49
    CBB
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CBB HB User

Hi Kari.

Just popping by to say hello and wish you the best of luck! I know this is the cycle for you - everything seems to be going really smoothly. just to let you know i never had signs of OHSS and you know I have the twins now so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I can't wait to see your BFP post.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:37 AM   #50
    Amy 333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Amy 333 HB User

Kari

How are you holding up?
    It s great that you are trying to keep yourself busy though at the same time i am sure that this is so tough for you.I am so glad that things are going on smoothly and can t wait to cheer and bring out the bouncy guys when you post your good news.

Make sure you take it easy.

Hugs

Amy

Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 AM   #51
    bilodeli
    Veteran
    (female)

bilodeli HB User

KAri - Just stick to keeping busy, time will fly by! Seem like you have plenty going on to keep you busy!! Did I read the post correctly, 3 embies were implanted?
    Lisa

Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #52
    mrsctw1
    (female)

mrsctw1 HB User

Hello my friend! I have been thinking about you soooooo much. I wanted to check on how you are holding up?! I hope you and DH are keeping busy to help this wait go by faster!!
    How are you feeling? I do hope this BFP comes to you with no complications! I just know your little ones are in there to stay and no matter what your 9 months will bring your beautiful family. I just pray its a perfect and healthy 9 months!!!

So As we get closer, I am happy to say, I don't think anything will stop us this time from our first try at IVF. It seems like one thing after another has stopped us in the past but, DH and I have been sitting down and really talking about it. I actually am getting more and more excited and nervous about it as its sooooo close. Well, after the 17 months we have waited..... the next few weeks seem like nothing!

Well, I am still sending lots of prayers for you and your tiny but, fast growing little ones! HUgs!!!!!

Crystal

Old 05-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #53
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

HI Kare-bear!! Where are you hiding, sugarbeat? I just wanted to check on how everything is going. How are you feeling? How is the bloating?
    Don't worry if you're not feeling much worse. I was telling myself that just today... I'm not really feeling anyhting out of the ordinary 2ww stuff. BUT-- you are definitely pg, I KNOW you are! You are going to have a lovely, great start to that big family you want and so deserve!
    I can't wait to hear an update on how you are feeling! xoxoxoxox

***babydust****

Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #54
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Hey Princess!!! Yesterday was my volunteer day, so I was kinda busy. But trust me, time still feels like it is just DRAGGING! I don't know if I can take it much longer! I feel really good, just a bit more tired than normal, especially in the mornings. My bloated belly is even starting to get a bit better. I just wanna know if this worked!!! I seriously have no idea... one minute I'm certain and the next I'm concerned and almost in tears. How are you holding up???

Oh Mrs, I'm so glad nothing will be standing in your way this time! It's a beautiful thing when DH is 100% on board too! Can you believe it's mid-May already??? You will be getting started soon. I can't wait for you! Well I think I'll be doing some scrapbooking today to help time go by. Seriously Wed sounds like forever away!

Hey Lisa, thx for stopping in! Yes, we did transfer three 8-celled embies on day-3. Transferring three embies is nothing new to us, so I wasn't too worried about the risk of trips. Hoping the end result will be a bit different this time!

Hi Amy! How's little Jeremy doing??? I'm trying to hold myself together, but I feel like a desperate wreck right now. I had a dream last nite that I POAS 20 times (and they all came out positive!). This is one of the hardest 2WW's for me yet... it's the first time I've been truly hopeful. I'm terrified of the disappoint that could set in if this doesn't bring BFP.

CBB!!! So good to hear from you!!! Thanks for the encouragement. At this point I'm certain there will be no major OHSS for me, but I'm still praying hard I get pregnant with this cycle. We'll know in 6 days!!! Hope life is starting settle with the twins!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #55
    PrincessSweetNS
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User

Hi Kare-bear!! That's great that you went volunteering! Does that help, even just a little bit? I know SO much what you mean about being up one day and down the next. Yesterday I was having SUCH a bad day that I didn't even think of IF or BFPs. That's why I wasn't online yesterday, I was so negative and pouty I didn't want to bring negative vibes here, not when there are so many of us in 2ww. I didn't even think about cycles or anyhting to do with this yesterday, I refused, knowing I'd only bring bad vibes to it. But, yeah---- like today I'm feeling pretty positive--not swinging from the lights positive, but all right. But yesterday, every little thing broke me down into tears----I was crying in my bed, begging God for help. It's silly, I know, but I feel like, like a sense of desperation with this cycle, liek it's my last shot. But, I'm trying to stay relaxed, even if it means not thinkin about it. It's hard, but I'm really trying. And for the most part I do feel positive. What about you?? Is it 50/50 or most of the time positive?

I know it's gong to work for us Kari. I know it. I mean, when it boils right down to the mud of the water.....why wouldn't it work? I mean, your tests came back perfectly, some better than they have ever been before. And my progesterone was shockingly higher than it has ever been beofre! (Remember how last cycle I htought it was 74? I had misheard. It was actually 17.4) So really....there is no reason that we aren't pg right now!

Are you getting any signs at all? Just curious!

Old 05-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #56
    kjmrfld
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kjmrfld HB User

Kari,

Hey there! How are you holding up? I know, this waiting is so hard. It's really one of the worst things about these cycles. I really am feeling so positive for you (and for Princess!). Are you keeping busy today? I hope you and DH can plan some fun things for the weekend to help pass some of this time too.

Thinking of you!

Love,
    Kel

Old 05-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #57
    TryN2BMommy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TryN2BMommy HB User

Hi Kari,

How are you hanging in there, my friend? I know the wait is so tough! But you are more than halfway there & the day will come sooner than you think. I am praying so hard for you!!!!! I really believe this cycle had to work for you & I hope so much that I am right. Sending you hugs & sticky dust.

Holly

Old 05-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #58
    teach79
    Veteran
    (female)

teach79 HB User

Hey Kari-
    Just checking on ya. I know this is really hard for you, but keep in mind that it will all be worth it once you have your little one/s in you!! Also, I wanted to tell you that there is a couple at my RE's office that is expecting twins and she didn't have any symptoms of OHSS. So, remember that you can still easily be pg. without the OHSS!

I hope you can keep your chin up until your 2ww is over. You have lots of support here!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #59
    mrsctw1
    (female)

mrsctw1 HB User

Kari,

I was just thinking about you again! SO I wanted to remind you (as if you forgot, or haven't been thinking about it! ) that your 2ww is more than half over! You are sooo close to that great day when you get the good news we are all waiting to hear!

So other than just wanting this round to be the one..... and it is what would be the perfect result after your 9 months comes to an end. One little one..... Or twins..... triplets?? All boys, all girls? A couple of each?? lol I always say healthy first and whatever I am meant to have buuuuuuut, I really would love healthy triplets. One boy and 2 girls!! You know, that is if I could write the details of my next year!!! What about you, do you have any thoughts either way???

Crystal

Old 05-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #60
    Kari15
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kari15 HB User

Hmmm, well Mrs, I guess there is a part of me that would love a set, or a pair - as long as they are healthy... just like you said! We've got a pretty big house so I know we've got the room for them. DH's family would all but move in cause DH is their only chance for grandkids, so I know we'd have tons of help. I used to always say that I wanted boys... but going through IF is a very easy way to learn that gender does not matter... just healthy children. I've always had a feeling I'll end up with like 4-5 girls. Nowadays, I'd be perfectly happy with that

April, I love hearing the success stories... and I am reminding myself that most people don't get the bad OHSS so I'm definitely not out of the game. My tummy still looks 6 months pregnant, so I keep telling myself that is all the sign I need!

Holly, it feels so good hearing that my wait is halfway over! I guess at this point it's even more than halfway! Just over 5 days to go... it's almost within reaching distance! Thx for your prayers my friend!

Kelley, thx for your positivity... I'm finally struggling to keep positive, but I'm definitely still hopeful. I have been keeping busy and tomorrow I'm actually babysitting my friends 2 and 4 yr old so I will definitely be busy most of the day! I don't get to babysit that often, so I'm excited, but a tiny nervous cause I'm just not that experienced. I'm pretty close to her kids so it should be fun. Hope you are good my friend!

Hey Princess!!! Well I just spilled all my "signs" to you on I think it was the 2WW thread. So I'm having events that I'd like to call signs but who really knows. Again, more similarities with our cycles, as I'm going back and forth on being positive. Overall though, this is no doubt the most hopeful and positive I have been about any cycle that I can ever remember. So that is a good thing. And you are right (and an angel for pointing it out) that we've BOTH had some tests come back better than EVER! We do have our best shots for SURE with our current cycles!!!

I just wanna thank each and every one of you for your support this cycle. I feel like there's too much love for a BFP not to come out of this one. Five more days, five more days, five more days..... sigh..........

Closed Thread