It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Message Board

• ALS????tongue twitching

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: ALS????tongue twitching

I beg to differ. This is a very real symptom that may be cause by vitamin deficencies, stress, neurological issues. It is not a matter to just pass off as a mental case. That was not necessary to say that. She is seeing a physican and is in good hands. Right there with you Mandy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2008, 03:03 AM   #17
    mary63
    (female)

mary63 HB Usermary63 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandy4060 View Post
    Thanks so much,Im just losing hope with all my symptoms...Plaese pray for me and my family
    You guys are so nice here!!
    Hi again....i know how scared you are.... i have had tingling which started in my feet last nov- now its in my hands too- i am so scared that i am almost in denial and just going about stuff as if its not real. Having an MRI scan in 2 months to diagnose for MS. I had myself in a whchair within days back in nov but still walking around. its wierd how life goes on around you despite this incredible turmoil going on in your own world too. Keep in touch xx

Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #18
    mary63
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drhansen View Post
    Sounds like you need a psychological evaluation. You exhibit classic hypochondria and you need mental help. Sober up.
    I haven't heard of classic hypochondria being exhibited with tongue twitching before?? is there such a thing as classic hypochondria? if there is i think it would be way down at the bottom of the list after every other physical/neuro avenue had been investigated and ruled out. i know how many times MS has been fobbed off as stress, anxiety and depression....and hypochondria....(if only it was).Not sure alcohol was mentioned so sobering up may not be required.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #19
    Mandy4060
    (female)

Mandy4060 HB User

Thanks for those of you that have been "nice".I really hope this turns out not to be,but my symtoms are SO classic.And I cant fnd anything else with the tongue twitching being constant whenI look up my symptoms.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:55 AM   #20
    mary63
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandy4060 View Post
    Thanks for those of you that have been "nice".I really hope this turns out not to be,but my symtoms are SO classic.And I cant fnd anything else with the tongue twitching being constant whenI look up my symptoms.
    HI again Mandy... can't leave you alone!!! i note that another poster said that tongue twitching comes much later in ALS- i have been reading on the net and this is definitely the case...!!! i have also read several posts from others ( on a neurology site) with similar tongue twitching- they were diagnosed with benign fasciculations ( spelling?).... bye for now

Old 05-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #21
    Mandy4060
    (female)

Mandy4060 HB User

Thanks for your support,really!! Thething that I read that scred me was that it can start in the mouth as Bulbar Palsy,twitching,swallowing probs.,or atrophy...my tongue IS rippled a little all the way around.I also have the brisk reflexes,and a problem with my left leg.And to top it off,I noticed yesterday in the mirror,that behind my ankles look completely sunk in,not to mention the consatnt twitching in my feet and calves...What else could this be??I have NEVER been so afraid.All I can think of are my two precious babies,and what they would go through if it is ALS...UGH

Old 05-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #22
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi Mandy! Just wanted to come by tonight and be a support to you. Try not to fear. I know its easier said that done. You are not alone. I just know you will be ok. My twitches are going crazy right now. They had subsided for a couple of weeks to where I didn't notice them. Now I have a twitch in my left temple of left side of my scalp. It is crazy! I had it a couple of months ago. Now its back! Ugh! And my arms and legs are at it again. I can look down at my left bicep and watch it quiver. It is freakish. I pray to God as I go through further testing that is is benign muscle fasiculations. Just like I pray that for you too! God won't let anything bad happen to you with those two precious babies. We just need to go through our testing. My next test in June 10th.

I think I have HUGE underlying stress. We may lose our house do to my job loss. The stress level is high and I just need to get out from underneath all this. I pray God will restore my health. We can't live in fear and under this kind of stess. I will pray for you tonight! You keep us posted sweetie! Thanks!

Last edited by TEdds83; 05-31-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #23
    Mandy4060
    (female)

Mandy4060 HB User

Thanks SO much for being so kind to me!I think yours sounds alot more like stress.Maybe God will help me out of this,he surely has before!!Its strange how someone can make you smile without knowing them,really thanks for your support,and you are in my prayers too!

Last edited by M08; 06-01-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Do not ask for contact info including Myspace. Please re-read the posting rules.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #24
    suzannj
    (female)

suzannj HB User

Hi Mandy,
    Hoping you are still out there somewhere. I came across this thread when searching for 'why is my tongue twitching'. It's been over a year since you posted and I was very much hoping that
    A) You're okay
    B) What your diagnosis ended up being
    Thanks,
    Suzannj

Closed Thread