It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• Iron level at 4 but not anemic? I don't get it.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #16
    mmee
    Veteran
    (female)

mmee HB User
    Re: Iron level at 4 but not anemic? I don't get it.

kw123,
    Thanks for the info. I have muscle spasms, weird nervous system feeling all over the body, right hip pain, muscle twitching, vision distortions, some diarrhea and constipation, ankle pain, spine pain, some headaches, just to name a few.
    My doctor mentioned it as a possiblity the other day but then did not test me for it. I also have intermittent high calcium too, so I am not sure what is coming from what.

I also have cold hands and feet at times.

Do you have symptoms like these?

thanks,
    mmee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #17
    neffie663
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

neffie663 HB User

mme
    i am anemic but all the things you just mentioned tie in with my fibromyalgia not my anemia have they done any tests on you? like mri or a neuro exam? it sounds like something else is going on im glad you got a new dr

Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #18
    kw123
    Veteran
    (female)

kw123 HB User

mmee- I had muscle and joint pain
    fatigue
    twitching
    hip and back aches
    bloodshot eyes
    itching body
    brain fog
    headaches
    cold hand and feet
    sun hurts eyes
    vision feels foggy like i have to blink to clear it
    severe anxiety..... I could go on and on but these are my scary symptoms. I started repliva and b12 shots and feel a lil better but not much. My research says a low ferritin and b12 can make you feel terrible and I do believe it. I am not anemic but feel like I am. I had h. pylori and it did me in. I am trying to recoup now. good luck. Let me know how you are. kw

Last edited by kw123; 05-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #19
    kw123
    Veteran
    (female)

kw123 HB User

mmee- Do you get eyes sensitivity to light? This has been really bad for me. I had a bad day today. I felt nauseated and lightheaded. My feet were also very sweaty. Never had that symptom before. I stopped taking my b12 because my Dr. said since I was at 1200 I could stop. I wonder if this is making me feel worse. What does the Dr. think is wrong with you? Keep me up to date.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #20
    mmee
    Veteran
    (female)

mmee HB User

kw123,
    I have all of those symptoms too. Do you ever get palpitations or do you have a heart arrythmia or anything like that?
    Well, I have been all over for the past 14 1/2 months to doctors. I just recently have developed vomiting and diarrhea and then intermittent constipation. I have had 3 high calcium levels in about 1 1/2 months, so I am looking into that. Have you ever had your calcium and parathyroid hormone checked? I know that that can cause alot of these same symptoms too. I have been posting on a board for parathyroid too called Please Help! Anyone with a parathyroid condition or symptoms. You may want to check that board too, because your symptoms sound alot like those on that board as well as mine.
    I am hoping so bad that I can find an answer to all of this. It has been a nightmare. My doctor mentioned the other day that I may be anemic and have a b12 deficiency but then never tested me.-uhuh So, I don't know.
    Check out that board on here, if you get a chance, and see if you match any of those symptoms on there too.
    I hope that you can be feeling better soon. Has long has this been going on for you? Mine has been 14 1/2 months.
    mmee

Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #21
    FLFLOWERGIRL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmee View Post
    My doctor mentioned the other day that I may be anemic and have a b12 deficiency but then never tested me.-uhuh So, I don't know.
    Go back or call in and ask for a CBC, B-12 and Folate and Ferritin test. If he is thinking something along those lines, you should follow through even if he has not. You may thank yourself for it! FLFLOWERGIRL

Last edited by FLFLOWERGIRL; 05-08-2008 at 06:39 AM.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #22
    kw123
    Veteran
    (female)

kw123 HB User

mmee- I have not heard from you for awhile. Do you have anything new to report? We had similar symptoms and we were both waiting for more info. I go today to Dr. Let me know. kw

Old 05-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #23
    mmee
    Veteran
    (female)

mmee HB User

kw123,
    Hi, I basically just still have the intermittent high calcium. I am going to the endo on June 10th. I also had some thyroid testing done by another physician and I will find out about that on June 5th.
    How are you doing? Have you found out anything more?
    mmee

Old 05-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #24
    kw123
    Veteran
    (female)

kw123 HB User

mmee- I am having more tests done by rheumy and gastrologists. Nothing confirmed yet. I am going to look into parathyroid. If I find out anything I will let you know for sure. It may give you something to research. I have started to see an acupunturist and I think it has helped my joint pain. Weird. My calcium was fine. What does high calcium mean? keep in touch. kw

Old 06-13-2008, 05:44 AM   #25
    peanuts83
    (female)

peanuts83 HB User

It's crazy that there are doctors out there who tell their patients they're ok when their serum ferritin comes back at the lower levels. Anyone who's serum ferritin is below 70ng/dl MUST take iron supplements. Your body will divert iron away from your hair and nails and skin if your serum ferritin is below 70ng/dl. You will not receive the entire benefit of any physical fitness when your iron is below that. Any women who experiences even slightly heavy periods will be in serious trouble below that level. I'm sorry but any doctor out there who tells you anything different is not well educated enough.

Closed Thread