It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User
    Re: addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

Hi Lisa,

It felt good to get it out, didn't it
    I've never confessed to anyone, except for the people on these boards, of my addictive behavior. I have not been able to jump that hurdle and tell someone.

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad right now. Realizing you're an addict is hard and withdrawals - well you know how you feel. I hope the good cry helped. Just try to calm yourself down. Hot bath, cup of hot tea, plop your butt down in the most comfortable place in the house and massage your muscles.

You will feel better soon and kick this addiction. It can be very lonely trying to do this yourself. I hope you get some rest tonight and seek some help in the coming days.

Best wishes,

JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #17
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

I am going to bed now...not real sure when I will be on again...I am so tired and so "sick and tired". I have been hallucinating most of the day from lack of sleep.

I pay to feel this way...my addiction...I hate it.

I have, both, my feet on ice packs...it is the drug trying to come out of my feet...it happens everytime when I do a considerable amount of it. They are so red and burning up and just about every mucles in my body is hurting.

I, did, get some information on a detox center about 20 miles south of my home and I am going to check on that after I rest.

I am, also, going to call my doctor now that this is over.

See you all when I rise...the Lord willing. I have been talking to the Lord alot today.

I will pray for all of you before I sleep.

Love and Support,
    Lisa

Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #18
    kelly1986
    Inactive
    (female)

kelly1986 HB User

lisa honey,
    hold on to us...thats what we are here for..you need a dr. to help you for sure...but cry, cry, cry if you want to...we are here...and 99.9% of us have been where you are my dear...

please let us know what we can do...get tons and tons of rest...your body needs it..and fluids...

let us know how you are...i'm sure we're all thinking of you!!!

love and prayers...kelly

Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #19
    emsmom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

emsmom HB User

Hello Lisa,

Just want to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope today is a bit better for you. I'm around all day, so if you can, let us all know how you're doing.

Thinking of you,
    Love emsmom

Old 07-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #20
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hey Lisa, Im on lunch break and thought Id check in see how you are doing??

Hugs

d

Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #21
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

Good Afternoon My Friends,
    First, I want to say congrats to, reach, for your one year+ of sobriety. I, also, want to thank you for your suggestion concerning the telling my doctor.

dorskin, you are, absolutely, right about the fears that I am feeling right now. My worst fear is the w/d's and the second is the fear of living without my pills.

granny, I am so grateful to have found the board and to have made so many friends that, truely, care and lend so much of their support to me.

To emsmom, you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time. I think of you often.
    I, actually, have been to a rehab center very similar to the one you will be going to. I went back in 2004 for their thirty day program for my addiction to cocaine. I stayed clean for about 30 days.

To dorskin, how caring and supporting of you to take a minute from your lunch break to check in on me. I can't even explain to you how just a "check in" makes me feel so cared about. I have felt nothing but care and support from ALL my new friends on the board.
    A sincere "Thank You" to ALL my Friends!

I felt really rough when I woke up about 2:00 today...nothing new to me thou...I knew I would...I always do after the three or four day thing. How sick is that, to know how you will feel and do it anyway. So Sick Am I.

I am sure you know what I did before I could even think about getting out of the bed.
    I took my pain meds and, well, you know.....now I feel great.
    Such a love/hate relationship.

Last night, before I layed down, the bottoms of my feet where burning like fire and blood red. When I woke up today my feet were swolllen really bad and still somewhat red but once again I knew what was going to happen...it always does. Sick.

Before, I literally passed out last night (actually this morning about 4:00am) I did some reasearch on detox centers in my area and I found one that sounds pretty good but I am still going to do some research on their methods.
    I, too, would really appreciate some input from all of you.
    It is call Accelerated Detoxification Technique (ADT).
    This is what I know thus far about it. It is an out-patient, 3to 4 day, accelerated opiate detox. They use heavy sedation and upon completion of your detox, you go home with a "Naltrexone" implant. I am going to do further reasearch on their site and will let you all know what I find. Like I said, I would really appreciate your knowledge/feedback on this too.

My friends, as you can imagine, I am starving! I am going to fix some dinner and I will be on later.

Love you guys
    Lisa

Old 07-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #22
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hi there Lisa. I thought about doing that rapid detox when I was on day2-3. I was feeling terrible and was looking for a way out. My mom gave me some good advice and I'm just going to throw it out there, see what you think.

She said to not do the rapid detox, but go through it. We learn from our experiences and this will teach you a lot. When I think of using again my mind drifts to the pain, sickness and the runs. NEVER AGAIN I think its a great way to think about drugs and where you head is at the end. If you go to sleep and wake up clean you are left with the mind games. The ease of getting clean might leave you thinking that this is a "manageable" disease and that scares me. Take care of yourself and drink you water.

This is what is helping me in my recovery and is just my opinion. I wonder what others think.

Good luck girl

d

Last edited by dorskin; 07-03-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #23
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Hey Lisa, just checking in to see how you are doing?? Hope you had a great 4th and things are going well.

BIG HUG
    d

Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 AM   #24
    jerry111165a
    Veteran
    (male)

jerry111165a HB User

Lisa, Make sure you research the Rapid/Accellerated Detox...I've heard some negative stuff about it.

jerry.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #25
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

Thanks my friends for checking on me. I am not doing well...out of pills and hurting so bad. damn..I hate this.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #26
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

need someone to talk to.....awful

Old 07-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #27
    rosebuddy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

hi...I am also addicted to percocet, but not at as high of a dose. I am tapering and using the detox plan. I don't think you are going to truly get over this hump til you go into treatment. i don't know what kind you need, but sitting in limbo is hell. I am also an ex-cocaine addict so i know about the staying up for days and wanting to come down but not able to stop doing the coke. Anyway, i am up if you want to talk.
    Rosebuddy

Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #28
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

hi rosebuddy...ty for your reply...I am up and in so much pain...I need help so badly

Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #29
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User

well lisa im on day 1 of quittin perc/oc. its no fun bud. Do you have anyone in real life to stop by and check on ya? help out? if you do dont b scared to tell them thats the only reason im quittin or id be emptying my pockets as i type to buy some more. on a happy note i saw u had a minpin, i have 4 2 black&rust, 1 stag red, and a blue and they know when u feel bad too it sounds ridiculous but i talk to my buddies(dogs) all the time i think they have kept me sane sometimes hehe. i wish you the best and stick with it, it will be well worrth it, god knows noone like to gothrough the dam w/d's but we do it to ourself we can get out

Old 07-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #30
    saylah223
    (female)

saylah223 HB User

Wow!!
    God Bless you. I was just doing a search on google to find out if I had a problem with Percocet. I have never taken it before, I am 49 years old and I have herniated discs in my lower back and neck, with narrowing of the spine. I have been taking them since December of 2007 and I hate taking pills of any kind, so I didn't really think they were doing anything. The most I take now is 1/2 in the morning and maybe 1/2 in the late afternoon. I got scared and thought I was addicted.
    I in my earlier years had a bout with freebasing cocaine. I never knew how addictive that drug was and I thought that the person who told me to try it cared about me. I didn't realize he was addicted to it himself. Wow did that take me down hell's alley. I just thank God that I had my wonderful son in my life, a straight A student who has always excelled and was actually inspiration for me to leave that death trap alone after about 1 1/2 years. Also I had the gift of having a very loving and understanding Grandmother who took care of my son and never stopped loving me even after she found out that I had been on drugs.
    You say you have everything to live for, then start living. Tell your doctor and take responsibility for your actions. I know it may not be easy, but I have a newspaper article that stays right in front of my face everyday as I sit down at my laptop to peruse the world and the headline reads..."With God, all things really are possible". And I am here today to tell you it's true.

Closed Thread