It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board

• Help I am Little worried?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
    cmcaceres
    (female)

cmcaceres HB User
    Help I am Little worried?

I am 42 year old, for the last maybe last couple of years my period have been getting worse. I know a week in advance because I get terrible pain in my lower back, sometimes it run down my leg. I have very large and dark red blood clots, sometimes I can feel when they are coming out. I do not bleed in between periods, I usually get in about every 28-30 days.

Every year I do I PAP test everything is alright. This time I spoke strongly to my DR about an Ultra sound, Which he did send and the found a small mass less than 1mm. I do have two cysts in each ovary. All he told me was to reapeat the iultra sound in 6 weeks.
    I did this time the result say the my uterus is enlarged, thickened endometrum and small amount of fluid in the endocervical canal.
    I have search thru the internet all it keeps bring up is uterine cancer. I do not
    know if that what it is I call his office and he wants to see me for a follow up
    He Can see me until next week. I don't want to jump the gun but I am a little scared. Please tell me if any one know of any other condition it could be Thank for your time

Last edited by cmcaceres; 07-16-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
    BlueDiamond
    (female)

BlueDiamond HB User
    Re: Help I am Little worried?

Hi:

The only way to really tell if you have uterine cancer is to have a uterine biopsy. The doctor you are seeing,.....is he/she your PRIMARY doctor? Or your gynecologist? In any case, I would make an appointment with a gynecologist/oncologist. This is a doctor who specializes in cancer of the female organs. I'm sure they will give you a biopsy.

That being said, since you are not bleeding in between periods, I would think that it is NOT cancer. In your 40's, your body begins to change and periods can become heavier with clots. In fact, it happened to my cousin. She was having heavy periods, alot of cramping, and clots. She was given progesterin (pill) and things got back to normal.

With cancer, you normally would bleed in between periods as well. Since your ultrasound shows a thickened endometrium, I would ask for the biopsy just to put your mind at ease. I truly believe that this should be part of the normal yearly screening in addition to the pap smear. Why the doctors don't do this, I just don't know. Probably insurance reasons.

Please post back and keep us informed.

Hope I've helped alittle bit.

BlueDiamond

Closed Thread