It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Halos Effect.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
    Eijnaix
    (male)

Eijnaix HB User
    Halos Effect.

Hi Guys,

I just my wavefront intralase surgury 4 days ago. Should halo and starburst be eliminated if i chose a custom lasik for my eye ? But how come i'm still experencing halo now after day 4.

Rgd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
    tribbles999
    (female)

tribbles999 HB User
    Re: Halos Effect.

Halos and starbursts will happen for several weeks to months afterward. They almost always clear up over time. Your eyes are healing and adjusting still. Give it time. I had my custom lasik interlace done in late May and I'm still having some halos and starbursts around things at night. I've noticed it's been slowly improving but I don't expect it to go away immediately.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eijnaix View Post
    Hi Guys,

I just my wavefront intralase surgury 4 days ago. Should halo and starburst be eliminated if i chose a custom lasik for my eye ? But how come i'm still experencing halo now after day 4.

Rgd

Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
    yellow10
    (female)

yellow10 HB User

just to let you know, everyone is different. I had my lasik surgery done in January 2007, custom lasik, and now 6 months later, the halos/starbursts are starting to diminish. I had them for months. Not "super" severe but enough to totally notice them at night. My eyes just heal slower then others, but finally they are really going away. The doc said it can take even up to a year for some folks. I'll be going for another followup soon and see what he says. But they ARE much better then they were months ago, by far. I no longer have the nighttime trouble with driving. I still have some effect, but nothing like before. I think I would even wait another 3 months now, before I'd even consider an enhancement on one eye, just to see what happens. So that would be put be at the 9 or 10 month mark-to decide if that is needed. It seems to take a year for most folks eyes to heal completely-at least what my doc said. As everyone heals differently.

Closed Thread