It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Is this a mild case of Schizophrenia???????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
    LKhelpwanted
    (female)

LKhelpwanted HB User
    Unhappy Is this a mild case of Schizophrenia???????

1st off, my dad is a paranoid schizophrenic and my mom was diagnosed with schizophrenia last week!! According to statistics, I have a 35% chance of developing the disorder someday. I'm 16 now, and I'm already stressing out...

Anyway, what I am worried about is:

On one random day when I was in 6th grade, I was taking a shower and I started to daydream...I was daydreaming about being in Gym class and coming in 1st the following day during our 1 mile run.

I daydreamed about it for like 10 mins.

Over the course of the following few months, I started doing this more and more. I started getting really involved in my daydreams. Eventually, by the time I was in 7th grade, I liked to listen to my CD player, go in my room, and imagine myself doing *great things* or things that I wanted to happen for sometimes, hours at a time!!

--don't get me wrong, I had a social life. I had a boyfriend at one point, I went to dances, I hung out with friends on a daily basis outside of school, etc. And the busier I stayed, the less time I spent on my daydreams--

Eventually, my *daydreams* were centered around me doing these things and people asking me questions (normal questions that people would ask during whatever event was going on) and me doing a lot of walking.

By the time I was in 8th grade, I enjoyed sort-of acting these things out. Let me explain: I would go into my room, turn on my cd player and turn out the lights, and would go through my daydreams lip-synching my daydreams and my answers to these questions as well as walking around my room sometimes or pretending I was doing whatever I was doing in my daydream. Of course, I talked too (not outloud--just lip synching).

I know, I know, this sounds freaky as hell, but I really can CONTROL it!!

At ALL times, I know what I am doing isn't really going on. I know that I'm not talking to anyone, I know that NO ONE is talking to me, I know I 'm not really doing anything, and I know I'm really in my room.

I can stop at ANY time, and out of being scared that something was wrong with me, I've even timed myself at various intervals to make sure that I was *sane* and aware of my surroundings at all times. I've also had my parents come in my room a few times and I knew what was going on (they simply thought I was listening to my ipod since I was just standing up and I looked at them) and I was completely coherent.

So, am I in a sense, possibly schizo or am I just WEIRD???

Thanks.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
    tony1527
    (male)

tony1527 HB Usertony1527 HB User
    Re: Is this a mild case of Schizophrenia???????

Your Ok,if Your Parents Werent Schizophenic,you Wouldnt Be Worrying.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
    cinemachick
    Veteran
    (female)

cinemachick HB User

I have schizoaffective disorder, and strangely, I do the same thing: go in my room, turn on my portable cd player, and daydream about doing great things and being great people. Except, I pace while doing so.

I have always associated that with some kind of obsessive thing as opposed to anything having to do with schizophrenia. Or it could be linked to some sort of an anxiety problem. Or, the behavior may not be strange at all

Hope this helps!

And, don't worry yourself to death about might be schizophrenic.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
    tony1527
    (male)

tony1527 HB Usertony1527 HB User

Its Not Weird To Daydream,i Just Dont Understand Why The Acting Out,it Seems Like Alot Of Energy.maybe U Should Be A Actress.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
    MSD607
    Veteran
    (female)

MSD607 HB User

I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of people do that...you just have an active imagination. If you're still concerned, go to a doctor--it couldn't hurt

Closed Thread