It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• took a nap & 1 eye was as blurry as pre-lasik!? help!! r/o

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
    emmes
    (female)

emmes HB User
    took a nap & 1 eye was as blurry as pre-lasik!? help!! r/o

hi everyone,
    i got lasik on 7/23 (less than a week ago). my eyes pre-lasik were pretty bad... my contact lens prescription for my right eye was 6.5 and my left was 7.5

i knew and was informed that my vision would fluctuate at times. my dr. warned me that it would be somewhat blurry at times as my eyes needed time to heal. i got my lasik on weds and my vision was pretty good friday and saturday.

however, yesterday (4 days post lasik), i fell asleep for 30 minutes and when i woke up, my right eye was as blurry (or blurrier) than it was pre-lasik! this is pretty bad since i have bad eyes! though i knew my vision would fluctuate for several months, is this extreme fluctuation normal?? i immediately put drops in my eyes... and just waited. it slowly started to get a bit better. after 20 minutes, i could see again (just not as clear as before). i called my dr's office this morning... and one of his workers informed me that this is normal.

has anyone else had THIS extreme of a fluctuation??! (regressed back to vision pre-lasik for a short amt of time??)

i'm really getting scared... any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
    cristydb
    (female)

cristydb HB User
    Re: took a nap & 1 eye was as blurry as pre-lasik!? help!! r/o

hi-- i had my lasik in june and had the same problem. Sounds like you just had dry eyes. Mine would be extremely dry everytime i woke up. I would put drops in them every 10 min -- usually 3 times. It helped a lot. My eyes were so dry when waking that it was hard to open them (the bright light made it even worse). My vision fluctuated a lot in my left eye and I had "ghosting" (kind of like double vision). My doc said it was because one side of that lens was healing faster than the other and it would correct itself. Im happy to report that i have 20/15 in right eye and 20/20 in left (the one that gave me trouble). Like you I worried about everything and almost regretted having it done. Just give it time to heal and use your drops as much as you need to. My eyes are fine now and no longer need the re wetting drops. I wish you well.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
    marisuela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

it's quite normal, actually. like the previous poster said, sounds like your eyes were dry. use your artificial tears MORE than what you think you should use them. you can go back and read my previous posts for my whole lasik story, it's posted under mcr285. be patient in recovery, it will come in time!!! good luck!

Old 11-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
    smitchell1009
    (female)

smitchell1009 HB User

Hi!

It is such a relief to find someone who has experienced similar difficulties with double vision and blurriness after lasik eye surgery. My right eye has the difficulties like yours. I had epi-lasik surgery on 9/19/08 and my right eye has some really bad days. Has your eyes gotten better now?

Sue
    Two Harbors MN

Closed Thread