It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #31
    g8trgrl15
    Veteran
    (female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
    Re: addicted to Percocet Somebody please help me.

Hi Lisa, my name is Brandi and I'm a recovering addict of pain pills.. Lortab and Methadone. I know the fear and depression and the pain you are feeling.. you NEED TO KEEP POSTING.. your last post was scary.. how are you doing? Let us hear from you. There are quite a few options out there for people like us. Maybe one route you want to look into is Suboxone/Subutex. It saved me.

Let us know how you are!!

g8trgrl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #32
    dorskin
    (male)

dorskin HB User

Lisa,

How we doing today girl?? Checking in and want to make sure you are doing ok

BIG HUGZ

d

Old 07-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #33
    pipdaddy94
    (female)

pipdaddy94 HB User

Ok so take a deep breath, there are alot of people in your shoes! You have taken the first step to recovery by admitting you have a problem. Great!!! Now get out the phone book and call a opiate addiction program. These people in these clinics are very supportive have counseling and can help you kick the habit. Nobody will judge you and it is completely confidential....Smile keep your chin up and make that call some opiate programs Aegis medical systems, Bi valley, BAART, these people can help!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!! Smile everybody makes mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #34
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

Hello to ALL my Caring and Supporting Friends,

I have not posted since July 7th.....I have been going through alot here. I ran out of pills.....I have been on the search and finding a few here and there.....doing them all up and then hurting all over again.
    Finally got my script. for 90 percs and here I go again...such a happy camper now.
    Such a love-hate relationship with the percocets and cocaine.
    The really awful feeling that I have is I want to quit/don't want to quit feeling. I think what will I do without my drugs??? Such a sick feeling in my gut.
    I live alone, well with my best friend, my min pin.
    I don't have any friends, by choice, and I would not dare tell my family.....they have already been through this with me one time and my parents are in their 80's and they don't need this s--t from me. I would never ever want my children to know either.
    This is so bad.....I actually enjoy doing what I do and that is the scary part. I am not so sure I even want to stop. I am really a sad and sick person.

Gotta run...will post back to all that have replied with support real soon.

Love you guys,
    Lisa xoxoxo

Old 07-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #35
    rosebuddy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

When you are ready to quit, you will and not before. You are doing what addicts do naturally--using. I'm here for you if you decide you're ready. Don't ever feel hopeless. You CAN quit no matter how many pills you have left. I have a bottle of 40 right now and i am on day 2 of detox. I hope you get clean. If I can, you can too.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #36
    kelly378
    (female)

kelly378 HB User

HI Lisa! I just want to say how lucky I think you are for finding this board prior to choosing to quit. Just watching the others in here post the withdrawals, and what they have done to help get through it, may be a big help for you when you choose to say "I'm done".

Even though you think people don't know, I would probably bet they have some idea that you are different now then how you were in the past (prior to using Perc).

I am on Day 4 of my W/D, and though I say I'm done with Lortabs, its no guarantee. I totally understand your love hate relationship. Opiates are a fabulous killer of pain... Physically and Emotionally.

Feel free to contact me anytime if you need an online friend!

Good luck on your journey.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #37
    lisa731
    (female)

lisa731 HB User

Hello to ALL that have shown their Care and Support for me.
    I have not posted for quite awhile due to my, out of control, active addiction. I am worse and sick than ever.
    I am, definitly, not in a sane state of mind as of this posting.
    How attractive am I?
    I have been up since Thursday (other than passing out in the computer chair for how long? I don't even know.
    Since Thursday I have experienced all of the following.
    I have woke up in the computer chair with stem in hand and stuff all over the table and floor and continued on.
    I have woke up in the bed with everything laying right beside me and continued on.
    My baby, Min Pin, even woke me up when I dosed off in the chair...and once again...I continue on. What???
    I don't know what day or time it is unless I look at the corner of my computer.
    I have started to halucinate...I know this is from lack of sleep...been here before.
    I have not answered my phone in 4 days.
    Now let's throw in the rest of my sick addictions...percocets...wine...xanax and anything else I can do.
    I sit here thinking about how much I should seek help and in the same thought calling for delivery.
    I, also, wonder why am I doing this.

Pray for me
    Love you guys,
    Theresa

Old 08-11-2008, 05:12 AM   #38
    ashamed101
    (female)

ashamed101 HB User

Lisa,

I'm not going to write my story because I don't want you to take the time to read it. You need help NOW! Please, please, please!!! If you can't drive yourself to ER (and it sounds like you can't) call for an ambulance.

Please! You are in desperate need for professional medical treatment. I cry for so many of you but you have really tugged at my heart. You CAN beat this with professional help. Thousands of others have, you WILL, too. You have so much to live for...my gosh...your grandchildren! I, too, am a grama and this is why I'm cleaning up my act. I want to live to see her grow up!

Turn off your computer. Get help now. I don't want you to become another statistic. Please, Lisa. I'm sure many others would agree with me.

We're all behind you!

Love, hugs, prayers and blessings.
    A~

Old 08-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #39
    ashamed101
    (female)

ashamed101 HB User

Worrying about you. Please post back and let us know how you're doing.

A~

Old 08-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #40
    Mecan
    (male)

Mecan HB User

Hey lisa i hope you are around to read this and please listen to what ashamed has told you! Im hurting for you and your minpin(i had 4 of them now got a 5th ) and i know how loving they are. You gotta get right, your baby would love to see you sober, able to give him/her a walk everyday and all that good stuff. i hadn't walked my guys for most of the time i was high and now that im sober i walk them all everyday and they LOVE it i think they know i have changed too.
    I was just looking at all the posts i had when i was trying and successfully quitting and saw that last post of yours, its scary.

Please Lisa let us know whats going on i fear the worst.
    Praying for ya, Mec

Old 08-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #41
    groovycindy
    (female)

groovycindy HB User

Lisa-

I have been an alcoholic since age 18 - I am 51.I have a loving husband, 2 grown daughters, and a lot of people who love me.I have always been very responsible, a model employee, etc. I have tried the past year to quit - AA, herbal remedies, etc. I was sober for 2 weeks, then drank too much and got my first DUI.I finally decided to admit my addiction and told my parents, my close friends, my boss and the women in my Bible Study class at church what was going on.I was shocked at the love and support I received from everyone! It made it so much easier - you see, I was highly functining and people were shocked that I had any problems.I went to court and was sentenced to 4 days in the county jail. It was the worst 4 days of my life, but the best 4 days of my life because it saved my life. I have been sober for 28 days - may not seem like much, but it is the longest I have been sober for 3o years.It feels great to be able to remember what I actually did the night before, not to worry about someone finding my stash of booze, and not to have my husband angry with me for getting drunk. Once you get past the thought that you are not using again, your life will change drastically. But only when YOU decide to change will that change take place. I will hold you in my prayers and have my Bible Study class pray for you. I read a quote by Georg Elliott that siad " It is never too late to be who you might have been". I am going to go back to school .

Last edited by mod-anon; 08-19-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: edited profession

Old 08-20-2008, 05:01 AM   #42
    ashamed101
    (female)

ashamed101 HB User

Lisa,

As Mecan said, I, too, fear the worst. I'm usually a positive person but you're last post terrified me and I've been checking in daily to see if you're OK. I don't like that you haven't written...it scares me.

I hope you know how much support you have here. Please write back, even if a short note, if you are able. We would all like to know how you're doing and want to try and help in any way we can. Words are powerful, friends are powerful...faith is powerful. You CAN beat this with treatment!

God be with you. Many, many prayers and hugs coming your way.

A~

Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #43
    lizs
    (female)

lizs HB User

hi. I have 152 days clean from nearly 22 years which is half my life addicted to opiates and benzo's. While my bottom was not anything like I had heard about from others , I just woke up one day tired of feeling sick and tired. What started out ad treatment for anxiety and migraines, turned into a dollar coaster of vicodan, percodan, ultram,fioricet,Xanax,klonopin,Ativan,co deine cough medicine, and mixtures of the above. I went into rehab in march, originally to detox from the benzo'd as I detoxed myself off the opiates. Then I decided I needed the 28 days. It changed my life, and while it is much harder than I thought, it is worth it. I am on vacation in Paris at the moment, and woke up with a migraine yesterday. The chemist wanted so badly to push codeine on me, I finally got her to give me aspirin with caffeine, and it worked. I then goigled non opiate pain medecine, and wound up here. There are so few alternatives to opiates! Toradol is terrible for you I am told. It works, but can lead to renal failureand can sometimes mimic opiates in causing the trigger. What seems to work for me has been advil, Tylenol 2 and 2 for a severe pain, or zomig if I catch the migraine in time. I recently started taking topomax which is supposed to prevent migraines, so well see........ I go to meetings not daily but at least 2 x a week. I have 2 friends from rehab whom I speak with everyday, and we keep each other sober.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:07 PM   #44
    fiesty2
    (female)

fiesty2 HB User

lizs, I to am a grandmother and have done hydros for years and have took as many as 10 a day I am wd right now and have maybe 2 left i have broke them in half so I do know how you feel. Right now I am shaking and my heart is racing and I feel like the lowest human in the world. I have no advice for you but want you to know I really care and pray for you and like you I wonder how i can stand this. You are not alone and you sound like I do because I have alot to live for. We will do this and maybe if you tell your Dr he will maybe put you on a taper plan. Please hang in there, you are in my prayers and keep me in yours LOL fiesty

Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #45
    ashamed101
    (female)

ashamed101 HB User

Lisa,

Please write us a quick note to let us know how you're doing. I think of you daily!!

Angel hugs,

Closed Thread