It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Here We Go Again...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
    CyberNick
    Veteran
    (male)

CyberNick HB User
    Here We Go Again...

I used to take Paxil for my generalized anxiety that was so debilitating that I couldn't function. Constant muscle tension and aches, inability to focus/concentrate, lightheadedness, chest tightness, unable to think about anything but my anxiety and symptoms, and jaw clenching/soreness from tooth grinding were my main problems. I weaned myself off Paxil after feeling pretty much 80% better and have been okay for a few years. I couldn't hanlde the side effects anymore anyways (emotional dullness, sexual side effects).

Soon after starting a new area of my job that I have to take over while a woman is on maternity leave, I gradually started having the same symptoms as I used to. This is a job where I do the same boring thing every day, sitting and staring at a computer for basically 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I'm now having the same problems (especially jaw clenching/soreness, neck/shoulder stiffness, inability to focus, constant dull tension headaches and lightheadedness). I don't even want to go to work anymore and dread it every morning. I have to do this for another month or so (I've been here for two). I've also had a bunch of other things happen lately that been stressing me out (best friends wedding, speeding ticket, having to buy a new phone after the other one broke, etc.)

My doctor gave me some 10mg Lexapro samples that will last me for a month, as he wants me to get blood work done. I am mainly worried about my symptoms getting worse before they get better, as I don't know if I can take even more symptoms than this. How long will it take most likely for the Lexapro to start relieving some of these symptoms? I know its different for everyone, but I guess I'm looking for a ballpark estimate. Also, I freak out sometimes that there's no way anxiety could cause all of these physical symptoms. I sometimes feel like I have some debilitating disease that just isn't being found or something. Can anxiety cause so many physical things to happen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
    chis
    (female)

chis HB User
    Re: Here We Go Again...

I feel your pain. If you read my post under yours (anyone else) I also suffer from the mucle tension. Looking forward to my daughters wedding and my stomach was so tight and I was so spacy from it that it was torture. Please write on how you do on the Lexapro. As I wrote I was on low dose of Paxil for years and about 2 years ago the anxiety started again but just different symptoms. Mine also started when I took another job after being laid off that was boring. I would throw up every morning before going in. Lucikly the owner hired too many people and others there complained about not getting enough overtime so all three of us were laid off. I couldn't find another job so am now on unemployment. Can't go to work anyway with how I'm feeling. Also I'm in perimenopause so maybe that's why the anxiety started again. I suffered long enough and going to doctors this week to ask how to wean of the paxil or if I can just start the lexapro. I hope another SSri helps again. Raised my dose of the Paxil for a few months but it did not work like the starting dose years ago.
    Please let me know how your doing on the Lexapro.

Closed Thread