It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board

• exercise to slim down my inner thighs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
    bettye 54
    (female)

bettye 54 HB User
    exercise to slim down my inner thighs

what exercises can I do to slim down my inner thighs?

<<<please use complete sentences>>>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
    Nicole74
    (female)

Nicole74 HB UserNicole74 HB User
    Re: exercise to slim down my inner thighs

I've recently noticed a huge difference in my hips, buttocks and thighs from doing walking lunges. I started out with 30 lunges and I've worked myself up to do 60 walking lunges every other day. I've been doing them faithfully for about 6 months now.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
    lucylucy
    Veteran
    (female)

lucylucy HB User

Most aerobic exercises will help burn the fat, and many will help work the thigh muscles. Cycling, walking, step class, stairclimbers, etc.

The Adductor/abductor machine is probably the best for this: One direction works the inner thighs, the other direction works the outer thighs. (Working the outer thigh is also important for knee stability.)

Ball presses and bridges: Lay on your back, knees bent, put a ball (playground size or smaller) between your knees, and squeeze. Then keeping feet on the floor, raise your butt so you form a bridge.

Suzanne Somer's Thighmaster (if you're old enough to remember it) works the same muscles as the adductor machine and ball presses.)

Do other leg exercises too to keep a good balance and work the whole thigh. Squats, lunges, leg press machine, hamstring machine, etc.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree with both posters! Running keeps my legs fit, but I also do lots of lunges to keep them firm and add lean muscle. I prefer using the treadmill to elliptical, because I tend to bulk up easily with too much resistance, and since I used to use the elliptical for years, using lots of resistance is the only way to make it challening for me. I also love the machines lucylucy mentioned... the one that works your inner thighs works great! It's one of my favorites to use at the gym.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
    Etherial2
    (female)

Etherial2 HB User

Without any equipment, sit on the floor in front of a chair while holding abs in tight, place your foot on each chair leg and gently squeeze and hold (pulse, too) for a total count of 100. Do this 3x a week and you should see the jiggles on your inner thighs start to dissappear after 10 workouts. Keep going and good luck!

Closed Thread