It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Makeup that is ok for acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2003, 12:17 PM   #16
    colleenredmond

colleenredmond HB User
    dermablend covers but makes you break out, vicous cycle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 12:22 PM   #17
    jagdm27
    Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
    Lionna where did you find the Laura Mercier?

Collenredmond you didn't like the Dermablend? Did you break out from it?

Old 10-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #18
    mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
    I haven't used the Mercier long enough to know if it breaks me out. I just got it. It's good coverage but I haven't tried the Iredele to know if it's better. The Mercier people are very good about letting you try it at the counter. Make them take off your old make up first though. Re-touch-ups always look pretty bad on my skin. You get it at department stores like Saks Fifth Avenue. (Warning, the employees are kind of snobbie.) Look on the Internet for your closest one.

I really want to check out the Iredele stuff.

Dermablend covers like crazy but, suspiciously, I wore it all night (don't ask!) a couple of times last month, and I broke out a lot last month. Hmmmm....

I will have to pull an all nighter again to test the Mercier. )

[This message has been edited by mmmelicious (edited 10-02-2003).]

Old 10-02-2003, 01:48 PM   #19
    jagdm27
    Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
    Yeah pull an all nighter and let me know!! LOL!!

I think I may look into the Mercier and see. How is the texture? Liquidy or thick? Do you think Nordstroms would carry that?

Old 10-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #20
    micheguns
    Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
    what about MAC studio fix?

Old 10-02-2003, 03:14 PM   #21
    mmmelicious

mmmelicious HB User
    I wore this stuff for 2 years. It's not great coverage so you will definitely need a good spot concealer. But I trust it not to make my current zits worse better than the cream foundations. It also doesn't sit well on dry spots and under the eyes.

I like how it looks after a couple of hours when I would normally get oily with others. It turns into that dewy finish that a lot of make-ups are trying create these days.

It is also fast.

Old 10-05-2003, 05:12 AM   #22
    VoodooQueen
    (female)

VoodooQueen HB User
    Angry

Does anybody have any suggestions on makeup for dark (black) skin? I go through the frustration of messing up m skin everytime cuz the only colors i am able to find is black opal, and i think i'm actually allergic to that crap. Clinic and Iman doesn't do me any good either. Grrrr...!!!! Once i got fed up with all the meds and treatments, i figured i would just give up and cover everything up, but now i realized that i can't even do that!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VoodooQueen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #23
    Sweetie1

Sweetie1 HB User
    Prescriptives Oil-Free Foundation, they find your exact match, too. About $32 but worth every penny!

Old 10-05-2003, 10:58 AM   #24
    sheabuttah03

sheabuttah03 HB User
    Smile

Quote:
    Originally posted by micheguns:
    what about MAC studio fix?
    M.A.C. studio Fix is the best besides Neutrogena skin clearing makeup. I on't have a whole bunch of acne zits so all I need is a little coverage for a flawless finish. I use my Neutrogena makeup daily & I use MAC on special occasions because it's pretyy expensive (for me).

Old 10-05-2003, 11:03 AM   #25
    sheabuttah03

sheabuttah03 HB User
    Question

Quote:
    Originally posted by colleenredmond:
    Neutrogena-
    Skin clearing foundation, powder and compact foundation- Powder it's ok but afraid to use it cause it does have BHA .5% in it. Does dry out skin but for some that can be ok. Compact foundation is ok but don't like the coverage. For the price it's ok.

HUH? This stuff works awesome! I mean how "made up" do you want to look? This makeup gives me such a natural finish and IMO it covers well and keeps my zits cleared.

I think the key to keeping your skin clear, if you wear makeup on the daily, is to wash your makeup off at night with a makeup removing cleanser, then follow up with your daily cleanser/exfoliate.

Old 10-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #26
    Maricel

Maricel HB User
    For anyone who has had luck using Laura Mercier or Jane Iredale makeup, do any of you have oily/combination skin with cystic acne, white heads, and red marks like me? I've always had a hard time finding the right foundation for my problematic skin. I've been using L'Oreal Ideal Balance and Maybelline Express Makeup. They aren't the cause of my breakouts, but the products are just ok. The Ideal Balance foundation doesn't have enough coverage and Express Makeup doesn't blend well on my skin to look natural. Anyone have any inexpensive suggestions?

Old 10-08-2003, 09:33 AM   #27
    gavman
    (female)

gavman HB User
    Smile

Maricel,
    Have you ever tried or heard of Illuminare Ultimate All Day Foundation/Concealer? I have Jane Iredale Pressed powder (pressed is supposed to be more matte and better for oily skin) foundation as well but have found the coverage is not as good as with Illuminare. It comes in a tube and seems really thick. I thought it was going to be hard to apply and blend but it really isn't. Also, you only need a small amount because a little goes a long way. It is easy to over do it at first because you need so little. I bought a sample size tube to try, it's a very small tube about
    1 1/2 inches long. I've been using it for about two weeks and still have a little product left. The full size tube is $20. Very reasonable for as long as I think it will last. You can order it from their web site Illuminarecosmetics, if you want to look into this. Oh, and it's the best I have found for oily skin although I do still need to blot during the day. I can't seem to get away from that. But even with all the blotting, the foundation stays put.

Closed Thread