It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• bleeding implantation after IVF or misscarige?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
    bety
    (female)

bety HB User
    bleeding implantation after IVF or misscarige?

hello! please could you help me?

I am in day 10 from ET. From day 8 untill today I have a little bleeding. today I have made a test home and it is negativ....
    :-(((

how do you think? can this bleeding to be a sign for misscarige?
    i will make beta friday.

thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
    RwL
    (female)

RwL HB User
    Re: bleeding implantation after IVF or misscarige?

Hi Bety,

Th ebleeding could be several things. First off is the blood bright red or dark brownish red? New blood, or fresh blood, is bright red and is more of a problemactic sign whereas brownisg blood, old blood, is not nearly as much of a big deal. Is it a lot of blood or just spotting?

Asuming that this is brownish blood, old blood, this could be implantation bleeding. I realize that you took an HPT (home pregnancy test) however they are not 100% accurate. Only the beta will confirm whether or not you are pregnant. If the blood is bright red this could be your menstrual cycle or some other medical issue. If the bleeding increases you should call your doctor and let them know so that they can check you out.

Good Luck!

Jessica

Old 10-14-2008, 05:59 AM   #3
    bety
    (female)

bety HB User

thank you Jessica .

so, the blood is just spotting, but very tryingly.

the color of blood? uuuuff....now is bright red, than is dark brownish red...,
    I am very confused.

If the blooding dont spops, I will go to the doctor. I understand that the iimplantation bleeding is just for 1 day...not for 2-3 days...

Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
    RwL
    (female)

RwL HB User

Bety,

Generally, implantation bleeding is very light spotting, dark brownish red, and usually only lasts for up to 48 hours. Obviously every on is slightly different so they can have longer spotting, brighter spotting, etc.

With my first IVF cycle I ended up with an ectopic pregnancy. I started spotting brownish red and it wouldn't stop. It then became bright red blood, sometimes light and sometimes heavy. I thought all of this was from implantation but then it wouldn't stop, it was getting heavier and brighter red. Anyway...it turned out the blood was because the embrio was burrowing near blood vessels in my fallopian tube and some other things (too long to go into).

I'm not saying that you're bleeding is definately an ectopic....not at all. Give it one more day to see if it stops. In the mean time you should definately call your doctor to let them know what's going on. Maybe they will move up the beta?

Jessica

Old 11-19-2008, 03:29 AM   #5
    mima30
    (female)

mima30 HB User

HI RWL
    i have some questions for you:
    - i had a first IVF and it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy (for no reason as i was checked for all immunity issues and did an HSG before IVF and all was clear). now am planing to repeat another round and am scared of having it repeated. did you do IVF #2? and if so what was the result? did your DR tell you why it happened to you? and what are the risks of having it repeated next time?
    how did you remove the ectopic? were you operated or it was just methotrexat
    thanks

Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
    RwL
    (female)

RwL HB User

Hi Mima,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back, life got busy. And I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic. To answer your questions...my understanding of ectopic pregnancies is that if there is a family histroy of it then you are more likely to have an ectopic. If you have had one ectopic the chances of having a second do increase. I'm not sure/can't remember by how much.

Unfortunately, in my situation I already was down one fallopian tube due to ovarian cancer. So when the ectopic was discovered it was in the only remaining tube. We tired to stop the pregnancy using methatraxate (probably spelled that wrong) however it just didn't work and that was after taking two shots about one week apart. I ended up having emergency surgery to remove it and the whole tube had to go. So now I am down two tubes and one ovary.

We did a FET embryo transfer a few months after suregery and it didn't work. This past summer we did a fresh cycle that was very promising and that didn't work, no frozen embies from that cycle. We are going to begin stimming for our third fresh cycle this weekend.

Good luck, I hope I answered your questions.

Jessica

Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
    mima30
    (female)

mima30 HB User

hi Jessica
    thanks for your reply
    i wish u all the best for your new cycle and hope this time will be the time.
    i will be doing another cycle on the 22nd of december.
    i am undergoing IVF because my husband is azoospermic, as for me all is fine and i dont know till the moment why the ectopic happened to me since noone in the familly ever had it and i am free from all things that might cause it... i guess it is just bad luck
    update me with how u IVF will go this time
    best of luck

Closed Thread