It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• aprozalam and vicodin withdrawls

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
    ambie1
    (female)

ambie1 HB User
    aprozalam and vicodin withdrawls

hi I am 23 years old I have a problem I started taking aprozalam and vicodion. I was on the viodion for about 1 year on and off. I started to realize I was getting addicted and was taking higher and more dossages of it. I stoped taking vicdion on monday. I am having terrible withdrawls.
    with the aprozalam I kinda did a fast tapper, I was taking 2 mg a day some times 2 of them so 4 mgs a day. and my dr told me she would not proscribe them to me I have only been on the aprzalam for 3 months. so I decided to take her advice so she lowered my dossages down to half of a 1 mg pill every 12 hours if needed. for 2 weeks well I decided that I just wanted to do a faster taper so I took did a taper for 5 days and stopped for 3 days and thought that I was gonna die this morning and took a hole one, I had a full blown panic attack and I haven't slept in a week . it really didn't help me all that much. I am wondering if I most likely am getting sick form the vicodion withdrawls or the xananx ? Can I take benadryly to sleep? Please help? should I keep taking the rest of the every 12 hours or should I just stop I did go 3 days without it?
    thank you, ambie1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
    Re: aprozalam and vicodin withdrawls

Hi Ambie

I also tapered from both an opiate and a benzo. The first week my family doctor tried bringing me down in dose on both and it was horrific! I went into full blown withdrawal. We consulted with a psychiatrist and between and the psychiatrist satated that it was not good to taper both at once as they worked on two different systems in the brain and was too much to handle tapering both. So my family doctor and I revised the plan and I came off the opaite (oxycodne) first. After a short break, I then began the taper from the benzo ( Xanax). O also tapered over a long period of time... 10 months before I finished. Even with that, there were times it was difficult.

Honey, I would go back to your doctor and let her know that this is just too rough, especially if you are not able to function at least somewhat normally. See if she will revise the plan for you. With any kind of benzo especially, the taper seems best at a long, slow rate. As long as progress continues to be made, success will be found.

I wish you well in this. I know it is rough.

Good wishes
    reach

Closed Thread