It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Has anyone had a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Norman Godfrey?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
    gleedude
    (male)

gleedude HB User
    Re: Rhinoplasty Dr Norman Godfrey

Has anyone had a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Norman Godfrey?

I've had a consultation with him. Of all of the doctors before-n-after photos I've seen, his are the best. He was thorough and professional in the consultation. His computer rendering of my nose was exactly what I want. My fear is - that I haven't heard from anyone who has had work done by him.

How is his execution from computer renderings to actual nose job?

SOME INFO ON HIM:
    - He is quoting me approx $11k and that includes everything.
    - He performs approx 100 nose jobs a year with 15-20% of those needing revisions.
    - If a revision is needed, you only pay for hospital and anesthesia.

I sure would appreciate any help, info, or comments. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

I just had to jump in here also,
    I went with one of the best
    surgeons, beautiful before and after
    picture of how I wanted mine,
    result: horror and depression, he
    totally destroyed my nose, 4- revisions
    later; it's still awful, I don't go to social
    events anymore, I have Social Anxiety
    now and severe depression
    Please be careful!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
    gleedude
    (male)

gleedude HB User

HEY DEBORA E: Who was the dr? Who have you used for revisions? I appreciate your comment. Thanks.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

I started out with Richard Straith in Michigan and had my revisions performed by Dr. Enrique Sabbagh also in Michigan

Old 08-24-2008, 05:03 AM   #5
    gleedude
    (male)

gleedude HB User

Hey NatalieEeEeE,

Did you ultimately go with Dr Norman Godfrey? If so, how were your results? I'm looking to have surgery at the end of 01/09 with him. I'd appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
    jamie33
    (female)

jamie33 HB User

who did you go with? was it in nyc? i have consultations with dr tabbal, dr tobias and dr. pastorek coming up in september. i hope it wasn't with one of them. please, please reply. i'm soooo nervous about doing this. thank you.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
    VA_girl
    (female)

VA_girl HB User

I had to jump in too for the last person. I live in VA but went to nyc for mine. I had mine with Tobias a year ago, I had another friend who used him also. It was good, healing time was good and I'm happy with the nose!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
    bellabug
    (female)

bellabug HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gleedude View Post
    Hey NatalieEeEeE,

Did you ultimately go with Dr Norman Godfrey? If so, how were your results? I'm looking to have surgery at the end of 01/09 with him. I'd appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks.
    heyy im thinking about the same doctor as you actully kind of weird Im doing mines also at 1/09 , have you visited with him yet or head any feed backk , lol its like the hardest thing in the world to find a good doctor!! thanks so much : )

Old 10-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
    jamie33
    (female)

jamie33 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Debora E. View Post
    I just had to jump in here also,
    I went with one of the best
    surgeons, beautiful before and after
    picture of how I wanted mine,
    result: horror and depression, he
    totally destroyed my nose, 4- revisions
    later; it's still awful, I don't go to social
    events anymore, I have Social Anxiety
    now and severe depression
    Please be careful!
    if you don't mind me asking...who did you go with and where? i'm still deciding who to use. thank you. so sorry for your pain

Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 AM   #10
    gleedude
    (male)

gleedude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bellabug View Post
    heyy im thinking about the same doctor as you actully kind of weird Im doing mines also at 1/09 , have you visited with him yet or head any feed backk , lol its like the hardest thing in the world to find a good doctor!! thanks so much : )
    Hi. I have yet to hear from anyone who has had a rhinoplasty with Dr Norman Godfrey. I am having another consult with him in November to further define how my nose should look. I like his computer mock-up of my nose. Have you met with him yet?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
    bellabug
    (female)

bellabug HB User

Quote:
    Hi. I have yet to hear from anyone who has had a rhinoplasty with Dr Norman Godfrey. I am having another consult with him in November to further define how my nose should look. I like his computer mock-up of my nose. Have you met with him yet?

hey no I havent Im actully planning to meet with dr shikowitz, hes is a nose
    ear n throught doctor in a hosptial, he specializes in facial cosemtics but thats it, Im not sure if i should go to him or someone who is only for cosemtics , finding a doctor seems to be so hard!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
    brenda1979
    (female)

brenda1979 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Rhinoplasty Dr Norman Godfrey

Quote:
    No, I haven't met with him yet. However, I actually have two friends who both had their noses done by Dr. Norman Godfrey. They both think the world of him. From everything they told me, it sounds as if they had great experiences with him. Their noses look great too! Although I don't need my nose done, I'm actually thinking of seeing his brother, Dr. Philip Godfrey in consultation regarding breast augmentation. One of the two friends I mentioned had her breasts done by him on the same day Dr. Norman did her nose, and she's thrilled with the results.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #13
    tabbalvictim
    (male)

tabbalvictim HB User

my advise to you is NOT to think about going to Dr. tabbal, however if you want to have more correction surguries you might consider going to Dr. tabbal

Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 AM   #14
    gleedude
    (male)

gleedude HB User
    Re: Has anyone had a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Norman Godfrey?

I had my rhinoplasty with Dr. Norman Godfrey on 01/30/09 at the NY Queen's Hospital. Dr Godfrey is the head of plastic surgery there.

The staff and Drs at the hospital were very pleasant and professional - and on time. Although up to the day before my surgery, the hospital was moving around the start time of my surgery - a little annoying. Dr. Godfrey performs surgeries on Fridays so he can be on call during the weekend for any complications.

I took the train/bus out to the hospital for my pre-op testing. I live on the UWS of Manhattan and I was told it would take 45 minutes to get there but it took almost 2 hours. Not the most intuitive of travels. Take a car service the day of your surgery. It'll cost you approx $37 + tip/tolls from the UWS.

I went in for more consultations than most people - it's my way. I wanted to make sure that we were both on the same page with my nose shape. I also reiterated the agreed-upon look (with my best friend at my side - can't be too careful in this litigious world) at the hospital before I was wheeled into the operating room. I ran down the list.

- angle
    - projection - I wanted 2mm off
    - tip rotation
    - bump removal
    - width

Dr. Godfrey initially didn't want to take the 2mm off the tip. He has a very strong opinion of the nose projection. But having been around a lot of nose jobs and having wanted one for over 30 years, I knew what I wanted my end-result to be and I stood my ground. To date, I'm happy with my decision. Dr. Godfreyís recommendation would have resulted in a beautiful nose, as well.

Dr Godfrey uses measuring devices in the operating room to get accurate results. Everything about the surgery was very easy. No problems at all. Dr. Godfrey doesn't pack the nose after surgery. I had some blood drainage during the first day. My eyes/cheeks swelled for two days and then subsided. There was very little bruising, which lasted three days. I had absolutely no pain and didnít need the pain medication or the antibiotics.

The most annoying part is the post-surgery blood boogers. When he sees you the Wednesday after the Friday surgery, he digs a hole through them with a scalpel so that you can breathe. Itíll make your eyes water. He also requires you to squeeze the side of your nose every hour with the side of your two pointer fingers to help the healing. It doesnít hurt too much.

As for the aesthetics of my nose:
    I was very nervous about placing my appearance in the hands of what really is just a stranger (even though he does have prestigious degrees and accolades).

Itís been 2 months since surgery. There is still a small bump at the top of the bridge and the tip is still wider than it should be. Dr Godfrey assured me that those are the last two places two heal. It will take 12-18 months for the final result. In the meantime, Iím happy with the results at this point in time. It looks natural and the swelling gets less and less. Iím being very Zen with the healing process. At the 1-year point, Iíll decide whether it requires revisions or not.

Important: Remember, you must get sign-off from your regular doctor for the surgery. It's at the bottom of the info sheets Godfreyís office gives you. Itís vague in its request and itís easy to glance (I had conversations with my doctor but no official sign-off). This can hold up your surgery or make you run around like a crazy person right before your surgery. So set that up immediately.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #15
    MsV1
    (female)

MsV1 HB User
    Re: Has anyone had a rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Norman Godfrey?

Just curious - Sape Cora - did you end up going with Dr. Godfrey? If so, how was your experience? If not - who did you go with? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Closed Thread