It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Twitching with anxious thoughts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
    tmth0ma2004
    (male)

tmth0ma2004 HB User
    Twitching with anxious thoughts

I have had anxiety for about 10 years and am accustomed to how it affects me.. and generally can handle when anxiety attacks come. But, there has been a puzzling quesiton lingering in my mind for a long time, and I've just now gotton brave enough to ask, because I quite frankly feel like im crazy or something. Generally I have "flash thoughts" that create anxiety... It's worrysome things about getting hurt, hurting others, or hurting things that i care about. If you knew me, you would know that I wouldnt hurt a fly. These feelings tend to pop up more the more anxiety I have but what seems to accompany them is a twitch in my left arm, and left side of my neck. It seems I can contol it if I really focus, but if I have impulsive bad thoughts, worrying thoughts, it is there.... sometimes I surprise myself when i twitch, they dont last long, and I try to refocus on reducing my anxiety. Oddly enough, the only other time i twich is when i think of sharp knives.... and i have NO idea where that comes from.

It's hard enough to experience racing thoughts, or impulsive worrying but why the association with twitching?

Any comments welcome... please help.

thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread