It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• how long after a dnc can you conceive again

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
    3ilovejose
    (female)

3ilovejose HB User
    how long after a dnc can you conceive again

how long after a dnc can you conceive again
    the soonest please i have a dnc scheduled in a few days for a fetus who stopped growing at around 9-10 weeks. im devastated and would want to try asap again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
    RachP02
    (female)

RachP02 HB User
    Re: how long after a dnc can you conceive again

My DR told me to wait until I've had 2 normal periods. Now I did not have a dnc, but I beleive its the same either way. I miscarried in August, so Im just getting ready to try again within the next 2 weeks. I know how hard it is to wait, but hang in there and all will work out as its supposed to.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
    Numb_one
    Veteran
    (female)

Numb_one HB User
    Re: how long after a dnc can you conceive again

Hi there,

I had a D&C after i miscarried in Dec 06..... & my doctor also told me to wait atleast 2 normal periods so that my body could get back to normal! I have heard of people concieving straight away & being successful..... & others not so lucky, but i guess the waiting just gives your body the chance to recover & prepare properly for when you do try to concieve again!

Sorry for your loss & goodluck trying again when you are ready!

Numb

Closed Thread