It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board

• Question: Male vs Female Voices AND talking back to them

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
    Mikayyla
    (female)

Mikayyla HB User
    Question: Male vs Female Voices AND talking back to them

I myself do not hear voices but I've read the posts here about auditory hallucinations and I was wondering a couple things.

1) Regarding the fact that some of your voices are mean and negative, and some of your voices are nice and positive, I was wondering........Is there a pattern of your voices being male or female when they're positive or negative? What I mean to say is....Is it like the mean voices are always male and the nice voices are always female? Or the reverse? Or is there no pattern like that and the mean/nice voices can be either gender?

2) When you talk back to the voices, do you talk back to them outloud or just "think" back to them in your mind?

3) When the voices come and you do talk(or think) back to them, do they respond and answer you?

4) And if they do answer you -- do they answer you only when you talk to them outloud....or do they answer you when you "think" back to them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
    MSD607
    Veteran
    (female)

MSD607 HB User
    Re: Question: Male vs Female Voices AND talking back to them

In my own personal situation I hear 2 males and 2 females on a daily basis. The sex of the voices has nothing to do with how I'm feeling, however; it seems that the females are more nasty for some reason. When I used to talk back (I don't do that anymore, because I realize it only adds fuel to the fire), they would respond. I don't respond to them by thinking, so I can't answer that part of the question. As of now, when I hear the voices I just have to ignore them- yes, they do start yelling sometimes when I ignore them, but I understand it's better than giving in to them.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
    dreams in neon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mikayyla View Post
    I myself do not hear voices but I've read the posts here about auditory hallucinations and I was wondering a couple things.

1) Regarding the fact that some of your voices are mean and negative, and some of your voices are nice and positive, I was wondering........Is there a pattern of your voices being male or female when they're positive or negative? What I mean to say is....Is it like the mean voices are always male and the nice voices are always female? Or the reverse? Or is there no pattern like that and the mean/nice voices can be either gender?

In my case, I hear up to 20 different voices at a time and they are both male and female. Generally, the mean voices are male and the more polite voices are female, but this varies from one psychotic episode to the next.

2) When you talk back to the voices, do you talk back to them outloud or just "think" back to them in your mind?

I do both. If my voices are really aggrevating me (such as when I'm manic), I'll talk back to them outloud. If I'm feeling calmer, I respond to them mentally in my mind.

3) When the voices come and you do talk(or think) back to them, do they respond and answer you?

Yes they do. In fact, sometimes several voices talk or shout at the same time making it difficult for me to tell the difference between my own voice and the voices I hear in my head.

4) And if they do answer you -- do they answer you only when you talk to them outloud....or do they answer you when you "think" back to them?

My voices answer me regardless of whether I talk back to them outloud or in my mind.

dreams in neon
    Bipolar I - Rapid Cycling
    Schizoaffective Disorder - Bipolar Type

Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
    shananigens
    (female)

shananigens HB User

I had 3 main voices, all females. Jill, my angel. Gina and Jessa are actual friends of mine. Jill was always trying to guide me from evil. She protected me from the demons. Gina and Jessa were at first just talking like they would if i was reallly with them. saying things that were normal. Gina would always talk about smoking, or getting smokes or its time for one etc. Jessa would always just tell me to be strong and that she loved me.

Jill was the first one to tell me to do something. she would tell me to cut myself because i needed to cleanse my body of the dirt inside it. she hated my boyfriend and would scream when he got close. saying things like he was just going to hurt me. i have a long history of molestation and rape from gr5-gr8 so i already had horrible trust issues and she made me feel like it was going to happen all over again. Then she would talk about "The workers", or the demons in the world and it was my job to kill them. I was so scared and she had my full trust so i listened and ended up almost stabbing my boyfriend with a kitchen knife because she told me too.

After that all 3 voices went from nice to very commanding. and very loud. all 3 went from saying nice messages to commanding very bad things but for a good cause. always to kill demons to protect either myself or my family. so for me those 3 females voices were both nice and not.

When i first started hearing the voices i did answer outloud because i was like there was really someone there. i didnt physically see them but they were there. then people started to see i was talking to well thin air and i was alienated at school for running out of class crying or because i would talk to Jill mainly like she was standing infront of me. Then i got "let go" at my job for abnormal behaviour, like talking back outloud... After that i stopped, unless they are really really loud then i do scream back to shut them up, which doesnt always work. but after getting fired i started talking mentally. and it was just the same.

yes they all answer. and argue. and yell. and other times there polite and kind and trusting. i rarely have the final word tho. It just frusterating because they dont answer one after another. its sometimes all at once which i hate.

and yes they answer whether i talk outloud or mentally.

i havent heard these 3 voices since september of this yr. but i have someone else, its different from the voices. it comes from the tv. its messages sent to me from the local police, the same officer each time, into my head. that i dont answer because its not like there talking to me. there just stating a fact or giving me info and then its gone.

Closed Thread