It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• is Adderall available in the UK?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
    helen08
    (female)

helen08 HB User
    is Adderall available in the UK?

hi there,

Ive noticed that alot of people with adhd are taking adderall, i should have asked doctor about it when i saw her, so would like to find out as much as i can about adderall so when i go back could suggest it as it seems to be a good med other than conterta which is not working well at all for my son, so any advise would be great to know about adderall.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
    james0906
    (male)

james0906 HB User
    Re: is Adderall available in the UK?

I haven't had experience with concerta but check into Dexdrine or Dextroamphetamine. Dextroamphetamine is the active ingriedent in Dexedrine. Dexedrine is the brand name for dextroamphetamine. Dextroamphetamine is in Adderall. I think straight Dex works better than the Adderall does. I was taking 20mg a day of the Dex. My doctor left the practice to work for hospice. Now I am seeing a different doctor that switched me to the Adderall for some reason. Aderall is a mix of amphetamines. I am getting ready to double the dosage to 40mg. Either I have developed a tolerance or the Adderall does not work as well for me. I am trying to take one to two day breaks from the meds with hopes it will keep me from developing a tolerance.

Ask for the extended release version of either medicine you and your doctor decide to go with. The Dextroamphetamine extended release is called Dexedrine Spansule. Adderrall is Adderall xr. Both extended release versions have the same active ingredient as the instant release but have a different delivery method so one dose should last all day. Instead of having to dose 2-3 times a day . I am going to try 4 times a day once I get script refilled for the higher dosage. 10mg at a time with hopes that it will stop the ups and downs. I can't afford the extended release versions of the medicine . It is about three times the cost of the generic labeled Mixed Amphetamine Salts. I don't think the generic is available in extended release.

I hope this gives you some help. Do your own research and let me know how it all works out.

Good Luck!!

Old 11-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
    helen08
    (female)

helen08 HB User
    Re: is Adderall available in the UK?

hi james,

thanks for that will do some research on that, not found much yet so wll keep looking and let you know.

Closed Thread