It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• Pregnancy Test 5 days after IUI?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
    lisa4711
    (female)

lisa4711 HB User
    Pregnancy Test 5 days after IUI?

Hello everyone,

I am another newbie to these boards and am on my first cycle of Gonal F with IUI. I have been trying to conceive for more than 10 years between 2 marriages, and doctors that have told me that maybe I just need to accept that I am not going to be a mother. This is now cycle day17 and I am a little perplexed... My fertility dr gave me the b/w papers for a Progesterone test 7 days after IUI and Pregnancy test 16 days after. From what I have read here this all sounds like the norm.

Yesterday, I went to my regular physcian to obtain prescription refills and filled him in on our progress through the fertility maze. When I mentioned that we went through our first IUI procedure 5 days before, he suggested he give me a pregnancy test and would have results for me today. Does this seem strange to anyone? My results were a BFN, but I didn't really expect that the HCG would be strong enought to be detected if indeed I am pregnant.

I realize that all of my symptoms... extremely sore breasts, cramping, moodyness, can all be from the meds, pending AF, or Pg. I figure that if sperm can survive 72 hrs... it seems too soon to do any testing.

Can anyone comment on this experience. I am not really convinced that these results are valid so soon after the IUI.

Thanks for reading and sharing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
    cashahn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cashahn HB User
    Re: Pregnancy Test 5 days after IUI?

Yes this does sound very strange considering the embryo doesnt usually implant until 7-10 days after ovulation so I really wouldnt worry about that BFN at all in fact I would totally ignore those results. I hope to see you posting your BFN very soon though and please keep us posted.

Cashahn xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
    lisa4711
    (female)

lisa4711 HB User

Thanks for the response Cashahn. I am one week down with one to go. fingers are crossed.

Lisa

Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
    canuck35
    (female)

canuck35 HB User

I agree, ignore the BFN. Best of Luck!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
    Juliet75
    (female)

Juliet75 HB User

Ignore it ! My sister was almost 4 months pregnant before it showed up on a blood test. Time will tell, just relax and think positive.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
    marisal74
    (female)

marisal74 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Pregnancy Test 5 days after IUI?

I am on day 6 of post IUI and can I say I am going nuts!!! I don't know what I am feeling a bit nauseas maybe dry mouth and definately have to pee a lot!! Oh and I am tired.. The only thing is these are also symptoms of anxiety!! LOL! Help me and let me know what I should really expect.. I guess I have to wait 10 more days..

Closed Thread