It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board

• What is ASUS and CIN II??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 AM   #1
    JeanneX
    (female)

JeanneX HB User
    What is ASUS and CIN II??

Pls, explain me the diff btwn ASUS and CIN II?

I have had a test, which said I had ASUS.

GENERAL CATIGORIZATION:
    benign cellular changes:
    reactive changes assosiated with
    imflammation (including typical repair)
    acute
    mild
    Squamous cell
    ASUS
    HORMONAL EVALUATION
    Immunohistochemistry stain for HPV positive

this is what was mentioned in my test results.
    pls, explain me, coz the doc did not wanna explain, said only to check in with her in 3,4 month...
    thx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #2
    tiffanee
    (female)

tiffanee HB User
    Re: What is ASUS and CIN II??

I know how u feel. I had a colposcopy last week and it came back CINII, the doc wasn't available to give me the results, but a nurse explained to me as much as she knew. With CIN II it is saying that you have elevated abnormal cell(NOT cancer) and they want to take a further look. It is weird though that they told you to come back in 3-4 months cause the doc that oversees these things @ my gyno clinic will call me on Monday when she gets back from vacation to immediately give me an appt for a LEEP which is an procedure that removes abnormal cells from the cervix for further diagnosis and from there I will have to have a follow up to make sure all is well and if not they will take further measures to remove the cells. I don't know how helpful I have been, but I hope that it helps you in some way. I learned all this from talking to the nurse today and google.

Last edited by tiffanee; 12-31-2008 at 06:37 AM.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:38 AM   #3
    JeanneX
    (female)

JeanneX HB User

ok, i did not get cinII, they said i got ASUS
    so, it is not CIN II yet, right?

Old 12-31-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
    tiffanee
    (female)

tiffanee HB User
    Smile Re: What is ASUS and CIN II??

ASCUS - Atypical Squamous cells of undetermined significance
    so it is still an elevated abnormal level. did they say what your CIN was. there is level I- docs really aren't worried and you will have a follow up in a few months.
    IIandIII are more elevated and doc wants a follow up ASAP to check for what's really going on
    VI- (from my understanding) is pretty much cancer and tehy will take immediate actions to remove all cells that are @ taht level. I' m still researching so I will definately tell you more. Oh there are also other posts on here that can explain. I'm glad to know taht there are other females in the world taht know exaxctly how I feel. GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
    JeanneX
    (female)

JeanneX HB User

k, thanks a lot

they did not tell me anything abt CIN, i found out abt it online
    docs here are soo stupid, i m in an arab place, this one for instance did not explain me anything, gave my paper through a nurse
    all the document said was what i wrote there in my 1st message

i found out what the hell things were only on my own, so, i wanna go check the smear and see what is happening, hope it is gone on its own, like many ppl have it

thanks, keep me updated anyway
    take care

Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
    Pickle Eyes
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

ASCUS = atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance. They are slightly abnormal, but could be normal. These cells are not abnormal enough to be determined "abnormal" (or dysplasia, therefore there is no CIN#). It is good that your doctor wants to recheck you.

The CIN#s are one way of grading dysplasia. CIN I is mild dysplasia. In a young woman (under 30) it might clear up on its own, but needs to be checked on. CIN II is moderate dysplasia. This might clear up on its own, but it also might not. The doctor might check up on this earlier than a CIN I or the doctor might decide to do a treatment (cryo, LEEP, etc). CIN III is severe dysplasia. Doctors typically will treat that right away since it rarely improves on its own. After that is carcinoma/adenocarcinoma in situ (depending on which type of cell is involved). It literally means "cancer in place." Some doctors catagorize it as precancer, others call it stage 0 cancer.

I hope that helps.

Closed Thread