It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Does this sound like MS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2002, 11:01 AM   #1
    AK

AK HB User
    Question Does this sound like MS?

Hi, I am new to this message board. I am 37 and have 3 children. Seven years ago, when I turned 30, I started having a few strange symptoms, tingling, isolated numbness. I had a brain MRI which came back normal and saw a neurologist who told me I did not have MS. After seven years have gone by, I have vague symptoms which come and go, but the main thing now is left hip pain which at times makes walking difficult and painful. I also feel like I'm off balance sometimes when I'm walking for distance. Two orthopaedic MDs have told me this is hip bursitis. Also sometimes I feel overcome with fatigue but I can still function. Legs feel weak sometimes. All of these symptoms are fairly mild but I always have the worry about MS in the back of my mind.
    Should I continue to worry about MS if there aren't any major symptoms just jumping out at me? I feel like I'm 37 and falling apart sometimes. Any replies are appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2002, 10:03 AM   #2
    batman777
    Inactive

batman777 HB User
    Fatigue is very common among autoimmune disorders- It is possible that you have an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder. If all your bloodwork and tests have come back clean than don't depend on the doctors to diagnose you as they will tell you your problems are in your head.

Check out my posts to "chronically ill by a mystery feel isolated".

Closed Thread