It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• does magnesium help with anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
    jennypreininger
    (female)

jennypreininger HB User
    does magnesium help with anxiety

does magnesium help with anxiety

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
    dlindquist83
    (female)

dlindquist83 HB User
    Re: does magnesium help with anxiety

Its supposed to be known to help with anxiety but I havent found it to help me, I didnt really take it for a long period though. My grandma takes it and swears by it but shes had bad anxiety all her life.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
    jennypreininger
    (female)

jennypreininger HB User

Thanks i am trying to get off of Lexapro and i have found it difficult to do ....i get those zaps ... but in my legs ...i end up taking the Lexapro cause the pain in my legs becomes unbearable... I was looking for something to help with the side effects as i taper off of the med...It has made me super fat and i have gained about 40 pounds since July 08... any suggestions would be very helpful....thankyou ....

jen

Old 03-08-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
    robinegg
    (female)

robinegg HB Userrobinegg HB User

Hi Jennypreininger
    Hope you are well as can be.....
    I am on the anxiety boards as I used to suffer with dreadful anxiety for many many years I owuld get freaked out about everything my childrenn my husband you name it......
    It turned out I had aB12 deficiency my sister my son and my daughter have it too Mysister has been on meds for depression and anxiety for years it was given to me but I didnt take it for long it did nothing just made me a zombie......My son has anxiety but the B12 has helped well.....

I have read your post here and you mention pains in your legs and stabbing pains another symptom sof B12 deficiency......Do you have pins & needles too, headaches,palpitations,confusion,memory problems,stomach problems,sore muscles,aching joints,fatigue,sleeping problems,balance problems ,abnormal blood tests, thyriod problems diabetes,any one else in your family suffer with this........

it would be good to get checked for this with the following tests
    Serum B12
    Holotranscobalamin
    Homocysteine,
    UMMA
    Red Cell Folate
    CBC
    Iron studies

The only form of b12 I take is Methylcobalamin I have injections and take the Sublinguals from jarrows and some cofactors ...

Last edited by Administrator; 03-22-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
    hamstachick
    (female)

hamstachick HB User

I take it every day and I really don't know if it has, frankly. I have read it does. It does a host of other things too though. It also helps you sleep. I take it before bed and it seems to. That and calcium. Everything added together helps you know? Taking a super b-complex also. Fish oils. Flax. Borage. C. Inositol some are saying.

Closed Thread