It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Can One Have Anxiety Symptoms When Not Anxious?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
    Looly
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User
    Can One Have Anxiety Symptoms When Not Anxious?

I am a generally anxious person. I worry about everything and lately I have many issues in front of me to cause worry.
    My question is.....when I'm not in an anxious situation, but have it in the back of my mind, could it produce symptoms associated with anxiety such as chest tightness on the right and left sides of the chest (not in middle), vibrations and stinging in my back and left arm discomfort. I can have this for a few days at a time, while not going through an anxiety attack - just a generalized feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
    erika74
    (female)

erika74 HB User
    Re: Can One Have Anxiety Symptoms When Not Anxious?

hi I know I get weird sensations too throughout the day, even when I am not anxious. I asked the Dr. and she said that it does happen. hope this helps. erika

Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have symptoms too without being in the middle of an anxiety attack. Like right now I have the pins and needles sensation and itching and I feel calm. I wonder if this would be considered generalized anxiety disorder?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
    graces23
    (female)

graces23 HB User

This is me!

I have had "anxiety attacks" before several times, and each time I am NOT anxious at all, but have been going through stressful times...I just wasn't feeling anxious at the specific time of the attacks, and had no idea what they were. I assumed they were pre-migraine things again (I've had migraines for years with the aura being the main part I hate).

I would tend to get a feeling of weird tension, though not in a bad way, and then my muscles would begin to shiver slightly in my butt. lol. This would spread down my legs and up to my stomach and soon I'd be shivering all over, and then it was as if I was freezing (but I wasn't) and I wasn't just shivering but actually JERKING and shivering at the same time, and I had to try hard not to bite my tongue, and my jaw is clenched, all my muscles are clenched, my heart is beating quite fast, and I feel sort of nauseous.

The whole time I'm totally lucid and thinking to myself What is this? Calm down, will you? And I'm not even stressed. It's very strange. The next day my entire body aches from the clenching.

Closed Thread