It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• How do YOU tell if a girl is playing hard to get? What are YOUR methods?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #61
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User
    Re: How do YOU tell if a girl is playing hard to get? What are YOUR methods?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    I suppose it takes some more time to finally figure it out.

question,
    you said you hate girls that tease.
    is this true that she was only playing you? or you ****** because she was just not that into you?
    and you could not win her over ?

If I was you I'd drop this chick or at least leave her alone and if she is that interested in you she will do more than call,text, let her say things to you without you asking her to, let her come to you whatever it takes her to get back with you, only this time , let her know your feelings about her and how she makes you feel ect,,,ect,, and that you want to start an ongoing realtionship with her and just play it from day to to day and see how the realtionship goes.
    but don't set a set time with her...just a day to day.
    if that don't work out or what everyone has mention to you...drop her
    She is a tease, cause when we would talk over the phone, all she talked about was how hot she was, how amazing of a body she has, how much attn she gets everywhere she goes. She would always want to talk dirty with me and even said that, she would seduce me on the first date. Half of the words that came out of her mouth was about how classy she is, how hot she is, yada yada yada.

Shes not interested in me, and never really was. She flat out lied when she said that she was. Otherwise, im sorry but if youre interested in someone, you at least show some effort in getting to know them. Calling once every 4-5 days is not an effort. I dont care how busy you are, nobody is busy 24/7.

Im sure she will call or txt me again, (just the matter of when), but im guessing sometime this week. Shes off work tomrw and wed. Even then, im still not interested in what she has to say, I really dont give a damn about her anymore - shes nothing but lies. She will call I know, and say the same ol' speech that she gave me last thurs night "sorry ive just been busy with work...im still interested...lets hang out"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #62
    jsfai
    Veteran
    (female)

jsfai HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brokenheart88 View Post
    I agree, but either way im still very upset at her for acting this way and doing nothing but leading me on and being a tease. God I hate girls like her!
    That's OK. It's normal to be upset at her behaviour. But remember that 'hate' is a very strong word and usually has more to do with you and your feelings than anything to do with the other party. Next time try not to put your heart on your sleeve quite so early, it can be scary for a girl...

Old 04-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #63
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsfai View Post
    That's OK. It's normal to be upset at her behaviour. But remember that 'hate' is a very strong word and usually has more to do with you and your feelings than anything to do with the other party. Next time try not to put your heart on your sleeve quite so early, it can be scary for a girl...
    true, but like I said, I tend to get my hopes up for girls too soon. Once I meet them, I get too eagar in wanting to just jump right in. I hate it, because a lot of it can easily be avoided.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 AM   #64
    jsfai
    Veteran
    (female)

jsfai HB User

It just means you're keen. But remember that it can be overwhelming for your potential partner. LImit yourself say - two texts a day, one phone call....I dont know but just do waht feels right, just dont dive right in.

And remember - it's been said by me and another on this thread,,,true love is very very easy, no effort at all. When you 'follow you feelings' and it all goes according to plan then you are closer to a good relationship than you realise!

For every false start, you get closer to the one!

J

Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #65
    brokenhearted83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

brokenhearted83 HB User

Quote:
    Even then, im still not interested in what she has to say, I really dont give a damn about her anymore - shes nothing but lies. She will call I know, and say the same ol' speech that she gave me last thurs night "sorry ive just been busy with work...im still interested...lets hang out"
    Good! Next time, don't pick up, don't reply!

You deserve better than an arrogant girl who sounds like she's a teenager? Is she? Who knows! Who cares!

Move on and find a truly classy girl who you deserve!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #66
    Redneon82
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Redneon82 HB User

She most likely isn't at all how she described herself. After all, how many truly attractive, healthy, secure girls and women go around saying "gosh, I'm just so hot!"

A friend of mine met a girl online. She sent him all kinds of nude pics and told him she was his girlfriend. She even went so far as to tell him she was going to fly out to stay with him, gave him a date, time and flight number. Guess what...she never showed! It was all some elaborate hoax. Who knows why! Poor guy was devastated, and he never heard from her again. There's all sorts of weirdos out there and the internet has made it so easy to fool people. I had a guy send me a pic one time, and months later I found the same pic on a modeling website...he'd lifted it from the site and said it was him! Another guy I know got a picture from a girl he'd been chatting with, and he thought , wow, she's beautiful! Then he showed the pic to his mom, and she told him "that's Faith Hill off her latest CD!" So, it's easy for anyone to say they're this and that, but then they dodge the issue when it comes to actually meeting up. Which is a shame, because they believe no one will like them as they truly are so they feel they have to make up a false persona to attract people.

You're better off just writing this one off and holding out for someone sincere.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #67
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
    She is a tease, cause when we would talk over the phone, all she talked about was how hot she was, how amazing of a body she has, how much attn she gets everywhere she goes. She would always want to talk dirty with me and even said that, she would seduce me on the first date. Half of the words that came out of her mouth was about how classy she is, how hot she is, yada yada yada.
    This girl has been totally playing you right from the start. She hasn't even met you and she's talking dirty and telling you how she's going to seduce you on the first date? GIANT red flag. (And btw, that's definitely not classy, lol.) What's a shame is that you actually let her get into your head (as shown from all your posts about it) and you hadn't even met her! Next time at least meet the girl first. Playing on the internet or phone with someone is too easy, meeting is harder and will definitely weed out the time wasters. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #68
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    It just means you're keen. But remember that it can be overwhelming for your potential partner. LImit yourself say - two texts a day, one phone call....I dont know but just do waht feels right, just dont dive right in.

And remember - it's been said by me and another on this thread,,,true love is very very easy, no effort at all. When you 'follow you feelings' and it all goes according to plan then you are closer to a good relationship than you realise!

For every false start, you get closer to the one!

J
    Thats true - true love should come with minimul effort. The fact that she was making it such a chore just to talk, was a big red flag. I should have stopped calling her altogether on the 2nd day.

Im still certain though that she will eventually call or txt me again. I wont reply back when she does. I know she will, its just the matter of time. She will call me and try giving me the garbage speech again "Ive been busy with work...lets hang out" blah blah blah.

Last edited by Brkenhrt; 04-07-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #69
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brokenhearted83 View Post
    Good! Next time, don't pick up, don't reply!

You deserve better than an arrogant girl who sounds like she's a teenager? Is she? Who knows! Who cares!

Move on and find a truly classy girl who you deserve!
    Shes 27, Im 28. The ironic thing is, she would always keep telling me over and over how classy of a woman she is and how mature she is lol. She spent an awful lot of time talking about how attractive and gorgeous of a girl she is, and when shes not going on about that, shes telling me how classy she is.

Sorry but classy girls dont go clubbing 2-3x a week. Classy girls dont dress like sluts (pardon my language). Classy girls dont lead guys on. A friend told me, usually when a girl who keeps saying stuff over and over and stresses on it, theyre usually the opposite.

Last edited by Brkenhrt; 04-07-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #70
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Redneon82 View Post
    She most likely isn't at all how she described herself. After all, how many truly attractive, healthy, secure girls and women go around saying "gosh, I'm just so hot!"

A friend of mine met a girl online. She sent him all kinds of nude pics and told him she was his girlfriend. She even went so far as to tell him she was going to fly out to stay with him, gave him a date, time and flight number. Guess what...she never showed! It was all some elaborate hoax. Who knows why! Poor guy was devastated, and he never heard from her again. There's all sorts of weirdos out there and the internet has made it so easy to fool people. I had a guy send me a pic one time, and months later I found the same pic on a modeling website...he'd lifted it from the site and said it was him! Another guy I know got a picture from a girl he'd been chatting with, and he thought , wow, she's beautiful! Then he showed the pic to his mom, and she told him "that's Faith Hill off her latest CD!" So, it's easy for anyone to say they're this and that, but then they dodge the issue when it comes to actually meeting up. Which is a shame, because they believe no one will like them as they truly are so they feel they have to make up a false persona to attract people.

You're better off just writing this one off and holding out for someone sincere.
    Thats why Im not a fan of the whole "blind date/meetup" sorta thing. Meeting girls online is fine, but extremely risky. Thankfully, Ive only met 3 girls in my lifetime off the internet, and surprisingly none lied about their appearance, but they either had serious baggage or a much different mindset (and for the worst unfortunately).

Last edited by Brkenhrt; 04-07-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #71
    chevyman
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

chevyman HB User

So what does he see in this girl?? or how could someone fall for this type of girl? maybe she is beautiful and has a beautiful body and thats all he sees?
    blind sided by a Nice set of ,,, humm never mind.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #72
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thisby View Post
    This girl has been totally playing you right from the start. She hasn't even met you and she's talking dirty and telling you how she's going to seduce you on the first date? GIANT red flag. (And btw, that's definitely not classy, lol.) What's a shame is that you actually let her get into your head (as shown from all your posts about it) and you hadn't even met her! Next time at least meet the girl first. Playing on the internet or phone with someone is too easy, meeting is harder and will definitely weed out the time wasters. Good luck.
    I agree and yes Im a complete moron for letting her get to my head and play me for the short time that she did. But that all roots from my problem of being too eager in getting to know someone when just meeting. I really need to work on this for future relationships. Like I said, I could easily avoid a lot of the burden, cause a lot of it I put on myself. I need to take it slow and just let things take its course. A friend told me to think of them as just friends off the start and it will give me more self control in how fast I progress in it.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #73
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    So what does he see in this girl?? or how could someone fall for this type of girl? maybe she is beautiful and has a beautiful body and thats all he sees?
    blind sided by a Nice set of ,,, humm never mind.
    I have a bad habit getting far too caught up in girls that im extremely attracted to. Now I know her and I never met, so I cant say 100% that I would be extremely attracted to her physically. But from what shes told me, she is my type of girl (looks wise). But I know that many girls tend to exxagerate on their looks.

The very first night we talked, I actually enjoyed talking to her and thought she was for real. But as time progressed, I lost interest and saw her true intentions. After we talked last thurs night, that really showed me what kind of person she was, and all the interest that I did have for her pretty much went down the drain. Her text on Sat night, pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #74
    jsfai
    Veteran
    (female)

jsfai HB User

Hey Brokenhearted...

Reread your thread from the very start...you might see something very interesting - growth, realization, acceptance...

No she isnt a **** or unclassy or those things, she's just not for you. Dont hold negative grudges it's not attractive in a man (or anyone!).
    Yes she played you, but you played right back into her game...lesson to you and I think you realise that!

Good for you.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #75
    Brkenhrt
    (male)

Brkenhrt HB User

Quote:
    Reread your thread from the very start...you might see something very interesting - growth, realization, acceptance...
    I agree. And I thank you all for your great advice!

Quote:
    No she isnt a **** or unclassy or those things, she's just not for you. Dont hold negative grudges it's not attractive in a man (or anyone!).
    She's not for me and she's definitely not classy! Sorry but classy girls don't play games. Classy girls don't lead guys on and just be a total tease.

Quote:
    Yes she played you, but you played right back into her game...lesson to you and I think you realise that
    What I should have done was not get my hopes up after the first night that we talked for 3 hrs. After the first night I really did believe that she was a decent woman with her head on straight. Boy was I wrong.

And now when I think of it, we met 13 days ago, but ironically we only talked 3, yes 3 times! That proves right there that she just wasn't interested and played me. People are busy, but no one is busy 24/7! Anyone who is the least bit interested would make a better effort than that!

Closed Thread