It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Finally REAL help for indents and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2002, 03:10 PM   #61
    AnnabelleC

AnnabelleC HB User
    Gabe, I noticed you live in New York, can you tell me where you are getting these injections done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2002, 04:44 PM   #62
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    Hey Leon, I was very glad to hear that I am not alone with these damn red spots. I must say, I think I see a slight improvement in my scarring, maybe 15 percent or so, subtle difference, but if I see a 50 percent improvement after 3 visits like loubug I will be very happy. It's hard to see how much improvement is there because I cannot look past all of these red marks on my face from where the needle pierced my skin. It's been a little over 24 hours, and I still have reddish/pink marks, that seem to be turning purple, much like a tiny bruise. Is this normal? Will these fade away, or does it stay like this? I am concerned because it has been over 24 hours now. Even though the scarring has improved a little, my skin looked A HELL OF A LOT BETTER before this procedure, not many zits at all, and now it just looks like I had a break-out recently. I really hope these marks fade, and fast, otherwise I am certainly not going back to have my second procedure done.

Old 04-03-2002, 05:27 PM   #63
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    RPM just give it like 1-2 weeks, and Im sure it will look much better

Old 04-03-2002, 05:29 PM   #64
    leon2k2

leon2k2 HB User
    Cool

Hey, RPMcCalip

Same here! I also have some red marks remaining. It really sucks!! But i can feel that they are fading away graduately. I'm gonna buy some aloe vera product tonight to put on those marks. Loubug said it's really helpful. Right now, I can feel about 25% improvement. Those shallow ones look esp. good. What i do is to look at mirror in a dark room, so the redness would not prevent me from making an accurate judgement. Good luck to you on those red marks!

Old 04-03-2002, 06:05 PM   #65
    loubug

loubug HB User
    RPMcCalip, I also had about a 15% improvement after the first treatment and now it is 50% better.Don't be discouraged,the red marks will go away.It takes longer for some people than for others.I remember getting shots on the arm when I was a kid and that left a mark on my arm for a couple of days.These saline injections are like getting a shot on your face,so there will be marks left.I think my marks seem to go away fast because I have darker skin.I'm pretty tanned so the red marks were not really visible after a day,they kind of blend in with my skin color.Hang in there.
    leon2k2, wow a 25% improvement after the first treatment.At that rate you may only need 4 injections at the most.Dr.Sire said some people's face reacts extremely well to the procedure.You sound like one of them.Good to here it is going so well.Good luck with your future treatments.

Old 04-04-2002, 08:49 AM   #66
    leon2k2

leon2k2 HB User
    loubug,

Most of my scars are on my cheeks and they are not ice-pick type. I guess that's why they responded to the injection so well. I went to trader joe's last night and bought 99% alove vera gel. I put it on those red marks on my face before went to bed. My face looks a bit better this morning, but still like i just broke out a lot. I hate it! Hope they will go away soon. Did you feel the red marks caused by your 2nd or 3rd treatment were less visible and faded faster than those caused by the 1st treatment? Thx!

Old 04-04-2002, 05:43 PM   #67
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    wait, I know I should know this, but what are the types of scars? ice pick and saucer right? I thought that saucer was the same as an ice pick but wider, and i thought ice pick were the tiny once that look like a pin jabbed ur skin, isnt that right? arent ice picks less noticeable over saucers? (or am I wrong?)

Old 04-05-2002, 04:36 AM   #68
    Cityslicker

Cityslicker HB User
    Lightbulb

Question: Anyone. Could someone ask Dr Sire, if you see a 35%-50% improvement in 6 months, and then, you have a procedure of CoolTouch, CO2 laser or Exoderm etc. that offers a 35%-50% improvement, would it be possible, to see a projected 70%-100% improvement a year or so down the road with the combination of these 2 treatments that indivdually show up to 50% improvement? I would greatly appreciate if someone can commit to finding out this info.
    Also, I have icepick and saucer scars, does he inject both of those types of scars? TIA

Old 04-05-2002, 05:55 AM   #69
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    With a CO2 alone you'd see a 50-70%, but its a harsh laser and can have a LONG recovery time

Old 04-05-2002, 09:44 AM   #70
    leon2k2

leon2k2 HB User
    Cityslicker
    Saline injection works a lot better in saucer-like scars. The lady at Dr. Sire's place did told me that after injection treatments, if necessary, other treatments, such as dermbrasion, could still be applied for further improvements.

Old 04-08-2002, 01:46 PM   #71
    mal o'nine

mal o'nine HB User
    Smile

i've made an appotinment with Dr. Sire after reading the posts here and doing a little research online. i already have a standing appointment in august with my regular derm for a once-over with a Cool Touch laser.

i'll post my results after the appointment with Sire and then further after the Cool Touch treatment (depending on results, i may see Sire another time before i seem my regular derm again).

these methods, working under the skin instead of destroying the top layers, seem promising...hopefully i'll see some dramatic results by the end of the year.

Old 04-14-2002, 08:03 PM   #72
    pennylane

pennylane HB User
    was wondering on how the others are faring with this treatment- 50% overall improvement- isnt that similar to the results produced by cool touch? but it;s definitely a lot cheaper.what i'm worried abt is the marks that it leaves behind- marks take forever to go away in my case- when i went for laser resurfacing, it left marks for a year at least. at least with cool touch i didnt have to worry abt it. would loubug and leon care to advise? thanks

Old 04-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #73
    loubug

loubug HB User
    Pennylane, I am doing very well with the treatment. I had my fourth treatment today. I don't know about the cool touch procedure but the results I've seen from the saline injections have all been better than a 50% improvement. I had a 50% improvement after the third treatment, and leon2k2 said he had a 25% improvement after the first treatment. As for the marks left after the injections I guess it depends on the individual. The marks left by the injections on me lasted two days at the longest, but most were gone after one day. Leon2k2 or RPMcCalip can tell you how long there marks lasted.
    Karenblue, the percentage of the saline solution is .9%. The name of the solution on the bottle was "Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride". Hope that helps.

Old 04-15-2002, 01:14 PM   #74
    leon2k2

leon2k2 HB User
    pennylane, don't worry about red marks. they are totoally different kina red marks than those left by laser surgery. they are like you get bited by small insects, which means nothing on the surface of your skin get actually damaged. in my case, it took about 3-4 days for them them to completely fade away. I put aloe vera gel on my face the second day after the injection and it really helped speeding healing process.( i learned this from loubug. )
    hey, loubug, please keep updating us on your improvement. it's really exciting to hear good news from you...

Old 04-15-2002, 04:36 PM   #75
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    Hey guys, just wanted to give an update. . .I went in for my 2nd treatment today. It actually wasn't quite as painful as last time, for whatever reason, last time it hurt pretty bad, this time I hardly felt it. Probably because last time the Dr. made approximately 35-40 injections, this time there were only 25-30 made. The improvement I saw after the first treatment was probably 10-15 percent, but if I see that much improvement after each visit, I will be very pleased. My face is very pink and I have a bunch of tiny bumps all over my face, so I will give an update in a couple of days, once the swelling and redness fades, just to let everyone considering getting this procedure done know how much improvement, if any, I see after the second treatment.

Also, the red marks that are left on my face after the procedure took about 4-5 days to fade away completely for me. My skin seemed to be getting a little smoother each day after the red marks were gone, which was very encouraging. Even though this is just my second procedure, anyone who is in the Los Angeles area and is considering this treatment, I recommend that you go ahead and get it done. It is relatively inexpensive (35 dollars for the office visit and 54 for each syringe that is used, I think most people only need 1 or 2 syringes), seems to be much more effective on individual scars than microdermabrasion, there is no down time at all, as the redness and swelling fade away in a couple of hours, and the red marks that are left on the face for a couple of days are small and hardly noticeable, and it really isn't as painful as it sounds when you use the numbing cream.

Closed Thread