It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Finally REAL help for indents and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #76
    mybabygs3
    (male)

mybabygs3 HB User
    ok, i live in the midwest...this procedure is such exciting news. i would definitely fly over to CA to get this done... does that sound ridiculous. do/have people from other states go to this doctor?

Thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2002, 09:47 PM   #77
    pennylane

pennylane HB User
    this sounds like a much better alternative. i'm actually living in singapore and was actually thinking of doing another 3 cool touch treatments(i;ve had 4 already) although i know the normal course is between 3-5 but the improvement i got from cool touch were simply not satisfactory.

will be thinking of doing the saline injections just to see how it goes. 3-5 days dont sound so bad and if the marks aren;t in the same league as the marks from laser, i suppose i could deal.

thanks a lot everybody. right now i think i;d save my money from cool touch and pick face brushing up again- got too lazy and paranoid once i saw my skin peeling off and a new layer forming the last time i did that.

Old 04-16-2002, 04:52 PM   #78
    loubug

loubug HB User
    RPMcCalip, I also had a treatment done the same day you went.We probally even passed each other not knowing it.Good to here it's not hurting as much as before,but as for me it seems like the pain is getting more intense.I might even put the numbing cream on my face the next time I go for a treatment.OUCH!I hope you are happy with the results,I am.It's worth the pain.
    mybabygs3,flying out here for the injections dosn't sound ridiculous if you have the time and money.These are not treatments that are done in just one day.It's done over a period of time with about two weeks between treatments.
    leon2k2, whats up with you.Have you went for another treatment yet.Keep updating us as to how things are looking.

Old 04-20-2002, 12:59 AM   #79
    ruin

ruin HB User
    whats up..i did the injections on wed.. i have no idea why they didn;t bless me with the num cream.they didn;t even offer the damn thing. but the pain isn't that bad it just stings really bad. well i had horrible temple scars and a few cheek scars..i didn;t actually get to meet king sire instead i got a really pretty doctor lady which made me feel kind of uncompfortable just cause she was so good looking and she was touching and staring at my nasty face. anyway i don't recomend you do this if you are still breaking out or just starting to clear up..because i don't have any pimples right now, but i do have red marks and the saline injections just made these marks look like firetruck red.i look like a monster...plus you can't use any soap or anyting for 3 days after, because that could cause anouther break out..so far i would say the depressed scars look better but the redmarks make me look horrible..anyway i hope everyone who is depressed by these scars does this oh yeah clear out the day after your treatment cause trust me you won';t want to go out..you don;t look human for a couple of hours after the treatement..peace ruin.

Old 04-21-2002, 04:22 PM   #80
    Arianiss

Arianiss HB User
    Hello everyone!
    These saline injections sound so cool!
    Are there any side effects? For some reason this reminds me of breast implants, but wasnt it the silicone implants that people have problems with or was it the saline ones? I think it was silicone.

Old 04-22-2002, 05:56 AM   #81
    dju

dju HB User
    Talking

Hi Loubug!
    I am a newbie here but an oldie with acne. I'm 47 and have had acne since I was 9 years old. Needless to say, I have a face full of scars that has left me feeling depressed and unhappy for years. I was considering microdermabrasion, but after reading your posts, I'm won't bother. I've been through every acne treatment known to man and then some, including a dermabrasion which did NOTHING for my scars. Now the scars are getting worse as I'm getting older.
    HOWEVER--these saline injections you talk about have given me a lot of hope. Question: Does your doctor have a website up with before and after pics? Does he have an email address? How about you--do you have before and after pics you can share with us?
    As a long-time acne sufferer, this has been the best news I've heard in a long time. I am seriously considering flying up to LA and having your doctor treat my scars. Another question: How many weeks/months does the treatment extend? For example, do you have any idea if there's a limit to the number of times a week your doctor can give you injections?

THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Old 04-22-2002, 11:58 AM   #82
    Scare-Brian

Scare-Brian HB User
    Hey Lou!

I want to learn more about the saline injections!

thanks

Brian

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 04-22-2002).]

Old 04-22-2002, 12:06 PM   #83
    moderator2

Wink

Quote:
    Originally posted by dju:
    Hi Loubug!
    Question: Does your doctor have a website up with before and after pics? Does he have an email address?
    Healthboards.com members may discuss doctors by name and city.

No websites or email addresses may be posted here.

As per the board guidelines.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 04-22-2002).]

Old 04-22-2002, 07:12 PM   #84
    Mr. Ooolala

Mr. Ooolala HB User
    Question

I am glad to hear that there are some people out there that are really getting some good results from this very simple procedure!!! I have some indented scars on my cheeks left from acne, and was interested in getting some procedure(s) to help give my skin texture a smoother appearance. Loubug, it sounds like you are having some great exerience especially. I was wondering if the doc you have been seeing for the saline injections has said anything more about informing other derms? I was curious since I live in IL, far away from where the doc performs this procedure. I am very interested if it works as well as stated on this board. Was originally considering subcision along with cool touch..but if this procedure works that well, and is that much cheaper, I would definately give it a try as long as it's with a qualified derm. Thanks for any info and Loubug keep us updated!!!!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Ooolala (edited 04-23-2002).]

Old 04-23-2002, 01:15 PM   #85
    merlynne12
    Inactive

merlynne12 HB User
    Exclamation

Gabe,

You mentioned you had the procedure done, and you live somewhere in NY. I'm in NY too, and am interested. Are you in NYC, or elsewhere?

Old 04-23-2002, 03:22 PM   #86
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User
    Hey guys, just to give an update, the red marks that took 4-5 days to heal last time were completely gone this time in about 2 days. I was very pleasantly surprised. For about the first 15 hours or so after the procedure, my skin was perfectly smooth, and for a while I actually thought that my scarring was miraculously going to be cured after just 2 visits. Unfortunately, it just took a while longer for the swelling to go down, and once it did, the scars came back, although they were much less noticeable. Honestly, I would say at this point that the worst scars have probably been raised by about 25 percent. The rest of my scarring, which was very mild and could only be seen from a certain angle under the right light, is virtually undetectable now. I am extremely pleased with the results thus far. At this rate, it would be about 75 percent better after my 6 visits, which is about what you can expect from microdermabrasion, and this only costs 90 per session, and you don't have any of the down time, and only very mild discomfort. I am glad to hear that so many people are interested in the procedure. I think this can really improve people's lives. Hopefully this will be available nation-wide in the near future.

Old 04-23-2002, 04:52 PM   #87
    Crzyakta
    (male)

Crzyakta HB User
    lol, from what I hear, microderm does jack for any type of indentted scarring

Old 04-23-2002, 09:44 PM   #88
    Arianiss

Arianiss HB User
    Hey everyone!

Are these saline injections permanent or do they get absorbed by the skin over time??????

Old 04-26-2002, 07:21 AM   #89
    loubug

loubug HB User
    The saline injections have no side effects exept for improving the scar that is being treated.The saline solution is injected under the scar.This causes the scar to raise while new collogen can grow underneath the scar.The saline solution is absorbed into the body leaving new collogen under the scar so when the scar goes back down it does not go as deep due to the new collogen that grew under the scar,and after time the scar gets less deep until it is almost becomes unnoticable and some scars I cant even see anymore.
    dju, Dr.Sire does have a website but he doesn't mension the saline injections and there are no before and after photos.There are before and after photos at his office.I took a before photo and will take another picture after all my treatments.Treatments are done every two weeks for about six treatments.Total time is around 3 months, less for minor scarring.Each scar can only be injected every two weeks.
    Dr.Sire will inform other Derms about this procedure once he finishes his report.He still has to go through the process of getting it published by a publishing company.
    My next treatment is Monday the 29th.The scarring on my face is alot less noticable and things are going good.I had a couple of deep scars on my temple and those are 50% better after 3 treatments on them.The minor scars I can hardly see,I have to really look for them in order to see them.
    If anybody has any questions fro me or the Dr.ask adn I will try to get the answer.
    loubug out.

Old 04-27-2002, 10:01 AM   #90
    pennylane

pennylane HB User
    i just got my photos from the studio back today and on some of the photos, especially the ones where they used really bright lights, the acsne scars looked awful! it doesnt look THAT awful in real life( i think, i hope). seems that cool touch wasnt that worth it after all. one question though- someone mentioned that u can't apply anything on your face for three days after the procedure is done or you;d break out. is this true? when did u guys start applying the aloe vera gel then? thanks in advance

Closed Thread