It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• tooth in sinus cavity in front

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
    lme1251
    (female)

lme1251 HB User
    tooth in sinus cavity in front

I have a tooth in my sinus cavity in the front. I do not have a tooth there where it is in my sinus. I have a bridge. I did not know this until a week ago. The Dentist is suggesting that I get this removed. Not sure if I should do this. I have ringing in my left ear where the tooth is on my left side. I have headaches from time to time. Please let me know what you think. Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
    Becky2008
    (female)

Becky2008 HB User
    Re: tooth in sinus cavity in front

My suggestion is that you get a consult with and oral surgeon. A general dentist is not qualified to take a tooth out in this situation. The oral surgeon will be able to tell you whether it needs to come out or not. Many times, we just leave those, but if it is causing you problems then you may have to have it out. Good Luck!

Becky

Old 07-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
    malikia
    (female)

malikia HB User

After an extraction, my husband is suffering the same like pain, ie:if air gets to it, and it does because it is in the front of his mouth. The pain is so severe, that it's impacting his ability to eat. As it's the 4th today, his dentist is close. What would cause such pain?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
    Becky2008
    (female)

Becky2008 HB User

Hi Malikia,
    Sometimes after a tooth is extracted the blood clot can come loose, exposing the socket (dry socket). This can be a very painful situation as air hits the exposed bone. This is not very common in a front tooth, but it is possible. This is not a dangerous situation, just a painful one. If there is a lot of pus or swelling and he has a fever, then we worry about an infection, which can also be very painful. An infection is nothing to mess with, so if he has any of those symptoms, call the dentist on call, or if there isn't one, try to call them at home, or go to an er for antibiotics. If it is a dry socket, all the dentist will do is put some medicine in the socket to cover it, and it will feel a lot better. Tough luck with having this problem over the holiday weekend. Hopefully things will start to get better.

Becky

Quote:
    Originally Posted by malikia View Post
    After an extraction, my husband is suffering the same like pain, ie:if air gets to it, and it does because it is in the front of his mouth. The pain is so severe, that it's impacting his ability to eat. As it's the 4th today, his dentist is close. What would cause such pain?

Closed Thread