It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• my husband's SA analysis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
    cookiemunster65
    Veteran
    (female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
    my husband's SA analysis

my husband got his SA results back. here's what it read:

count: 190million (normal 150mil)
    motility: 40% (they want at least 50%)
    morphology: good (they did not give numbers)
    rapid forward progression: 11% (they want at least 25%)

they also did a culture and found ureaplasma, which he and i both are now taking antibiotics for.

its there any natural way to boost motility and r.f.p? i read in an article that vitamin c and e will help. he has to retake his SA in 30days after the 10 cycle of antibiotics to see if the ureaplasma is gone. i'd like to get his numbers up a little by that point. any suggestions would be appreciated.

(i also heard fertilaid as well..)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
    SlyFoxy
    (female)

SlyFoxy HB User
    Smile Re: my husband's SA analysis

cookiemunster65 my DH has a low sperm count an all but it has been getting lots better since he started taking this stuff. On that fertilaid doesn't seem to do good. At least it didn't for us. Now if you just start this stuff it will take about 3 months to see any results.

Maca 2x a day
    Zinc 2x a day
    Vitamin C-1000 2x a day
    Co-Enzyme Q-10 30 Mg Capsules 1x a day
    Ginseng (Panax ginseng) 1 time a day
    Multivitamin for men 2x a day

This what I've posted has helped my DH sperm count,motility and morphology

This is my Dh 1st SA Nov 14th 08
    3million
    Motility 37%
    Progression Poor Movement
    Morphology 20%
    80% Abnormal Forms Include Head and Tail Abnormalities

Now his 2nd SA Feb 13 2009
    Sperm Conc 5.60
    Motility 38%
    Progression 2 better than 1st SA
    Agglutination NO
    % Viable (> 75%)
    Morphology (> 50%) Normal

Now his 3rd SA April 30th 09
    Sperm Conc.10.0
    Motility 66%
    Progression 2
    Agglutination NO
    % Viable (> 75%)
    Morphology (> 50%) Normal

So I think what my DH has been taking seems to be helping things.

zinc: increases sperm cell production - can be found in lamb, oysters, fish
    vitamins C, E: improves production and motility (swimming action) of your sperm cells
    selenium: improves sperm motility as well as increasing sperm production
    lycopene: found in tomatoes (ketchup, etc), a number of studies have shown lycopene might increase sperm count
    water: probably the #1 restricting factor of low semen volume if you're dehydrated
    L-Carnitine, L-Arginine: amino acids (proteins) that are needed for semen production
    Maca: a popular plant known to raise testosterone levels in men
    Eat a natural foods diet that focuses on fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fish, poultry, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
    Drink 50% of body weight in ounces of water daily (e.g., a 150 lb man would drink 75 oz of water).
    Eliminate processed and refined foods (e.g., white flour), junk food, sugars, alcohol, and caffeine.
    Avoid saturated fats and hydrogenated oils (e.g., margarine); use olive oil.
    Pumpkin seeds are naturally high in zinc and essential fatty acids which are vital to healthy functioning of the male reproductive system. Eat pumpkin seeds to help maintain a healthy reproductive system.
    The following supplements may increase sperm count and/or motility.

Allow 3-4 months for the supplements to work.

Arginine - Take 4 gr daily. Needed to produce sperm. If the sperm count is below 10 million per ml, arginine probably will not provide any benefit.
    Coenzyme Q10 - Take 10 mg daily. Increases sperm count and motility. Helps with DNA damage too.
    Flaxseed oil - Take 1 tbsp daily. Is a source of essential fatty acids.
    L-carnitine - Take 3-4 grams daily. Required for normal sperm function.
    Multivitamin-mineral - Buy a high-quality product and take one serving size (differs from brand to brand).
    Selenium - Take 200 mcg daily. Improves sperm motility.
    Vitamin B-12 - Take 1000 mcg daily. A B-12 deficiency reduces sperm motility and sperm count. Even if no deficiency exists, B-12 supplementation may help men with a sperm count of less than 20 million per milliliter or a motility rate of less than 50%
    Vitamin C - Take 500 mg 2 times daily. Is an antioxidant.
    Vitamin E - Take 400 IUs 2 times daily. Is an antioxidant and improves sperms' ability to impregnate.
    Zinc - Take 30 mg 2 times daily. Required for a healthy male reproductive system and sperm production.
    Ginseng (Panax ginseng) - Known as a male tonic (an agent that improves general health) and used to increase testosterone levels and sperm count.

GoodLuck

Closed Thread