It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• lump in eyelid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
    salats
    (male)

salats HB User
    lump in eyelid

Hello, my problem is a lump in the eyelid. I saw it this morning, when I wake up. It was all fine yesterday, so I guess something happen on the night. It doesn't hurt, but I feel small pressure on my eye. Please tell me what is it and what can I do?

Last edited by salats; 09-08-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
    mushiexco
    (male)

mushiexco HB User
    Re: lump in eyelid

Hi, I do no have an answer but a similar condition. I got a lump in my upper eyelid on my left eye and though it does not hurt, I did some research and thought it was a stye and treated for that. At the time I did not have insurance, so just left it. That was over 3 years ago and I still have it, only I have about 1 in every eye, sometimes two, and both lower eyelids have become pretty big and red over the past couple of weeks. I noticed that in the past couple of days, in my right lower eyelid, if you peel it back, I saw a white dot. It grew and grew and looked like a mucous pore or blister full of pus. Well i closed my eyelid really tight and apparently it popped or dispersed and then I rinsed out my eye with water. It's still there but not as big, the white dot that is. I still have bumps in all eyelids. When I had insurance before, I thought nothing of it because I was used to it. Now, I am at another point where I do not have any insurance and am seeking some insight.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
    jamaku
    (male)

jamaku HB User
    Re: lump in eyelid

It is likely a blocked oil gland, a milder form of a stye. Treatment for styes and similar lumps are with warm compresses to soften the material inside and allow it to self drain. Do this 3-4 times a day.

If the swelling enlarges and spread to the whole lid, you may need antibiotics. See your ophthalmologist or primary care doctor in that case.

Closed Thread