It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Has anyone had the "intial breakout" with Yasmin that lasted MORE than a month?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-13-2003, 11:10 AM   #16
    knut

knut HB User
    Yeah, Iím trying to do the green tea thing too. I drink about three cups a day when Iím at work (just canít do it on the weekendsÖ). I recently got the chamomile green tea; which I think is an added bonus.

Thatís really why Iíve come to the conclusion that my problem is mainly hormonal (and probably the wheat sensitivity). Iíve done all the antibiotics (including accutane) . They work for a little while and then the acne returns. I eat healthy and take supplements, including those ďgood-for-you-fatsĒÖ.., and stillÖ., itís like just taking a grab in the dark for what will help me.

Everytime that I get upset and all paranoid about my face my boyfriend tries to tell me that No, the world does not revolve around me and no-one cares if I have a pimple or two on my face. Thatís 100% trueÖ, but it sure does feel like thatís the only thing that matters when youíre the one dealing with it. I really, really try to come back to reality and look at the bigger picture of life; but when I canít even look in a mirror without being disgusted, itís hard.

And honestly, Iím not a drama queen. This is how I feel; Iím just a very sensitive/emotional person, so I have a hard time. Iím really not vainÖ, I just donít want to feel ugly Ė and this makes me feel that way.

BUT, Iím feeling much, much better today. Itís like my face took a huge turn for the better this weekend, looking better every day. I contribute that to not eating any wheat and taking the adrenal supplement since the beginning of the month. My face just takes a long time to heal, so the spots on my face are the ones that popped up a week or more ago. I havenít had anything new in about a week.

JJ Ė have you ever tried not eating wheat? I know that itís not the easiest dietÖ, but there are lots of subsitutions and things that you can still eat (I think of it as like a very easy atkins dietÖ, cause I still eat potatoes and fruit Ė itís not about the carbs; itís just cutting out wheat (bread, breading, cookies, crackers, pasta (and of course there are those ďgluten freeĒ subsitutions, but I havenít tried any yet.Ö.)). Iíd say to give it a shot for like two weeksÖ., and see if you see any difference. I did that (along with taking the adrenal support pills) and that is how long it took me to start seeing a difference. Not sure if youíd be up for it; but it couldnít hurt any.

I went ahead and started the Yasmin and bactrim just to make sure that there wouldnít be any surprises before the holidays. I still have my fingers crossedÖ, and not adding wheat products back in for a while just to be safe.

[This message has been edited by knut (edited 10-13-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #17
    lismark
    (female)

lismark HB User
    Knut- what are adrenal supplements?? I have a feeling my breakouts are caused by hormones and there is nothing else I can do about it!

Old 10-14-2003, 07:05 AM   #18
    knut

knut HB User
    lismark,

The adrenal supplement is called Adrenogen. This is what the natural health chiropractor gave me. This is some info from the manufacturer's site.

Adrenogen provides nutritional support for adrenal function by combining high quality nutrients that are involved in hormone regulation. The body's adrenal glands produce stress hormones, steroid hormones, and blood pressure-regulating hormones.
    Raw Adrenal Concentrate (BovineÜ) 80 mg
    Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg
    Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25 mg
    para-Aminobenzoic acid (PABA) 25 mg
    Riboflavin 10 mg

The maker of this vitamin is Metagenics. Looks like you can only get it from a participating health practitioner Ė canít buy it OTC.

I've done a lot of research into each one of those properties in the pill and all of them are very beneficial to the skin. I would recommend them very much. They are pretty cheap too - like $12 for 90 pills (I take two a day).

Take a look at my post about the kinesiology for more details.

Anyway, I would highly reccommend that any female adult that is at her wits end becuase of this acne and doesn't know where in the world it's coming from; or why, or what to do about it either consider going to a kinesiologist to have this test done or just taking the supplement and avoiding wheat to see if that could possibly be your answer also. I know that everyone is different, and this may not be the cure for all, but it MAY be, and I think that I'm on to something here for myself.

I've felt SOO much happier in the past few days.

Old 10-18-2003, 04:50 PM   #19
    jj22

jj22 HB User
    Knut,
    How is everything going? Any progress with the Yasmin? I'm scheduled to start taking it tomorrow...but I'm a little nervous. I'm dreading a horrible intial breakout. With my luck, I'll get a nasty breakout that will last a few months. It would be wonderful if Yasmin is our secret to clear skin. Well..I was just curious if you have had any results. I know it's only been a week or two for you. I'd like to give this wheat free diet a shot. So the only foods I'm avoiding are breads, pasta, cookies, crackers, chips,etc?? How about oatmeal? I'll see if anything happens if I stick to it for two weeks.
    I can completely relate to everything you were saying in a previous post. Any time I get really upset about my face, I'll usually break down to my boyfriend. He says the same exact things your boyfriend says. How the world doesn't revolve around my face and no one notices if I have a zit or two....Then he'll tell me doesn't even notice it either and I'm beautiful...He really does seem sincere but a part of me wonders if he is just telling me things I want to hear. After all, he's the one who sees me when I go to bed at night and first thing in the morning with no makeup. He MUST notice when my skin looks bad.
    I'm not a vain person either...but I honestly feel that this problem is affecting my self esteem. I'm hoping something ends up working for me. Can you tell me more about this androgen supplement you are on? I'm interested in it.
    Oh well...hope all is well with you. Keep in touch.
    take care,
    JJ

Old 10-20-2003, 07:03 AM   #20
    knut

knut HB User
    Hey JJ, Well, as of today Iím still doin the sameÖslow progress. Itís been about 20 days since I stopped eating wheat and a full week since starting to take the Yasmin and bactrim. I really wish that I was brave enough to not take the bactrim, but I really wanted to do everything possible to avoid having multiple gross lumps on my face during the holidays. It's going to be a stressful time anyway with what we have going on.

I donít know if youíd be up for it; but possibly you could talk to the doctor about taking some sort of antibiotic during the first month or two of yasmin?? It might put your mind at ease a little knowing that something would be working against the breakout. It does for me. And seriously, a couple of weeks ago, I was depressed, sad, moody, self esteem was terrible; but I have been feeling much, much better. Iím sure that itís that my face is looking better; but Iím also possibly thinking that it is from being off of the OTC also (????). Itíd really be something if that has been the root of my problems for the past few years!

I sincerely hope that this combination of not eating wheat, taking the yasmin and bactrim will do the trick. Hopefully in a month I will be off the bactrim and everything will stay just fine. As of right now, Iím only just washing my face with St. Ives Clear pore gel cleanser (tea tree oil, chamomile, and primrose (also has salicylic acid in it, but I donít think itís a lot, because it doesnít dry me out like other harsh cleansers do)). Then I put on the regenerist serum. I only have one ďactiveĒ pimple right now, the rest are old spots and are healing (SLOWLY!!!! ARGGGG!!!!).
    I wish that I wasnít so fair skinned so that they wouldnít be so noticeable.

You pretty much covered what you have to avoid. Read the ingredients if you are unsure about anything. Some stores have wheat free cookies and crackers. Iíve tried one chocolate chip cookie that was pretty good; and one that was nasty! You should be fine with oatmeal; also, if you like cream of wheat hot cereal, there is a cream of rice alternative that I think tastes about the same. Honestly, not eating wheat hasnít been too hard for me. Iím so determined to have a clear face that I just donít even think about it as a hardship or anything. I eat a lot of brown rice, soup, fruits, chili, casseroles (with rice of course (not pasta)). Even tacos Ė just make sure you get the yellow shells. I havenít really ventured out to try and cook much but I do have a book of simple recipies that I found on the web that I want to try.

Hehehe, I think that our boyfriends went to an acne support group or somethingÖ., they are saying the same exact things I think that they are doing both- being sincere but also saying the things that we want to hear and trying to make us feel better. I mean, like you said Ė they see the same thing that you see. If you have a huge zit in the middle of your chin itís not like it is invisible to them just because they love you (that, and that cover up makeup that works oh-so-well (yeah right!!))

My chiropractor put me on the adrenal gland pills after I ďfailedĒ his kinesiology test. The adrenal gland is basically in charge of handling stress for your body. I guess that apparently, mine doesnít work too well. I do worry a lot, get anxious, and let things bother me quite a bit instead of letting them goÖÖ These pills have a large amount of B-vitamins which help with stress, fatigue, carbohydrate metabolism, and cell regeneration. Also it has PABA (para-amino-benzoic-acid) in it and Iíve read that is used highly for skin and hair health. A lot of people say that taking extra B vitamins help with their skin. I also take a pretty good multivitamin, extra calcium, magnesium, zinc (all in one pill), and an extra vitamin E & evening primrose capsule. I know it sounds like a lot, but itís really not; I take some in the morning and some at night. And honestly, itís not all for acne; I do try and be healthy. We also make juice at home, about once a day and add flax oil to it. My boyfriend is in charge of that Ė he puts in apple, carrot, and spinach. Doesnít taste bad (honest ) .

Well, sorry for the long post. Good luck with starting the yasmin, let me know how itís going for you. Also, let me know if you have any other questions / or just wanna vent.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #21
    jj22

jj22 HB User
    Knut,
    Hey, how's it going? Thanks for such an informative post. The Yasmin has been put off until Sunday. It's period week for me and I was originally considering skipping it and starting right up on Yasmin, but I don't want to screw up my hormones any more than they already are. It's been an ok week so far. Not horrible, but not good by any means. What do you use for a moisturizer? I've been using Cetaphil for the past few months. I know it comes highly recommended...but let me tell you...by the end of the day I'm an oil slick. My skin seems to be exceptionally oily lately and I'm not sure how to tackle this problem. I'm a teacher...so I put in roughly a 7 hour day. By the end of the day, when I get home, I am oily. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Hopefully the Yasmin will help that too. I'm really putting a lot of faith on this birth control pill.
    What do you use to spot treat? Have you tried tea-tree oil? I'm curious about it. Have you every tried the "acne cure" in the past? I gave it a shot for about a month. It seemed to be working good, but then all of sudden it stopped. Any red mark that I had on my face seemed to get darker...Who knows why..
    Oh well...let me know how you are doing. Any sign of an initial breakout from Yasmin? I'm so afraid of what that could possibly bring. Let's hope we are two of the lucky ones who don't experience it. I'm hoping things will be looking up by Christmas. I'm going to Florida with my boyfriend's family after christmas and the last thing I want to be worried about is my complexion. Especially since they are a group with flawless skin.
    OH well...hope all is well with you. write when you get a chance.
    take care,
    JJ

Old 10-22-2003, 11:36 AM   #22
    knut

knut HB User
    Hey there, I know what you mean about not wanting to screw with your hormones any more than necessary. A couple months ago, I decided that I wanted to switch from Ortho Tri Cyclen; but I couldnít get into see the doctor for a new RX until like 2 weeks AFTER I was supposed to start taking my new pack. So, I went in to this new doctor with a sheet of good b/c pills for acne that I found on the internetÖ, I also told him that hopefully I wanted one that wouldnít affect my sex drive as much. Well, he couldnít have cared less what I had to say and was no help to me. He gave me an RX for Demulen 1/50 which is supposedly good for acne; but on reading more about it I decided I didnít want to take SO much estrogen (like twice as much as most pills) AND it probably would have made my sex drive worse. Those pills are prescribed a lot for people that have break through bleeding and really irregular periods, and mine have always been fine.

Anyway, so by then it was going on like 3 weeks of not taking any birth control pills and I figured that I would just wait for my period to come and then Iíd start on ortho tri cyclen LO (I figured it wouldnít help with acne, but might help my sex drive, and I needed to take SOMETHING). (Figured I would do that until I found something else to try.) Well, because my body was so used to taking the pills; it decided not to have a period without themÖÖÖ, which in turned FREAKED ME OUT. I thought that I was pregnant, stressed out like crazy about it, got a pregnancy test, tested negative, didnít believe it, made an emergency doctorís appt to get tested there, and that test was negative. This doctor bascially just told me that who knows when my body would naturally have a period again and that I should just start on a new pack of pills. So, I took the OTC LO for a month and Ĺ, was getting worse, so decided to start taking the Yasmin.

So, here I am screwing with my hormones; stressing out like crazy, and I wonder why my face has these weird break out patterns Ö. I think youíre smart for not skipping your period.

I really do like the St. Ives clear pore wash; itís not harsh on me and I really think that itís helped with the oil. It has tea tree oil in it. Maybe you should try it out. What wash do you use?

For a moisturizer Iíve been using the Oil of Olay Regenerist serum. Supposedly this stuff is meant to go on under moisturizerÖ., but it does such a good job of moisturizing when I put it on and itís so soothing that I donít need a moisturizer. Iíd say that Iíve noticed that my oil slick has improved this past week. Iím hoping that the yasmin will help that also, Iíve read that its very possible that it may (fingers crossed!!!)

What grade do you teach?

About spot treatments and the acne cure:
    Iím not sure what type of skin you have exactly, but I am very, very fair, and have sensitive and oily skin. I feel like the sensitive and oily combo is weird; but, thatís what I got. I did try the ďacne cureĒ for about two months (started like in August). I washed my face, used Paulaís choide BHA and then put on 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, over my whole face. I felt like the bha really got down into my pores and I thought that I was getting betterÖ, but then I never really cleared up; always had these nasty patches around my chin. Then, despite what I was doing, I started getting really, really bad. I started using 10% BP on my bad areas, and tried switching up to a harsher cleanserÖ.., neither worked, and proably both of them made my face worse. I was just getting desperate. So, I stopped EVERYTHING and started washing my face with a new Dove cleanswer for sensitive skin. The redness and inflammation calmed down, but I was really, really, really oily. That is when I found the St. Ives cleanser and I like that a lot.

Now, at the same time; I was trying to use tazorac as a spot treatment. (Iíve used tazorac before, as a cream all over my face. It took about a week or so of a red, peeling face; but then it started to work. My face always seemed red, but the peeling stopped )

Well, using it for a spot treatment was a bad idea. Tazorac is so harsh and exfoliates so much, that instead of helping my spots, it would make them really red and then ďpeelĒ. Like, so I had this big red bump that had this circle around it; if that makes any sense to you. So, I donít do that anymore; and I found out that BP does nothing for me; so I figured I just wouldnít do anything for spot treatmentsÖÖÖÖ.., BUT, then I read in a couple of places that people with my type of skin can still use tazorac and it could actually help more and not give you the redness/peeling if you apply it, leave it on for like 2 minutes, and then rinse it off. So, Iíve done this for a couple days (like at least 10 minutes before putting on the regenerist serum), and so far so good. Face is still clearing up and no redness.

SO. Iím doing so much that I can only hope that SOMETHING will work. Whether it be not eating wheat, switching to Yasmin, or using the taz cream. We are gonna be the lucky ones!!!! Iím trying to keep the faith

We are going back home to Virginia for Christmas this year (we moved to MN a few years ago). All of our family and friends are there; but I donít know his family or friends all that well. Iím kind of like a shy/social anxiety person anyway and of course ALL of these people are great skin people and I know I will be so self concious and not want to go if I have a breakout at the time. I mean, shoot- here I am worried about it months ahead of time; that should say how much of a worry-wart I am.

Sorry this is long again; I babble pretty well

Have a great day; and think positively. Iím TRYING to.

Old 10-22-2003, 01:44 PM   #23
    jj22

jj22 HB User
    Hi Knut,
    How's it going? I teach 2nd grade. It's my first year. I absolutely love it! I have a great class..but there's just so much to do...especially being a first year teacher. I'm sure that stress doesn't help my face. What do you do for work?
    Anyways, thanks for the recommednations on some products. I'm definitely looking to change. I'd like to give that face wash a shot. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes. There are sooo many products and I feel like I'm constantly throwing away my money and who knows...making my face worse by trying all different stuff. It sounds like you and I have similar skin types. I'm not extremely fair, but my skin is definitely on the lighter side. I'm very excited to try what you recommended about Tazorac. I've being use it on/off for a few months now...not at all consistently...and it's just been harsh. I get the redness and peeling too. I have never thought to wash it off.
    Today I woke up with two new good ones brewing on my jaw line. Just when I thought this week was looking better...Hopefully I can do something to prevent them from becoming full blown. We have a Halloween party and a birthday party this weekend...and here I go again...worrying about my face. You and I are definitely on the same page when it comes to that. Whenever I think long term about anything...I always think about my complexion.
    How long have you been dealing with this problem? I've never had great skin...it's always been a little combination and I would get the occasional breakout. I got on ortho-tryclen about 4 years ago...and that seemed to take care of any minor breakout. About a little more than a year ago...it was probably last August...my face started acting up. I went to the Derm for the first time last Oct. and she put me on minocycline. By Thanksgiving my skin was nice. This period of niceness lasted all the way until...late April/early May...Thats when my jaw line and predominately the lower part of my face begain to breakout. Ever since then, it's been an on again/off again struggle. There hasnt been any extended period of clearness since April. In June, the derm switched me from Mino to Ery Tabs. I think they have done absolutely nothing...but I"m still taking them.
    Early April I switched to Ortho-try LO....and that seemed to cause a big breakout. I switched back to regular Ortho by June. Who knows how much trouble that caused in the long run...
    Whatever the case, I'm 23 years old. I feel like I'm way too old for this nonsense. I'm so embarrassed by my face sometimes. I'm really, really hoping Yasmin is our answer. I can't wait to start!! I'm going to be devestated if it doesn't work for me.
    Do you ever steam your face? I've been a big kicks with that too. It sounds like it would make sense. I'm not sure if it helps or not. Obviously not alot. Oh well.
    Alright, good chatting with you. I have a volleyball game tonight. I need to correct some papers, eat a quick dinner, and head out. Got to love those fluorescent lights in the gym!!
    take care,
    JJ

Old 10-22-2003, 04:55 PM   #24
    James132

James132 HB User
    Hey now im 27 and have had it since I was oh.....18.......start of college ack......so your never too old to have it......it's been a nice cycle of off and on again. =(

Old 10-23-2003, 07:23 AM   #25
    knut

knut HB User

Thatís great that you have a career that you enjoy. Thatís wonderful. I work in a small office environment; sit in a large cubical all day. I process a lot of paperwork; work in Purchasing...I donít really love my job, it gets boring, and I have too much of the same monotonos stuff to do every day, every week, every monthÖÖ, BUT, I consider myself lucky to have a job in the first place, the way that the economy is going (and I didnít go to college, so I donít have a specialty in anything, just lots of work experience). I am paid pretty well, and I have a lot of freedom without a boss looming over me constantly, so I really canít complain too much.

Stress is SO much a factor with aggravating acne, which is why you should possibly think of taking those adrenal supplements or at least supplementing your diet with some B vitamins. The adrenal gland is what your body uses to handle stress, and b vitamins support that (some kind of way), and are good for stress. I really do think that Iíve calmed down a bit lately. Like, I had some stressful situations going on in my personal life that have went away somewhat recently, so, maybe that is a factor, but I do feel as if Iíve mellowed out a bit more. My boyfriend says that he can tell also. And ya know, it could just be that Iím seeing a little bit of positive results in my skin and Iím trying to stay positive about it; but ya never know, it might be because of the vitamins.

When I first started looking at this site I got really overwhelmed with all the products that everyone was talking about, or had used, or worked, or didnít work. I started doing searches for everything and tried out a few things (different washes, the acne cure, epsom salt). I learned that I needed to stay away from the harsh stuff as it just definitely wasnít for me. I have faint ďscarsĒ (like light purplish/red flat spots) on my face, but they arenít bad. I am hoping that the regenerist will show some results on those soon. Itís so hard being so pale; everything stands out and I can't cover anything up. In fact, I recently went into the clinique counter to buy different foundation and powder and they didn't even have a shade light enough for me. Guess I'll just stick with my drugstore stuff.

If you do try the tazorac deal; make sure that when you rinse it off, that you keep the water away from your eyes. I wasn't even thinking about this, and I guess last night when I rinsed it off, I just rubbed my whole face and it got around my eyes apparently. This morning the skin around my eyes was peeling and red, stung putting on my eye cream...., so, just be causious of that........., (of course, it might have just happened because I have THE MOST PATHETICALLY SENSITIVE SKIN POSSIBLE, so you may not have to worry).

Wouldn't it be nice to have a day go by without thinking of your complexion...., or plan for something a month away and not have to worry what your face may look like then? That would just be so nice.

I remember first breaking out when I was about 14 or 15. I don't really remember if it was "teenage acne" or if I always had these sorts of nodules/cysts. I went on accutane when I was 17 (after trying more antibiotics and creams than i can even remember). The accutane cleared me for a couple years..., but then I started having problems again. The ortho tri cyclen never helped. I've had periods of doing nothing; and then short periods of taking an antibiotic, clearing up for a few months, and then breaking out again. Viscious, mentally, self-esteem-draining cycle.

I'd say that you and I have been living parallel lives if it weren't for the fact I was a few years older than you. My face got really, really bad about last September/October. I went to the doctor in November and she gave me minocyclen and tazorac. By mid-December I would say that I was clear (after suffering from the red/peeling face from the tazorac), and I thought that this was finally it. Well, by April/May, I was still taking the stuff like usual, but started getting nasty bumps on my face again. I suffered with it for a while, tried upping the dose (per my doctor), then stopped taking them. I went to a dermatologists office to get microderm abrasion to see if that would help. I don't know if it did anything except possibly made it worse. My skin FELT better right afterwards, but it only lasted a day. I had two of them done (which hurt my pockets at $125 each). I'd say about a month later; I took bactrim, and it cleared me up pretty well. I started seeing breakouts again, and at that time my boyfriend and I did a week long fast, only drinking a homemade lemonade mixture. My skin looked WONDERFUL. Then I started eating again. Really healthy (I thought); sandwiches, cereal/milk, yogurt..., no junk food. My skin turned terrible, like almost overnight. It was really bad. Like, I had 13 or so big bumps all around my chin all at one time. So, that's when I started with the "acne cure" and also cut out dairy. I would have never thought that it was actually the wheat that seemed to be the main problem.

Anyway, WE ARE ALL WAY TOO OLD FOR THIS!!!!!! It is very embarrasing, especially when you are in your professional environment; or like you are talking to parents of your students, or trying to actually hangout with friends that of course have no clue what it's like to be dealing with this problem.

I think that steaming would be a good idea; but I've never really gotten into it. I'm sure it may help a little; but I would almost bet 100% that with our type of acne, that we wouldn't really see much improvement. I'd save it for more of like doing weekly facials once we clear up; know what I mean?

Hope your game went well last night. The only thing I'm looking forward to for tonight is that Survivor comes on - WOOO HOOOOOOO!!! I'm addicted to that show.

Well, thanks for chatting; it is REALLY helpful to be able to relate so well and know that we are going through the same thing. Fingers crossed!, we'll be clear by turkey day

Old 10-23-2003, 09:12 AM   #26
    sazza

sazza HB User
    Wink

Hi Ladies,

I have been following your posts as I am also on the yasmin band wagon. I am now in my 6th week (no break) but things aren't clearing up for me yet. Maybe you were right to take the antibiotic too.

I was hoping I would have seen an improvement by now but I have been told that it should be better going into my third month - I really hope so as I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks and don't want to look a mess for that.

I am 24 and never had acne in high school, it only developed over the last couple of years. I really want to keep my regime as simple as possible. I am still suffering scaly skin from BP gel I used recently - never again!

I have bought some mandelic serum and I am about to buy some emu oil to moisturise my face and I hope these products will help get rid of these damn spots!

Anyway, I will follow how you get on and keep you posted.

Good luck!

Old 10-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #27
    sazza

sazza HB User
    Wink

Hi Ladies,

I have been following your posts as I am also on the yasmin band wagon. I am now in my 6th week (no break) but things aren't clearing up for me yet. Maybe you were right to take the antibiotic too.

I was hoping I would have seen an improvement by now but I have been told that it should be better going into my third month - I really hope so as I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks and don't want to look a mess for that.

I am 24 and never had acne in high school, it only developed over the last couple of years. I really want to keep my regime as simple as possible. I am still suffering scaly skin from BP gel I used recently - never again!

I have bought some mandelic serum and I am about to buy some emu oil to moisturise my face and I hope these products will help get rid of these damn spots!

Anyway, I will follow how you get on and keep you posted.

Good luck!

Old 10-23-2003, 10:42 AM   #28
    knut

knut HB User
    Hey Sazza, wouldn't it be nice to just wash and go? Maybe you could do a quick dose of antibiotics to get you jumpstarted on clearing up ?? Clear up what you have and let you start fresh.

JJ -
    About the tazorac...., I know your face isn't as sensitive as mine; but I noticed today that my face kinda feels hot and is peeling around my nose (where I don't even put the cream and around my chin. I'm going to skip putting it on tonite but then only do the routine with it at night from now on. Just something to consider if you start trying it.

Old 10-23-2003, 03:29 PM   #29
    jj22

jj22 HB User
    Knut,
    Hi, how's it going? I'm having quite a bout of depression today. I got up this morning, washed my face, went through my usual morning routine...and when it came time to put on my makeup...I noticed how especially lovely my face was looking. I mentioned before that I had a few new ones brewing on my jaw line. Well...they decided not to be shy and now they are out in full swing. I've got two new painful ones on my forehead....which is usually one of my safe areas. I've also discovered a nasty little patch on the right side of my chin. So..this immediately put me in a mood...but what can I do about it? I covered things up to the best of my ability and headed for school.
    Of course the kids were acting up all day. I felt like I was in constant stress mode. I got through the day and headed immediately home. You know what I did next, right? The worst thing ever. I got right into the mirror and began to inspect. Awful, just awful. I started to cry within seconds. This is definitely a full-swing bad breakout. Why though? This is where I start to make myself crazy! Did I do something? Eat something especially bad?? What led to this?? Of course, it's on a thursday, with the weekend right around the corner. Every thursday we have family dinner at my Grams. My mom's side of the fam is very Italian. It's a shame I didn't inherit there nice skin tone....Anyways, I put on my pajamas, washed my face and decided I wasn't going anywhere. I called my gram and faked an illness...How horrible is that!! I just honestly wasn't up for being around everyone, feeling like this, with makeup caked on over this mess.
    So that's my current state. I'm so glad we started chatting recently...because when I get like this I feel no one understands. It's nice to be able to vent to someone.
    So I washed my face,iced it for awhile and am going to put some Benxyzol Peroxide on for the night. I have a feeling that Tazorac could be connected to this breakout. I haven't used it in months and recently started less than a week ago. Also in a moment of desperation, I popped my first Yasmin pill. Which who knows what that can bring. My period is starting to go away...but I just couldn't wait until sunday. Oh well..hopefully a head start won't hurt.
    so what vitamins are you taking? a b-5 or just a general b? I'm taking C, E, and Calcium. Have you ever tried Zinc? I've heard some people rave about it.
    I hate when I feel like this. I'm not myself. I don't want to talk to anyone, see anyone, and I hate it. I know there are alot worse things I could be dealing with...but this puts my in such a horrible frame of mind. Please, please...let it improve for tomorrow. We've got this halloween party to go to that is a roaring 20s/Chicago theme. For some reason, I don't think flappers had acne!! Then it's my boyfriend's sister's bday party on Sunday with all the flawless complexion people.....good times.
    well I'm glad to hear things are going good with you. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge with me. Hope you have a good weekend. Talk to you soon.
    take care,
    JJ

Old 10-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #30
    jj22

jj22 HB User
    Ever try massive intake of b-5?

Closed Thread