It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• When your boyfriend lies about small things

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
    Lolley43
    (female)

Lolley43 HB User
    When your boyfriend lies about small things

My boyfriend lied about two strange things. One he showed me pics of kittens and said a co-worker had them made me believe for a month that we were going to look at them because I wanted one after he showed the picture. Truth has it that they were pics from the internet not from the co-worker. Why would he do that.
    Second, he had a Christmas party at work. Told me that it had been rescheduled we planned on going and discussed it for days when the truth was that it had never been rescheduled and they had the party on the original date planned which was the week before. I ran into someone he worked with is how I found out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
    cathy1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User
    Re: When your boyfriend lies about small things

Unfortunately this situation will only get worse. He's lying about things that don't even make any sense. Something is going on with him that could point to mental health issues OR he's hiding something or both.

Either way..... If you don't get to the bottom of this and sit down with him and ask him why he lies then expect it to continue. Don't stick your head in the sand and ignore this. It's a huge red flag.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
    writeleft
    Inactive
    (female)

writeleft HB User
    Re: When your boyfriend lies about small things

I have had experience with this same type person...lying when the truth would be better. It eventually became to the point where I no longer chose to hear anything she said. When he did say something, all I knew is that it wasn't the truth.

Random lying shows no respect for himself, and for you...I would not build anything on such a weak foundation.

The Christmas party lie was probably to do with him not wanting to go, which most people would just say "I don't want to go". Instead he chose an elaborate lie, only to have you find out anyway. Dumb.

The kitten picture is just crazy.

My sister started out like that, and progressed to more sociopathic behavior, but always including far out lies. I would not put up with a person who feels it is ok to play with your mind like that. In fact, I have completely cut things off with my sister.

Closed Thread