It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sinus Problems Message Board

• sinusitis with facial numbness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
    bonnielu
    (female)

bonnielu HB User
    sinusitis with facial numbness

I have sinusitis and have developed numbness and some swelling on the left side of my face that has the same sensation of the face after a shot of novocaine of dental procedure. It also feels like an allergic reaction with some swelling of lips.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
    358lin
    (female)

358lin HB User
    Re: sinusitis with facial numbness

I hope you have gone to see a doctor by now. I had sinusitis for eight months. I lost partial vision of my right eye and then got vertigo so that I couldn't stand up. I then got heavy green mucous so bad that I couldn't sleep at all while I was out of town on vacation (bad timing). I was told later, when I finally sought help, that I should have gone to emergency when I lost partial vision. I then found through my own research that the sinus cavity is so close to brain that it is possible to get encephalitis (swelling, inflammation, infection of the brain); so, hurry to the doctor, especially if it has not improved (you may need antibiotics)!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
    esolc
    (male)

esolc HB User

I think maybe I have some information about this neuropaythy, my wife has a very terribe time with The problem. I am going to give it a try. Can't this time hurt any, she can not take most drugs for thhe pain, so she just suffers.

case

Old 01-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
    esolc
    (male)

esolc HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonnielu View Post
    I have sinusitis and have developed numbness and some swelling on the left side of my face that has the same sensation of the face after a shot of novocaine of dental procedure. It also feels like an allergic reaction with some swelling of lips.
    I have sesation in the first little finger and the one next it which then translates its lates it self my arch and bottom of my feet with shoes and even when I just wear soks around the house. I use use waits but now I am luky to left 10# and it never gets any better with all the P.T. therapy I get. But I know every one there, and sems to have a calming effect after the first half hour through. It take longer proces what thant me to do. Embarresing. I stayin car when g placs and won't look at people that go by.

case

Closed Thread