It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• 4 yr old adderall to focalin....frustrated

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
    bethies30
    (female)

bethies30 HB User
    4 yr old adderall to focalin....frustrated

hi all...
    my 4 yr old is diagnosed ADD and anxiety... we started adderall xr last month and the first day was awful.... i was determined, so i stuck with it and the first week of the meds was great! he colored for hours, was really doing well... then... he started becoming aggressive (esp. around noon) after a couple of weeks of this i decided to call the dr. and she recommended focalin xr. absolutely no better.... this morning was a nightmare trying to get him dressed and out the door.... i'm in total tears over this.... i cant' stand seeing my son like this that i'm pretty sure i'm stopping the focalin... (however, i just couldn't get over the great effects he got from adderall when it seemed to be working)
    i just don't know what to do..... maybe the xr isn't the right type of drug for him??? maybe a stimulant isn't what he needs at all??? the doc said she wants to start him on zoloft too but doesn't start 2 meds at once, so maybe just the zoloft???
    let me add that my 16 yr old has ADHD/ODD/Depression... she was on adderall xr for years and did VERY well on the drug ! she didnt' start until she was 9 though, so although i have much experience with these drugs, not when they're so young....
    any advice???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread