It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lasik Eye Surgery Message Board

• Just has LASIK - Intralase

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
    elite gm
    (male)

elite gm HB User
    Just has LASIK - Intralase

Had LASIK Friday afternoon at Millennium Eye Centers in Sunrise, FL. I had Intralase with the Allegretto Wave. The surgery was painless and total operating time was maybe 2-3 minutes max.

I had a slight astigmatism -1.75 in both eyes so I was about 20/80.

The first night was a little uncomfortable with some stinging, and they give you numbing drops to use but I didnt use them.

The next morning I had my next day post op visit back to the center and I was 20/10!!! The very next day! My far sight is insane, and close up I can read perfect too. In fact, very close up. I am 29, so hopefully that won't change for a while (till Im older and need reading glasses). My prescription hadnt really change much in the last 10 years either so it made me a good candidate.

It has been 72 hours and I am doing great, the vision is unbelievable.

The 1 and only thing I would have to say sucks about it is all the drops you have to take religiously for days. The first 24 hrs you have to take lubricating drops EVERY 5-10 minutes (while awake)! Then throughout the week I will be slowly weened off. Now I am doing them about every 30 mins.
    There is also antibiotic drops and steroids which are every 2 hours the first couple days, then 4 times a day for the rest of the week.

I will update as I heal/etc.

My night vision is also excellent. As for starburt/halo, I do see startburst but ONLY from oncoming headlights and only certain types of light have halos...but its so minor I wouldnt fret about it unless I knew of people having these so called 'issues'. But I do realize, a lot will change as my eyes continue to heal.

Last edited by elite gm; 02-09-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
    elite gm
    (male)

elite gm HB User
    Re: Just has LASIK - Intralase

Up to now my eyes have been super dry and yesterday (Monday) was my first day back to work. I work on a computer all day. It was a little difficult for me to work yesterday bc of the dryness. Today is much better and I can tell I'm already less dependent on the lubrication drops, although I am still taking them about once and hour just because I believe it will aid in the healing process even more. I strongly believe the drops are crucial to good healing.

I have also been extremely careful wearing my sunglasses to bed every night and didnt take a real shower (where I wet my entire face, but had eyes closed tight) until last night (72 hours after surgery).

Old 02-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
    BlutifulScorpio
    (female)

BlutifulScorpio HB User

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I also had the intralase Lasik yesterday and so far...so good.

I only have to use the lubricating drops as needed. So far I've only had to use them 3 or 4 times in the last 24 hours. The haziness is beginning to fade along with the halos. So far though...no starburts. But I've had a tiny bit of scrathiness in the left eye. Other than that...all is well so far! :-)

Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
    elite gm
    (male)

elite gm HB User

My Dr suggested the drops every 5-10 minutes claiming that it drastically helps the healing process and sure enough I am out 3 weeks today and not even really needing the drops anymore. I could get by without them, but I am taking them in the moring, about twice during the day, and once at night just to be safe.

I just came back from a snowboarding trip and I was really concerned my eyes would be too dry in the cold weather, but while I was out on the slopes I didnt even need the drops and my vision was AMAZING.

I dont regret lasik one bit!!!

Closed Thread